Trade Advice Thread

NYRaider

PPR league and an owner just offered me Calvin Ridley for Dameon Pierce straight up.

my current WRs are: Chase, Lamb, Puka, Doubs, Joshua Palmer

my current RBs are : Mixon, Rashad White, Pierce, Achane, Gainwell, Roshon Johnson.

im Ok with giving up Pierce, but if I get rid of him my RB depth is very thin. He’s also got DK and Hockenson on his roster. I’m thinking about countering with either Pierce for DK straight up, or Pierce and Kittle for Ridley and a Hockenson.

what are your thoughts on the original offer, and/or my counter ideas?

4 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I like Lockett a lot, so I don’t know if I would’ve done that (also can’t really value IDP as that’s not a league I’m involved in).  

Good on you though for shooting your shot and getting your guy.  I feel like the worst feeling in FF is having a strong conviction on someone and watching others reap the rewards. 

I agree. I really didn't want to part with any of them. I feel like Sutton/Lockett/Moore are decent WR3s or so.

I know its the bears but I just had a bad feeling that Roschon will eventually take the job and I am going to look like a fool for not trading for him...

Part of me did this trade because of Jordan Howard lol. His rookie year, I was offered him for cheap and I wasn't interested since he was still behind two other guys. Fast forward a couple of weeks, he became the starter and a RB1. I would end up trading for him but I paid a higher price for him..... not saying the same will happen with Roschon lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

PPR league and an owner just offered me Calvin Ridley for Dameon Pierce straight up.

my current RBs are : Mixon, Rashad White, Pierce, Achane, Gainwell, Roshon Johnson.

im Ok with giving up Pierce, but if I get rid of him my RB depth is very thin. He’s also got DK and Hockenson on his roster. I’m thinking about countering with either Pierce for DK straight up, or Pierce and Kittle for Ridley and a Hockenson.

In a vacuum I’d much rather have Ridley.  However you don’t really need another wr… 

I do like that combo trade where you get Ridley and Hockenson though 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Aiyuk is a streaky player…. i love him in bestball and DFS, but regular fantasy, not really. I also think Henry is close to washed. He’s pushing 30 years old, that is like 36 for a WR and 47 for a QB. 

I know I shouldn’t be looking at playoffs, but the thing about Henry is his record against the Texans. In his last 5 games against them he’s had 4 games with over 200yds. Guess who he plays twice in my fantasy playoffs?

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

I know I shouldn’t be looking at playoffs, but the thing about Henry is his record against the Texans. In his last 5 games against them he’s had 4 games with over 200yds. Guess who he plays twice in my fantasy playoffs?

DeMeco Ryans is a Run Defense guru 🤷

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

@101Raider Stash Spears instead. Not saying he’ll ever take over, but he’s looked really good when he’s spelled Henry. Henry will also be tradeable (real life) once the Titans are like 2-6. You do have the two games against the Texans, but I’m more intrigued by Week 16 vs Seattle. That Run D is comically bad every year. 

Great advice as I completely agree. I’ve already got him stashed 

Edited by 101Raider

9 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

How easy is it to trade in your league? I'd make that trade and then follow it with another to move one of your receivers. But if your league plays scared, that could be difficult