2023 Packer Cut tracker

Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

@ThatJerkDave's guy. He was on him all along as a guy he wanted. 

So, here is my thoughts on Tenuta.  He is huge, just like Jones and Walker.  Last season, we signed him from the Bills PS, and he was activated on game days above Jones and Walker.  I am almost certain that he was listed at guard for a while, so I believe that he has that versatility, even though he is a really tall guard.  I think the staff really likes him.  Whether or not he turns into something is anyone's guess.  He and Jones are really good lottery tickets to at least keep around for next year's camp.  I think the same of Telfort, perhaps he will get a shot on the PS.

16 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I'm super excited for Heath. He popped to me watching somebody else from Ole Miss, don't even know who i was watching but I just kept seeing this other guy. Guy brings something different to the room. 

I'm just super stoked for this season. Should be a lot of fun.

He looks like an NFL WR.

This team is an absolute sleeping Giant. 

GB +2.5 vs CHI week 1 is printing money 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I'm super excited for Heath. He popped to me watching somebody else from Ole Miss, don't even know who i was watching but I just kept seeing this other guy. Guy brings something different to the room. 

I'm just super stoked for this season. Should be a lot of fun.

The guy you were probably watching was WR Jonathan Mingo, Heath's teammate at Ole Miss who was drafted in the 2nd round. Heath actually has a slightly better year than Mingo in 2022, but ran a 4.64 40 at the Combine. Mingo ran a 4.46.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Exactly my point. Stokes was moving around very well in the rehab sessions I saw. Obviously, more goes into the evaluation than that, but still...seems off. 

Gotta make sure Stokes gets back to his old speed.   It's about 90% of his game.  About 10% cover ability.  He can't afford to lose any speed.  Take the time to regain it if that's what it takes.

7 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

The guy you were probably watching was WR Jonathan Mingo, Heath's teammate at Ole Miss who was drafted in the 2nd round. Heath actually has a slightly better year than Mingo in 2022, but ran a 4.64 40 at the Combine. Mingo ran a 4.46.

Oh undoubted it was Mingo. Lol. Loved him too.  Which makes Heath popping off even better. I for sure don't have a photographic memory though.

Malik Shabazz Heath!  He was put on my radar and became my underdog camp favorite when his mental acuity was questioned here. We may not ever read his dissertation, but he's clearly a guy who will fight for everything and seems like a hard worker on and off of the field.  If he ever turns into a legit starter, we found our diamond in the rough.

Cox, also seemed like a guy who made the 53 before game 3 but definitely after.  RG will play soon but at what level and what % of snaps?  Great to have another developmental talent there and even if he just becomes a decent rotation guy, that's huge at a premium position.

Valentine also a premium position.  Hopefully he comes in slowly because we don't have injuries but I think he helps us this season and beyond.  Not a bad end of the roster group to develop in a lean cap year.  On to Chicago!

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Malik Shabazz Heath!  He was put on my radar and became my underdog camp favorite when his mental acuity was questioned here. We may not ever read his dissertation, but he's clearly a guy who will fight for everything and seems like a hard worker on and off of the field.  If he ever turns into a legit starter, we found our diamond in the rough.

Cox, also seemed like a guy who made the 53 before game 3 but definitely after.  RG will play soon but at what level and what % of snaps?  Great to have another developmental talent there and even if he just becomes a decent rotation guy, that's huge at a premium position.

Valentine also a premium position.  Hopefully he comes in slowly because we don't have injuries but I think he helps us this season and beyond.  Not a bad end of the roster group to develop in a lean cap year.  On to Chicago!

Two free agents and a 7th rounder looking like year one contributors. Hats off to our scouting department. You could take it a step further because Brooks and Wooden look like draft steals as well. 

Great job by Gutey's team the past two drafts. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Two free agents and a 7th rounder looking like year one contributors. Hats off to our scouting department. You could take it a step further because Brooks and Wooden look like draft steals as well. 

Great job by Gutey's team the past two drafts. 

We won't truly know til we see them on Sundays but they look like players.  Agreed on the DL, too.  Brooks and Wooden might be  tweeners or they might be super quick and just strong enough for the modern game.  There will be some bumps in the road but this 53 could surprise some people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I'd be interested in seeing if Colt McCoy would come for a 3rd QB.  Might be nice to have a veteran QB in that room

Who do you cut to keep QB3 on the 53?  We have a lot of young guys we want to develop so I think it's Mr. McGough to the PS this year.

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Who do you cut to keep QB3 on the 53?  We have a lot of young guys we want to develop so I think it's Mr. McGough to the PS this year.

1 of the OL

roster is heavy in some places and light in others.  seems like some balancing will take place in the next few days