Week 14 GDT: San Francisco Niners vs Houston Texans

Texansfan713

Not sure why the fact that we LOST 3 winnable games due to coaching mistakes WITH Deshaun is being left out of the dialogue.  Basically, Deshaun improvised his way out of the horrible O'Brien offense and made everything else look good, but when it came down to it we still went 3-4 in games with Watson. League is going to adjust to Watson next year and nothing I've seen with O'Brien suggests he'll be able to make counter adjustments.  I mean we did run the ball with Miller up the middle on 3rd and 1 then get blown up on 4th and 1 up the gut for like the 15th time in O'Brien's tenure.  Roster is still the biggest issue as Lombardi himself would top out at 7-9 with this o-line and secondary, but Bill's gotta go too.

5 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

The only upside I see is our schedule next year based on our record this year

Rams< Jets, Jags, & Eagles used it well this year 

Except, we're looking at 1-5 in our own division and haven't won a road game outside our division other than the Bengals and pre-Carr Raiders in O'Brien's 4 years.  Too bad we're not in the SEC and don't have to play out of conference road games, bye weeks before the 2 good division opponents, and FCS games while other conferences are playing their 9th conference game.  Maybe A&M will pay him $5 million to coach TEs next year and buy him out of final year.

54 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

I think Indy's still winnable, but Jacksonville and Pittsburgh are gonna murder us.

If, y'know, anybody's left standing to play the next couple games...

colts probably will play hard week 17 for chuck pagano.  we couldnt even beat them at home. 

2 hours ago, Longhorns90 said:

I think Indy's still winnable, but Jacksonville and Pittsburgh are gonna murder us.

If, y'know, anybody's left standing to play the next couple games...

My vote is that we just go full on Syracuse Bulldogs vs. Charlestown Chiefs for the rest of the season as I despise all 3 (Jags, Steelers, Colts).  Bring back the Ninja Assassin one more time as our Ogie Olglethorpe to captain a goon squad.  Get Fat Albert Haynesworth out there next to him for a curb stomping or two before sitting out the rest of the game because he's tired.  Add a Jared Allen appreciation dinner for attempting to end Schaub's career with two straight helmets to the knee after Haynesworths two previous cheap shots only cost him 1/2 seasons. Put Romanowski out there with Cushing after sharing some needles and maybe Jason Babin since he was a Texans bust before becoming a giant slab of HGH fed beef in Philly.  Shawn Merriman could complete the roid cycle, but just because those harmless roids already killed Alzado and Matuszak. Just let Rodney Harrison and Brian Dawkins man the entire secondary for a reminder of the good old days when helmet to helmet hits made top highlights every week.  Check that, gotta bring back Bernard Pollard for 5 or 6 late hits after critical 3rd down stops and really Ronnie Lott has to come back, just cuz having your pinkie amputated to avoid getting put on IR might just be the thing to permanently close the cushy Texans IR resort.

Erik Winston is still the biggest human I've ever met in person, but despite being a nice guy off the field, is about the only Texans o-lineman who ever had a mean streak so he captains the offense.  Bring that evil pig Schlereth out of the booth for some cut blocks and to pee on the NRG turf and Rick Smith's towels.   Kevin Mawae is probably still better than XSF and definitely tougher.   Steve Wisniewski was always good for an eye gouging, so he's our Dr. Hook McKracken.  Matt Slausen is probably not remembered by many, but I suspect Cushing might need a few more shots of his happy roids. 

Skill positions are tough, but bring AJ back and line up Finnegan next to him just for grins.  Hines Ward gets the slot work because he once knocked Ed Reed out cold with a block.  Fullback goes to Jameel Cook, not because he was particularly tough, but to remind people that relaxing with a joint gets you fired from this team, but taking the right drugs gets you 2 of the biggest contracts in team history.   Running back is surprisingly tough to fill since Earl Campbell can't walk anymore because of Wade Phillips dad, but Jim Brown still looks scary at 81 and Tarantino might get inspired to make an NFL blaxploitation film about the 2017 season.  QB is even tougher, but we still gotta sell some tickets to this thing so set Johnny Football up with Ags benefactor and Tony "Above the Law" Buzbee picking up the coke tab (cue Johnny making snow angels in Buffalo meme's).

Heck, lets even give that roided up punter we had a call for kickoffs (and for suing McNair), but we ain't rostering a kicker.  Gotta bring back that dog killing pregnant wife choking kick returner Jerome Mathis.

I'd bring back Jeff "but I'm on the competition committee" Fisher to coach, but I'm afraid McNair might just hire him since he fits the profile of guy who keeps his job way too long despite mediocre results, reputation built on nothing but unearned longevity, and league office connections.  Rex Ryan would be a fit as a connection to the greatest moment in Oilers history (when his dad punched Gilbride on the sideline), but with the pending Fido/Savage lawsuits we probably can't afford to feed him and his brother.  That leaves Gregg Williams because a 13-31 career Head Coaching record with a history of placing bounties on heads is exactly what I'm looking for.  Kickstarter campaign???

Archived