2023 Packer Cut tracker

Old Guy

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I could be wrong, but aren't we able to keep Kenny Odumegwu on the team for free?  He is listed as being cut.  Did we just drop him because he is that bad? Do we have to cut him, then get a roster exemption? Was the exemption only for training camp and preseason?

I have same questions.  

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I could be wrong, but aren't we able to keep Kenny Odumegwu on the team for free?  He is listed as being cut.  Did we just drop him because he is that bad? Do we have to cut him, then get a roster exemption? Was the exemption only for training camp and preseason?

I think it's an extra practice squad spot, not 53-man roster

• Like 2

I wonder who would've been cut had Tyler Davis not got injured. In fact two players would need to be cut in order to fit both Orzech and Davis on the roster.

Newman? Carpenter? Hollins?

Would we even have attempted to keep Tenuta considering the glut of other OT on the roster.

Edited by Chili

3 hours ago, Chili said:

I wonder who would've been cut had Tyler Davis not got injured. In fact two players would need to be cut in order to fit both Orzech and Davis on the roster.

Would we even have attempted to keep Tenuta considering the glut of other OT on the roster.

Because he's everybody's favorite whipping boy now that Hanson is gone, I'd go with Newman. The second one is Tenuta going to IR after Orzech is brought back. Tenuta had to be on the 53 man roster in order to be put on IR and be able to return this year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chili said:

In my eyes, it is either Wilson and/or Owens.  You have a non-teams, third RB and a safety that you would like to keep, but doesn't break your heart if you lose.  If Davis is not injured, it is possible that Deguara is gone, but I think he has a role on the team and we will ride with him until his contract expires.  If Tenuta is not injured, I think it is probably Newman on the chopping block.