2023 Packer Cut tracker

Old Guy

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The Irishman it is.

Ha, that's wild! I thin this is the first time one of my countrymen has made a 53, and it's with Green Bay at that! 

It's such an odd position too. Place kicker would seem a natural fit if he has a rugby background, and but punting as we know it isn't really a transfer for any sports played here, be it Gaelic football, rugby or soccer. And rugby isn't particularly big in Wicklow where he is from (immediately south of Dublin). 

The good news with him being one of them odd mountainy Wicklowmen is wind shouldn't even factor for him, my fiancee is Canadian and even after 3 years here is constantly bewildered by how the swirling wind is consistently coming at her from three different directions at once. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I just hope his leg doesn't shatter like an icicle when the weather turns cold. I remember JK Scott with some booming punts in warm weather.

We don't get the raw cold that they do over in GB, but I will tell you now that at mid 30s, soaking wet enough to be living inside an actual puddle, and blustering winds from all angles, the man will be right in his element. 

I'd honestly be more concerned about a September game in the Southern states. We might call on him for a punt only to find a melted puddle of goop that once was him, lying under his jersey. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Ha, that's wild! I thin this is the first time one of my countrymen has made a 53, and it's with Green Bay at that! 

It's such an odd position too. Place kicker would seem a natural fit if he has a rugby background, and but punting as we know it isn't really a transfer for any sports played here, be it Gaelic football, rugby or soccer. And rugby isn't particularly big in Wicklow where he is from (immediately south of Dublin). 

The good news with him being one of them odd mountainy Wicklowmen is wind shouldn't even factor for him, my fiancee is Canadian and even after 3 years here is constantly bewildered by how the swirling wind is consistently coming at her from three different directions at once. 

Lol what? he was born and raised in Palm Beach, FL

Edit: I am an idiot. Thought for sure you were talking about O'Donnell haha

Edited by Lodestar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

Wonder if O’Donnell saw the writing on the wall and asked to be released a day early if he was to be released.  Why else would they only release one guy today?

Probably the Packers "doing right" to the veteran.

• Like 1

Not sure of the source of this:

initial cuts
DE Ladarius Hamilton

QB Danny Etling

WR Jeff Cotton (injured)

G Chuck Filiaga (signed by Saints)

TE Camren McDonald (signed by Rams)

OL Jake Hanson

P Pat O'Donnell

Edited by Brat&Beer

7 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Not sure of the source of this:

initial cuts
DE Ladarius Hamilton

QB Danny Etling

WR Jeff Cotton (injured)

G Chuck Filiaga (signed by Saints)

TE Camren McDonald (signed by Rams)

OL Jake Hanson

P Pat O'Donnell

O'Donnell is the only new one .. those others were cut during camp. 

• Like 1

Bring back Mason Crossbar! He lives across the street. He has more points than my mom has pig points at Piggly Wiggly. His grey hair will confuse his young team mates. He can tackle! Logic works if you use it correctly.

Or and this appeals to me more than I thought; never kick or punt. Never. except beginning of the two halves.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, svp said:

Bring back Mason Crossbar! He lives across the street. He has more points than my mom has pig points at Piggly Wiggly. His grey hair will confuse his young team mates. He can tackle! Logic works if you use it correctly.

Or and this appeals to me more than I thought; never kick or punt. Never. except beginning of the two halves.

I know you're (mostly) joking but the new kickoff rules favor the old legs a bit.  Any fair catch is advanced to the 25 so guys don't have to kick it out of the end zone, or even into the endzone every time.  I'm sure there will still be plenty of return attempts but an "automatic" 25 will definitely factor into how teams play it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I just hope his leg doesn't shatter like an icicle when the weather turns cold. I remember JK Scott with some booming punts in warm weather.

Bojorquez too, that guy did have a hell of a leg in the warm weather, but yeah he got dinged for failing in weather below 32.  Hence this cut baffles me, feel like it's almost as bad as letting Craig Hentrich and John Ryan both walk ... 2 of the dumber punter management calls this franchise has made over the years.