2023 Packer Cut tracker

Old Guy

Daire Carragher
@DaireCarragher
With an average roster age of 24.9 years old, the 2023 Packers are the youngest NFL roster in the last six years!*

(the last team to be younger was the 2017 browns who went 0-16…)

Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde

The average age of the 53 players currently on the #Packers roster is 24.98 years old. Broken down by age:

31 — 1
30 — 2
29 — 2
28 — 4
27 — 4
26 — 6
25 — 8
24 — 9
23 — 10
22 — 6
21 — 1

11 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:
Daire Carragher
@DaireCarragher
With an average roster age of 24.9 years old, the 2023 Packers are the youngest NFL roster in the last six years!*

(the last team to be younger was the 2017 browns who went 0-16…)

Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde

The average age of the 53 players currently on the #Packers roster is 24.98 years old. Broken down by age:

31 — 1
30 — 2
29 — 2
28 — 4
27 — 4
26 — 6
25 — 8
24 — 9
23 — 10
22 — 6
21 — 1

My apologies if this has been pointed out, but this is partly because I believe the entire 11-player 2022 draft class made the team.

That and the fact the only two of the 13 2023 draft picks they cut were beaten out for roster spots by undrafted free agents.

It's still astounding, however, that their rookie backup QB actually brings up the average age.

51 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Who do you cut to keep QB3 on the 53?  We have a lot of young guys we want to develop so I think it's Mr. McGough to the PS this year.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.  I mean, it's possible to go with 3 and still have a decent roster depth like we did in 2008.  Problem is McGough is just ok.  Didn't get many opportunities unfortunately, and did ok in this last preseason game.  But he's no Matt Flynn, and I am perfectly fine with him on the PR and Clifford at No. 2.

And yeah people keep on floating out this ridiculous sign a veteran backup QB nonsense.  Well ok, not ridiculous maybe but definitely way overvalued.  Love already got about as much advice (and still gets some btw) and otj training from one of the best in the business already in Rodgers, and a guy like (fill in the blank) just coming in here will do nothing for him.

• Like 3

Not a fan of only having 4 CBs on the roster. I hope Stokes is good to go after week 4. Thinking Ballentine is going to the practice squad and may get called up a couple of games early to the active roster. 

Edited by Old Guy

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I think extremely minimal chance either got claimed. 

Wilson was the leader rusher in preseason, some team would nab him for a 4th RB.

Some teams like the Dolphins are keeping 5 RBs and probably signing J.Taylor too...

Edited by fattlipp

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not a fan of only having 4 CBs on the roster. I hope Stokes is good to go after week 4. Thinking Ballentine is going to the practice squad and may get called up a couple of games early to the active roster. 

Doubt they will stay at 4 CB's for very long.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

They have some other options too. Savage has played some slot corner. AJJ played corner before switching to safety in 2022. The optimist is me says they must know Stokes won't be out more than 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Wilson was the leader rusher in preseason, some team would nab him for a 4th RB.

Some teams like the Dolphins are keeping 5 RBs and probably signing J.Taylor too...

Maybe. Lots of RBs out there including proven vets that will now swallow their pride and take a paycut. I like Wilson, though. Hope he picks up on passpro and ST that kept Taylor on deck. He might just have some extra spice to add to our ground game. 

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Feels more like Week 7 as a realistic target, unless they really want to just ease him into it.  The Packers have a BYE in Week 6, so suiting up for Week 5 just seems odd to me.

5 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

🤣🤣  Wilson reminds me of the old Baltimore RB Jamal Lewis.  Big guy, could get outside, #31,  Probably not the last time I'll call him Lewis.  Hopefully, he can develop into something even remotely close. He was a beast.

You mean like a super homeless man's version, right?

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Feels more like Week 7 as a realistic target, unless they really want to just ease him into it.  The Packers have a BYE in Week 6, so suiting up for Week 5 just seems odd to me.

I didn't take the buy into consideration when I posted that. Makes sense not to play him one game, then the buy. I just don't like where we stand presently at CB. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Don't forget that teams have a lot more flexibility these days with the PS then in past years. Packers could add a few CBs to the PS and elevate one or more guys for the first few weeks.