Browns v Bengals: We’re Ready To Hurt Again

LETSGOBROWNIES

Hoo due eye think will win sense your a genius?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Well? Yes or no

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Mike
    • Don’t be an idiot, it’s mike
    • Ojobo, Davis dt, baker and 60,000,o000 $

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He wasn’t being asked to be a single high safety, something that anyone with half a brain saw while he was at LSU. He was used as a bonus box defender and split safety sideline to sideline rangy hybrid. 

Here is where I have to disagree with you....and no good Brother I am not singling you out LOL. I have been the hugest Delpit fan in here over the years (Greedy Williams too, but that didnt work out so well LOL)....his Jr. at LSU was one of the top 5 College defensive seasons I ever saw in football (Soph year for the Honey Badger, Scooby Wrights Jr year and Charles Woodsen Sr year) Grant Delpit Literally did EVERYTHING for LSU his Jr. hear, he played in the box, he played single high, he played 2 deep and he played in slot....and I watched 4-5 of those LSU games 2018.....

Grant Delpit can literally be one of the top 5 best safeties in the NFL, he's that versatile and instinctual....that pass break up one on one with Tee Higgins...you dont make that play without CRAZY INSTINCTS....

it just took him 2 years to recover from an Achillies injury......its eems like some folks are just starting to notice....near the end of last year, Delpit was playing like one of the top safeties in Football  (105tkls, 4TFL, 4 INT's and 10PD's)...I dont think the year he had last year is really appreciated (especially working for Suck @$$ Joe Woods)...,and he's picked up RIGHT where he left off...

I feel strongly about G.D.P.....(new nickname, you heard it here first LOL)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

and the fact that AB understands this which is why he drafts CBs every year. If there is any position he is going to pay that he learned from PHI, its CB.

OL and CB are 2 position groups you really are gonna struggle to scheme around poor talent.  Opposing teams are gonna find the weak link and attack the hell out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Here is where I have to disagree with you....and no good Brother I am not singling you out LOL. I have been the hugest Delpit fan in here over the years (Greedy Williams too, but that didnt work out so well LOL)....his Jr. at LSU was one of the top 5 College defensive seasons I ever saw in football (Soph year for the Honey Badger, Scooby Wrights Jr year and Charles Woodsen Sr year) Grant Delpit Literally did EVERYTHING for LSU his Jr. hear, he played in the box, he played single high, he played 2 deep and he played in slot....and I watched 4-5 of those LSU games 2018.....

Grant Delpit can literally be one of the top 5 best safeties in the NFL, he's that versatile and instinctual....that pass break up one on one with Tee Higgins...you dont make that play without CRAZY INSTINCTS....

it just took him 2 years to recover from an Achillies injury......its eems like some folks are just starting to notice....near the end of last year, Delpit was playing like one of the top safeties in Football  (105tkls, 4TFL, 4 INT's and 10PD's)...I dont think the year he had last year is really appreciated (especially working for Suck @$$ Joe Woods)...,and he's picked up RIGHT where he left off...

I feel strongly about G.D.P.....(new nickname, you heard it here first LOL)

Let me rephrase:

I am not saying he can’t be a good one, but what I’m saying is that his strengths are that he’s a fantastic hybrid because he’s a great tackler, physical, rangy, and a good blitz guy.

He is physical enough to cover TE and be a backside fit like a WLB, but athletic enough to cover a slot. Putting him solely as a single high takes away from what makes him a great player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

OL and CB are 2 position groups you really are gonna struggle to scheme around poor talent.  Opposing teams are gonna find the weak link and attack the hell out of it.

Yeah and the more I think about it (slightly off topic), the more I think they are going to opt out of Wards contract in 2 years because thats right about the time Emerson is going to want to get paid. They have to be able to pay Newsome and JOK too somehow and thats after 2024/next season.

I feel like they are going to use Ward's money coming off the books in order to do that because his concussions also are not trending for him having a long career into his 30s.

I hope not though, I dont want another Joe Haden situation and it would be awesome to keep all of Ward/Emerson/Newsome/JOK on the team longterm but man....thats a lot of money

Edited by AkronsWitness

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah and the more I think about it (slightly off topic), the more I think they are going to opt out of Wards contract in 2 years because thats right about the time Emerson is going to want to get paid. They have to be able to pay Newsome and JOK too somehow and thats after 2024/next season.

I feel like they are going to use Ward's money coming off the books in order to do that because his concussions also are not trending for him having a long career into his 30s.

I hope not though, I dont want another Joe Haden situation and it would be awesome to keep all of Ward/Emerson/Newsome/JOK on the team longterm but man....thats a lot of money

I’m not letting a great corner walk in order to keep an older great corner. 

MJ Emerson still has some things to prove, but he looked absolutely elite yesterday.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not letting a great corner walk in order to keep an older great corner. 

MJ Emerson still has some things to prove, but he looked absolutely elite yesterday.

Excuse me sir, this is the Browns FF board where rationale and caution get thrown out the window in favor of takes so hot they will burn your mouth just saying them.

Emerson is a walking All Pro, future HOFer and is essentially Richard Sherman if Richard Sherman was capable of playing man coverage without getting away with 5 defensive holding calls per game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Our CB trio reminds me of the Broncos no fly zone CBs. All 3 of them are straight up dawgs who get up in your face.

Yesterday they showed how truly dominant they could be.

That’s a good take, I was going to say our DBs look like Revis and Cromartie good but Newsome is damn near a #1 corner himself, this could be a historically good group.

My favorite part of the last two days. So many talking heads are butt hurt that Burrow made their picks look bad. So they **** on the Browns. 

So glad the Browns dominated the Bengals. If it was close you could kind of believe the Browns got lucky. It was a beat down. 

43 minutes ago, JDD said:

My favorite part of the last two days. So many talking heads are butt hurt that Burrow made their picks look bad. So they **** on the Browns. 

So glad the Browns dominated the Bengals. If it was close you could kind of believe the Browns got lucky. It was a beat down. 

Some of the national media is giving the Browns credit, but some are definitely making excuses for the Bengals like Burrow is hurt, didn't have TC, and played in wet weather.

Well, if he's that hurt then he shouldn't be playing.

He's barely played in preseason in past years and this isn't a new group of players he's playing with. Watson didn't play in about two years and is playing in a new system and had less excuses made for him.

And it's not like our offense didn't have issues with the wet conditions either. But we still managed to score 24 points while the Bengals only scored 3. Which, I might add, was basically gifted to them by the refs by calling a pretty ticky tack PI call.

• Like 1