Preseason, Week 3: VIKINGS (0-2) vs. Cardinals (1-1)

swede700

Not sure I get the hate on Reagor, he looked much improved this pre-season and is still only 24 (turns 25 on 1/2). 

A reminder of the conditions of the 2024 pick (4th or 5th).

Reagor must reach one of these three stats:

• 40 receptions
  • 500 receiving yards
  • 5 TDs

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/17/vikings-eagles-jalen-reagor-trade-conditions/

Reagor played today while Powell did not. Read into that what you will.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Not sure I get the hate on Reagor, he looked much improved this pre-season and is still only 24 (turns 25 on 1/2). 

A reminder of the conditions of the 2024 pick (4th or 5th).

Reagor must reach one of these three stats:

• 40 receptions
  • 500 receiving yards
  • 5 TDs

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/17/vikings-eagles-jalen-reagor-trade-conditions/

Reagor played today while Powell did not. Read into that what you will.

Would you keep him as the 5th receiver?

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Would you keep him as the 5th receiver?

I’m thinking Powell gets the nod as WR5.

If they keep 6 I can see the logic in Reagor or T. Jackson. 

Reagor very well could be safe based on his dead cap number and not wanting to give Philly a “free” pick. 

• Like 1

Reagor has looked a lot better so far this year. He's still likely not going to amount to anything more than a #3 WR on a team, but that's a far sight better than what he's looked like up to this season.  I'd have no problem with keeping him around as a fifth or sixth receiver. I'd also have no problem cutting him. I'd feel differently if he was an elite punt returner. But he hasn't shown much of anything there.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 12:28 PM, Ozzy said:

Vikings should have kept Ihmir Smith-Marsette.  He is playing very well for the Chiefs this preseason

The Panthers announced that they have acquired Smith-Marsette in a trade with the Chiefs. The teams exchanged conditional seventh-round picks as part of the deal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chiefs-trade-wr-ihmir-smith-marsette-to-panthers

he's playing so well for the Chiefs they traded him for a 7th round pick.

Edited by vike daddy

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Ihmir Smith-Marsette is just talented enough to keep teams intrigued, but not talented enough for teams to keep around. 

Agreed.  He was behind way too many receivers in KC.  He'll have an opportunity in Carolina...at least he gets to reunite with Thielen.   Somewhat ironically, it's also his birthday today, so maybe that was Veach's present for him. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

Agreed.  He was behind way too many receivers in KC.  He'll have an opportunity in Carolina...at least he gets to reunite with Thielen. 

ISM is a guy who should have truly committed himself to special teams. A talented enough receiver to be a team’s WR4 or WR5 and see the field for a handful of plays on offense, but if he won’t/can’t play on coverage units, those handful of plays aren’t worth rostering him.