Trade Advice Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Guy in my dynasty is lusting after Justin Jefferson. Which normally I'd be like "no way"  but my team is thin (but up and coming, I think)....should I trade a possible #1 overall WR (PPR league, there's a .5 multiplier on TE yds as well, otherwise pretty standard)? 

He offers spare parts and picks, but I'm thinking of raiding his taxi squad - probably wanting to ask for 3 of Anthony Richardson, Bijan Robinson, Jordan Addison, or Luke Musgrave. Leaning towards Richardson, Robinson, and Musgrave as I feel they're all potential field-tilters. Addison to me is slightly less valuable but still I like what I've seen. 

Is it 1 or 2 QB?

2QB I’d consider it, in 1QB not so much.  

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

Traded Joe Brrr and Zay Flowers for Justin Fields and Chris Olave.

Now have...

QB: Justin Fields, Geno Smith
RB: Bijan Robinson, Damien Pierce, AJ Dillon, Jaylen Warren
WR: Cooper Kupp*, Chris Olave, Tyler Lockett, Courtland Sutton, Rashod Batemon, Rashid Shaheed
TE: George Kittle, Hayden Hurst
K: Tyler Bass
DST: San Francisco 49ers

Edited by beekay414

On 9/14/2023 at 1:21 PM, 101Raider said:

You didn’t ask, but I like Henry this week. He’s a good TE with a rapport with Jones whom will be playing catchup. Plus their WR room is all in the infirmary along with some super-weird stuff going on behind the scenes with Juju. 

What's going on with juju? I have him in a few places as my bench guy to fill in on byes.. may need to trade him?

On 9/14/2023 at 5:09 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

Guy in my dynasty is lusting after Justin Jefferson. Which normally I'd be like "no way"  but my team is thin (but up and coming, I think)....should I trade a possible #1 overall WR (PPR league, there's a .5 multiplier on TE yds as well, otherwise pretty standard)? 

He offers spare parts and picks, but I'm thinking of raiding his taxi squad - probably wanting to ask for 3 of Anthony Richardson, Bijan Robinson, Jordan Addison, or Luke Musgrave. Leaning towards Richardson, Robinson, and Musgrave as I feel they're all potential field-tilters. Addison to me is slightly less valuable but still I like what I've seen. 

Is it superflex? In dynasty JJ is one of the few guys I probably wouldn't trade, unless it was like a deal you are talking about. I'd need Richardson and Bijan for sure. If you can get an Addison on top that is a big W in my eyes, but really anything on top of ARich/Bijan is a solid return. IF it is SF.. if not, I can't help you  😜

Edited by adamq

3 hours ago, adamq said:

What's going on with juju? I have him in a few places as my bench guy to fill in on byes.. may need to trade him?

NE is pretty tight lipped about stuff and this is no exception. However,  there’s a lot of chatter from “sources” that he’s fallen out of favor with the team.  Seems to be primarily about his health and that his knee is worse than being reported. Whatever is happening , he had way less than expected playing time…  no idea what’s accurate and what’s speculative though tbh. 

Somehow I’m 1-1 in my league but my teams looks like it could be in trouble…

Fields looks like garbage, Garrett Wilson has Garbage throwing to him, Saquan is hurt and Kyle Pitts looks like TE35 on the season. 

I might be overreacting to 2 weeks here but I want to trade Pitts for Sam Laporta straight up. Pitts might be the better player but I love the offense Laporta is in.

My team is 0-2. I'm in a 12 man 0.5 PPR keeper league. I have 4th highest PF and the highest PA by a mile. I'm not panicking yet but I wouldn't be against making some trades (Part of what makes fantasy fun imo). Here's my team:

• Mahomes, Richardson
  • CMC, J Taylor, Brian Robinson, Joshua Kelley, Dalvin Cook, Tyjae Spears
  • Waddle, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, JSN
  • Kincaid, J Johnson
  • Commanders

I'm obviously praying Taylor comes back in a big way. My WRs are pretty meh and banged up. I hate my TEs.

What would you look to do if you were me? Package the likes of Mahomes with someone and try to land a top WR? Make a move for another RB? 

Right now I have bids in for Swift and Ford. Also looking to add Reynolds and/or Hunter Henry for cheap and get rid of Johnson or maybe even Cook.

Thoughts?

Edited by RaidersAreOne

56 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

My team is 0-2. I'm in a 12 man 0.5 PPR keeper league. I have 4th highest PF and the highest PA by a mile. I'm not panicking yet but I wouldn't be against making some trades (Part of what makes fantasy fun imo). Here's my team:

• Mahomes, Richardson
  • CMC, J Taylor, Brian Robinson, Joshua Kelley, Dalvin Cook, Tyjae Spears
  • Waddle, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, JSN
  • Kincaid, J Johnson
  • Commanders

I'm obviously praying Taylor comes back in a big way. My WRs are pretty meh and banged up. I hate my TEs.

What would you look to do if you were me? Package the likes of Mahomes with someone and try to land a top WR? Make a move for another RB? 

Right now I have bids in for Swift and Ford. Also looking to add Reynolds and/or Hunter Henry for cheap and get rid of Johnson or maybe even Cook.

Thoughts?

To be fair, everyone hates their TE's this year unless you have Hockenson or Kelce (or Henry but he is still a FA in some leagues as you mentioned).  I think going for Ford would be the smartest move since I think Gainwell will split reps with Swift and neither will be safe plays each week but if you can get either Swift or Ford, it improves your RBs. 

Reynolds might be a decent pick up as well but he has Williams coming back in a few weeks so may not be a long term answer but Johnson should hopefully be back by then.  Obviously your WRs are the weakest part of your team so I would at least consider offering some deals to upgrade there.  I think I would package Richardson instead of Mahomes because of the injury but also just the history that you know what you will get from Mahomes.  Richardson is garnering a lot of excitement so he and McLaurin or JSN might net you a top WR if a top WR team is hurting at QB.  I would target guys struggling early like Chase, Davante Adams, or Garrett Wilson to try and by low on them without having to give up Mahomes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Fields looks like garbage, Garrett Wilson has Garbage throwing to him, Saquan is hurt and Kyle Pitts looks like TE35 on the season. 

I might be overreacting to 2 weeks here but I want to trade Pitts for Sam Laporta straight up. Pitts might be the better player but I love the offense Laporta is in.

Fields and Wilson should be fine.  You would sell low if you moved either but I think both will be fine.  As I have said to others, I think Fields still ends as a top 7 fantasy QB even if he is one of the worst real QBs in the league.  Wilson was a top 20 QB last year with crap at QB so I expect him to be similar this year.  Not what you paid for, but still not a lost cause. 

The whole Atlanta passing game has been a mess.  I can understand swapping Pitts for Laporta but I would try and get more.  See if someone is still buying the potential and package with a WR/RB to get Laporta and a slight upgrade at WR/RB.  Given you lost Saquan for a few weeks, get Brieda if you can but if not you have to hope the rest of the squad picks up some slack.  

15 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

This is actually how I feel about my team. It currently lacks pop. I'm right in the middle on points scored but closer to the bottom then the top. 

So I took a risk and traded mahomes (superflex league). I actually got fields back. I'm willing to gamble that they start running him to save their own jobs and his schedule is solid. Also got davante and miles sanders (basically just a throw in to replace David Montgomery as my running back depth is very questionable now because jt is on pup, the jets won't run Hall, Pierce has nothing in Houston and Monty got hurt). Had to give up Addison as well, but I was fine with that. I was basically using him in a rotation of comparable receivers

If fields is just a top 10ish QB the rest of the way and Adams does 90% of his typical Adams thing, then this should work for me

29 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Trade Puka Nucua for Drake London and Alvin Kamra? PPR with .5  per carry.

Not sure how badly you need a rb (if this was my team I would as I’m now starting Warren this week…)

if you aren’t desperate, I’d keep Puka.  For at least two more weeks you have a wr putting up elite numbers. If Kupp misses more time the party continues and he’ll still be relevant even if he returns.

I want nothing to do with London, dudes a roster anchor. He’s impossible to drop but you can’t ever play him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Not sure how badly you need a rb (if this was my team I would as I’m now starting Warren this week…)

if you aren’t desperate, I’d keep Puka.  For at least two more weeks you have a wr putting up elite numbers. If Kupp misses more time the party continues and he’ll still be relevant even if he returns.

I want nothing to do with London, dudes a roster anchor. He’s impossible to drop but you can’t ever play him.

lol. Here are my RBs: Breece Hall, Zach Moss, Gus Edwards, Cam FN Akers and Zach Charbonnet.

yeah I don't want anything to do with London either. The only other WR I could ask for is Courtland Sutton.

You nailed it.. Puka should be still be revelent with or without Kupp so its hard to trade him even tho I could use Kamara starting next week.

• Like 1