2023 Packer Cut tracker

Old Guy

3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Heath and Cox retained. Everyone take a deep breath and enjoy the rest of your day. 

I honestly never thought Heath was in question. I had others making me believe Cox might be an issue. Glad we kept them both. We need a couple of dudes who have a bit of nasty in them. 

Edited by Old Guy

23 minutes ago, R T said:

No GM in his right mind would cut his own Cox.

Sorry, but someone had to do it. 

21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How long you been saving that one? 

BTW, a number of guys are cutting off their Cox nowadays. It seems to be a rather idiotic trend.

Head-slap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

42 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Thank you, Baby Jesus! That was the one guy at the back end of our roster I didn't want to see cut. 

No offense meant to anyone, but I have no idea how anyone thought he might not make it. I saw debates here kinda and then on a podcast I think. It's like no, he's on the 53 c'mon 

Edited by Norm

6 minutes ago, craig said:

From what I've seen here, the "biggest surprise" has been O'Donnell.  From today's, perhaps the only cuts who had a chance were Innis Gaines and Shemar.  

We'll see how the remaining ones roll.  

I never saw "it" from Gaines, though I thought he was a decent special teamer.  SJC?  Loved him coming out, but man, he just didn't have "it" either.  Too bad.  

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I never saw "it" from Gaines, though I thought he was a decent special teamer.  SJC?  Loved him coming out, but man, he just didn't have "it" either.  Too bad.  

SJC never had it athletically. That was always a headscratcher for me. 

Woah! thought he was a lock due to special teams.

Either Elijah Hamilton is making the roster or we're bringing someone new into our corner group. Right now we have just 3 corners, 4 if you count Nixon.

In normal years the Packers would stock about 5/6 corners.

Edited by Chili

Just now, Old Guy said:

I'm guessing this is the time when teams are exploring if any of the guys just outside the top 53 have any trade value. Likely not, but I'm sure GMs are going to be on their phones for another 90 minutes. 

Sometimes there were trades during the tiered cutdowns of the past that just felt like “We love this young man. We’ll trade him to you for your guy so we don’t have  to cut him ourself.”

The agents must be crazy busy also right now.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Woah! thought he was a lock due to special teams.

Either Elijah Hamilton is making the roster or we're bringing someone new into our corner group. Right now we have just 3 corners, 4 if you count Nixon.

In normal years the Packers would stock about 5/6 corners.

Had to happen. Can’t have a Valentine and a Ballentine

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

No offense meant to anyone, but I have no idea how anyone thought he might not make it. I saw debates here kinda and then on a podcast I think. It's like no, he's on the 53 c'mon 

By the 3rd game it was inevitable. Still see healthy scratch/red shirt. I'm obviously not upset he made it, I just don't think he consistently works against starters.

Think "he was a third round talent" is just overhype. But he's got a good get off and hustles, could do worse.