2023 Packer Cut tracker

Old Guy

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Or this is simply Gute's genius move to prevent people from blaming his draft pick Carlson when he misses a big one in the regular season...."see, it was Whelan's fault for not holding it correctly." 

I see your point, which is somewhat sarcasm I'm sure, but there is replay which would either prove or disprove that assertion. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

maybe bojorquez wasn't that bad of a holderr and it's actually the kicker who misses kicks

2020 Crosby made 100% of his FG's with Scott holding. 

2021 Crosby made 73.5% of his FG's with Bojorquez holding.

2022 Crosby made 86.2% of his FG's with O'Donnell holding. 

Bojorquez sucked at holding. The classic one was when he let go of the ball like a grade schooler afraid that he would get his finger kicked on a missed PAT.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Is this a surprise? 

Moderate.  I think most people that had a guess just went with the devil they know over the one they didn't.  On all the roster predictions I did, I kind of dismissed K, LS, P, and just said they will keep one.  

Skibrett is thinking of Georgio Tavecchio.  I preferred Ramiz Ahmed, but just when he had his chance and Crosby was hurt, Ahmed hurt himself, and Crosby toughed it out and kept going.

yeah, I remember the season and some bad holds.  Kickers are like golfers - superstitious and very temperamental.

They will let one bad hold make them unsure of the process and miss kicks on perfect holds because there are doubts in their head.  This is the problem

Crosby was a bad kicker that season and he had a bad holder. It wasn't just the bad holder

• Like 1

I would have gone with the experience, but as has been said, we’re going young and getting our guys seasoned in all phases. The holding thing seems like it should be something that can be improved but like giving our young QB a solid line, I want our young rookie kicker to have the strongest supporting cast possible to let him worry strictly about his job. Going to keep me from going to the beer fridge during XPs this year. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1