2023 Offensive line.

Old Guy

A real cold shower just before the game hearing Bakh is done. Gute will have to figure out the offloading but eating Rodgers’ and now Dave’s cap is a major albatross. We need to keep Love clean to see what we’ve got and maximize his growth this year.

Jenkins coming back will go a long way but Steno and LaFluer better find something that this line is capable of and drill them. No more dumb penalties and start playing together as a unit. Young TEs barely getting a glove on the incoming DE is also not helping the cause. 

12 minutes ago, Refugee said:

A real cold shower just before the game hearing Bakh is done. Gute will have to figure out the offloading but eating Rodgers’ and now Dave’s cap is a major albatross. We need to keep Love clean to see what we’ve got and maximize his growth this year.

Jenkins coming back will go a long way but Steno and LaFluer better find something that this line is capable of and drill them. No more dumb penalties and start playing together as a unit. Young TEs barely getting a glove on the incoming DE is also not helping the cause. 

Am I the only one that has lost faith in Myers and Runyon being here long term?  Mediocrity at best with those two.  Newman is far less than that.  I think I have faith in Tom, but he's got get a little beefier and stronger.  I think he should be the LT, but they must just want him to settle in at one spot for the time being.  Walker played pretty well in week 2 & 3, but I think he had a rough go tonight.  I think we need to hit the draft hard at Oline.

• Like 2

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Am I the only one that has lost faith in Myers and Runyon being here long term?  Mediocrity at best with those two.  Newman is far less than that.  I think I have faith in Tom, but he's got get a little beefier and stronger.  I think he should be the LT, but they must just want him to settle in at one spot for the time being.  Walker played pretty well in week 2 & 3, but I think he had a rough go tonight.  I think we need to hit the draft hard at Oline.

We will definitely need a new infusion ofOline through the draft and probably another journeyman vet. I just hope we can string something together this year that we can build off of and help our QB a bit. 

It's a real killer knowing if we bundled him with Rodgers we may have been able to force an automatic first rounder next year, and either got no. 13 outright this year, or swapped it for no. 45 instead of no. 15... or something to that effect anyway. 

It's safe to say his career is done the minute the season ends, if it isn't already. 

53 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Until Jenkins is back

LT - Yosh

LG - Walker

C - Myers

RG - Runyan

RT - Tom

Depth at OG and C isn't good. Rhyan can't overtake Newman.

Walker's not an upgrade at LG, if today or even last Sunday was any indication. He's kind of a pushover when it comes to run blocking. And more importantly, now you're playing musical chairs with the depth chart when it comes to Tackles in general, as the lone backup for those spots is an extremely raw Caleb Jones, meaning you'll have to do a lot of shifting if someone in the lineup falls.

I'd personally have swapped spots between Newman and Rhyan and have had Rhyan develop at LG instead- at least we could chalk up his likely struggles as 'gaining experience'.

3 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Walker's not an upgrade at LG, if today or even last Sunday was any indication. He's kind of a pushover when it comes to run blocking. And more importantly, now you're playing musical chairs with the depth chart when it comes to Tackles in general, as the lone backup for those spots is an extremely raw Caleb Jones, meaning you'll have to do a lot of shifting if someone in the lineup falls.

I'd personally have swapped spots between Newman and Rhyan and have had Rhyan develop at LG instead- at least we could chalk up his likely struggles as 'gaining experience'.

I think you need to develop Rhyan at RG since it's highly unlikely we re-sign Runyan. He's a JAG. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

If we don't get the offensive line fixed we are going to ruin Jordan Love. He had no chance last night with that protection and ZERO running game.

Ya, let me preface this by saying there are absolutely things he needs to work on, I think we all knew that with him going into his first season as the starter. 

But how many 1st and 20's or 2nd and 17's have we had lol. There is zero running game, ZERO. And then you have ST making costly errors that cost us valuable field position. It's pretty messy all around. 

9 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think most were ready to move on.  Myers is a below-average to average center.  And Runyan is going to get more expensive this offseason.

1 hour ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Ya, let me preface this by saying there are absolutely things he needs to work on, I think we all knew that with him going into his first season as the starter. 

But how many 1st and 20's or 2nd and 17's have we had lol. There is zero running game, ZERO. And then you have ST making costly errors that cost us valuable field position. It's pretty messy all around. 

I'll say it again.  It was outrageous that MLF never handed the ball off to our best back - Jones - until the second half of the game!  Had we even tried to run the ball with any kind of success early perhaps Detroit would not have pinned their ears back and made Love's night a nightmare.  

• Like 1