2023 Packer Cut tracker

Old Guy

Im wondering who our Gunners/Jammers this year.

Traditionally those roles are fufilled by DBs.

Ford is likely starting at safety so will play reduced snaps on ST.

Ballentine, Jean-Charles and Gaines has been cut.

Douglas will be starting.

So we're looking at a starting group of Valentine, Heath, Owens, Toure. They are not names I have often seen on training camp reports with regards to Gunner/Jammer duties. Don't know if DuBose or Wicks can do it.

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

Im wondering who our Gunners/Jammers this year.

Traditionally those roles are fufilled by DBs.

Ford is likely starting at safety so will play reduced snaps on ST.

Ballentine, Jean-Charles and Gaines has been cut.

Douglas will be starting.

So we're looking at a starting group of Valentine, Heath, Owens, Toure. They are not names I have often seen on training camp reports with regards to Gunner/Jammer duties. Don't know if DuBose or Wicks can do it.

Out of that group, Valentine and Owens would be my guess.

38 minutes ago, Chili said:

Woah! thought he was a lock due to special teams.

Either Elijah Hamilton is making the roster or we're bringing someone new into our corner group. Right now we have just 3 corners, 4 if you count Nixon.

In normal years the Packers would stock about 5/6 corners.

We are keeping a lot of safeties.  None of which could possibly be as bad as Savage was last year.

Maybe they think that Savage can play corner (slot) if we need to, until Stokes gets back to round out that room.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sources confirm 4 CB's, Stokes to PUP.

So 9 total DB's way under prior years. Going to see greater than normal at some other spots. Especially if 3 TE's. 

I would expect a change or two through waivers. Maybe not though. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

We are keeping a lot of safeties.  None of which could possibly be as bad as Savage was last year.

Maybe they think that Savage can play corner (slot) if we need to, until Stokes gets back to round out that room.

I disagree on "alot of safeties". You got three in Savage, Ford and Owens. Leavitt is not really a safety he's a ST only guy, He to us is like Nate Ebner to the Patriots, he has the safety title but doesn't actually play the position..

There's no word on Anthony Johnson. He would certainly fill out the group but for now on paper its just 3 safeties and 4 corners. Just 7 viable defensive backs on the roster right now.  Even if you add Johnson eight DB is still on the very light side, we normally stock about 9 or 10.

I can totally see Savage playing slot corner if we need him to.

13 minutes ago, Chili said:

With few TEs and few DBs we might see 4 RBs or 5 LBs.

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sources confirm 4 CB's, Stokes to PUP.

So 9 total DB's way under prior years. Going to see greater than normal at some other spots. Especially if 3 TE's. 

For STs purposes, doesn't Tariq Carpenter play the same role, whether he is a LB or a S?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

I disagree on "alot of safeties". You got three in Savage, Ford and Owens. Leavitt is not really a safety he's a ST only guy, He to us is like Nate Ebner to the Patriots, he has the safety title but doesn't actually play the position..

There's no word on Anthony Johnson. He would certainly fill out the group but for now on paper its just 3 safeties and 4 corners. Just 7 viable defensive backs on the roster right now.  Even if you add Johnson eight DB is still on the very light side, we normally stock about 9 or 10.

I can totally see Savage playing slot corner if we need him to.

I hope we see Savage in the slot.  I think it is his best position.

AJJ could line up at safety and not possibly be any worse than Savage was last season.