2023 Packer Cut tracker

Old Guy

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone ever notice a holder hitting the ground where he placed the ball after it's been kicked?  I wonder if that is a Whelan thing, or a real holder (coached) thing. 

It seems like a guy who is not sure of himself as a holder. 

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It seems like a guy who is not sure of himself as a holder. 

Or it is like a golfer.  I knew a guy, very good golfer, who would spit after he would put the ball.  He did it to make sure his head was looking down the whole time.  

Not sure how that relates, but it seems odd to have him do that.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Or it is like a golfer.  I knew a guy, very good golfer, who would spit after he would put the ball.  He did it to make sure his head was looking down the whole time.  

Not sure how that relates, but it seems odd to have him do that.

OK, that is just weird. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Incorrect! You need to subtract Whelen's cap number from that to get our real savings. Which I'm sure is the minimum. 

The way I see it, they save half a million. They will have 1.125 million dead cap from O'Donnell's contract. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

I just hope his leg doesn't shatter like an icicle when the weather turns cold. I remember JK Scott with some booming punts in warm weather.

I mean, Whelan played his college ball at UC-Davis where they would have games at Idaho, Montana, and Eastern Washington in November sometimes.  JK Scott played at Alabama where they would never go north of Columbia,MO unless it was a bowl game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, Whelan played his college ball at UC-Davis where they would have games at Idaho, Montana, and Eastern Washington in November sometimes.  JK Scott played at Alabama where they would never go north of Columbia,MO unless it was a bowl game.

Idaho plays inside brah. Kibbie Dome though

8 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Wonder if O’Donnell saw the writing on the wall and asked to be released a day early if he was to be released.  Why else would they only release one guy today?

Makes sense, plus being a vet he doesn't have to go through the waiver claims. He can negotiate with any team he likes. Not sure how many years you have to have for that but he definitely qualifies.