Trade Advice Thread

NYRaider

16 hours ago, Lionized said:

Just had someone in my league lose both Rodgers and Dobbins do to injury. 

They offered me

Ekeler plus one of Aiyuk/Wilson 

for 

Herbert and Jacobs 

I have Tua at QB plus Mcaffrey and Hall at RB. This is a non superflex league also. 

Normally I would jump on it but I have some concerns with Ekeler and I see that as buying high on Ayuik.  I would typically prefer Wilson but now with Rodgers gone, thats another shot to his value since he was WR22 last year with Wilson compared to his WR10 cost when he had Rodgers.  Its closer than it should be given the names and I would probably still do it but I don't think its the safest trade given Tua's history and the situations of the others. 

Got offered G. Wilson for my Kupp.

This would be for a flex spot in a 0.5 PPR and currently starting Elijah Moore or Zay Jones in that flex spot.

this is a no right?  2nd guessing the odds that Wilson  gets a qb upgrade…

let me know if it’s even close (worth squeezing a small upgrade elsewhere)

Edited by 101Raider

On 9/12/2023 at 7:58 PM, Forge said:

I would. I'm a little nervous about tua health, but in a non superflex you shouldn't have issues finding a replacement if needed

I’d take it. Not sure what your  wr room looks like, but if you need a starter I’d lean Aiyuk.  If it’s for your bench, I’d take Wilson (I really think the Jets bring someone on board over Zach Wilson). 

33 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Got offered G. Wilson for my Kupp.

This would be for a flex spot in a 0.5 PPR and currently starting Elijah Moore or Zay Jones

this is a no right?  2nd guessing the odds that Wilson  gets a qb upgrade…

let me know if it’s even close (worth squeezing a small upgrade elsewhere)

No. I think you're inheriting too much risk this early into Kupps recovery. I still have major reservations about how much he plays this year. 

If you're worried about Wilson being stuck in no man's land where he's basically wide receiver 25 but he's just too talented to sit, I think the option is maybe just taking a haircut in value. Maybe put out feelers on a guy like Smith, or DK, or waddle?

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

No. I think you're inheriting too much risk this early into Kupps recovery. I still have major reservations about how much he plays this year. 

If you're worried about Wilson being stuck in no man's land where he's basically wide receiver 25 but he's just too talented to sit, I think the option is maybe just taking a haircut in value. Maybe put out feelers on a guy like Smith, or DK, or waddle?

Just to clarify, I have Kupp would be getting  Wilson.  Also was offered Hopkins as another option. 

5 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Just to clarify, I have Kupp would be getting  Wilson.  Also was offered Hopkins as another option. 

My bad, you said that and I totally missed. 

I don't hate it. I do think there will be some improvement from Garrett Wilson this year when stuck with Zach Wilson, but I think he's a mid tier wr2? There's going to be days (such as this week), where I think it's fair to sit him. As I said, I mostly just have real, legit concerns about Kupp this year and we are too early in his 4 week IR stint to get a clearer picture. 

I do think that's a reasonable offer and probably the tier you'd be looking at for Kupp, so it's really about your risk and gamble appetite. Obviously if Kupp comes back 100%, you're getting hosed. The other option I'd look at would be someone like tee Higgins. I think that's a reasonable sweet spot of value. I think I'd kick around other options before accepting Wilson, but I don't think the offer is inherently bad. 

Given what your receivers look like, I do think there's some merit to getting contributing players into the fold, but probably less stressing if you're winning

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Streaming. Higbee week one. Deciding between Higbee, ertz, Hunter Henry for week two. Lots of options available, but it's a lot of mediocre talent lol

You didn’t ask, but I like Henry this week. He’s a good TE with a rapport with Jones whom will be playing catchup. Plus their WR room is all in the infirmary along with some super-weird stuff going on behind the scenes with Juju. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

You didn’t ask, but I like Henry this week. He’s a good TE with a rapport with Jones whom will be playing catchup. Plus their WR room is all in the infirmary along with some super-weird stuff going on behind the scenes with Juju. 

That's currently who I have in the lineup. I'm a little concerned they keep him in to block given the offensive line injuries, but they are also going to have to pass quite a bit because of who they are playing.

On 9/13/2023 at 12:17 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Normally I would jump on it but I have some concerns with Ekeler and I see that as buying high on Ayuik.  I would typically prefer Wilson but now with Rodgers gone, thats another shot to his value since he was WR22 last year with Wilson compared to his WR10 cost when he had Rodgers.  Its closer than it should be given the names and I would probably still do it but I don't think its the safest trade given Tua's history and the situations of the others. 

I needed up ultimately pulling the trigger. 

Herbert and Jacobs 

for 

Ekeler and Aiyuk 

I picked up Love for my backup QB to replace my backup. 

• Like 1

12 team PPR

Guy offered me Ekeler and Garrett Wilson for my Justin Jefferson and Jaylen Warren.  

Guy has been slowly upping the offers (originally was Aaron Jones instead of Ekeler).  Still pretty unsure.  My RBs are pretty meh (Josh Jacobs, Dameon Pierce, Herbert, Perine, aforementioned Warren) so it would be a boost there, but it’d leave me pretty thin at WR.  My other wideouts are Christian Watson and Jeudy who are both out, Mclaurin and Mike Williams who are nursing injuries, and Elijah Moore who is still a question mark.

Guy in my dynasty is lusting after Justin Jefferson. Which normally I'd be like "no way"  but my team is thin (but up and coming, I think)....should I trade a possible #1 overall WR (PPR league, there's a .5 multiplier on TE yds as well, otherwise pretty standard)? 

He offers spare parts and picks, but I'm thinking of raiding his taxi squad - probably wanting to ask for 3 of Anthony Richardson, Bijan Robinson, Jordan Addison, or Luke Musgrave. Leaning towards Richardson, Robinson, and Musgrave as I feel they're all potential field-tilters. Addison to me is slightly less valuable but still I like what I've seen. 

3 hours ago, Jetzger said:

12 team PPR

Guy offered me Ekeler and Garrett Wilson for my Justin Jefferson and Jaylen Warren.  

Guy has been slowly upping the offers (originally was Aaron Jones instead of Ekeler).  Still pretty unsure.  My RBs are pretty meh (Josh Jacobs, Dameon Pierce, Herbert, Perine, aforementioned Warren) so it would be a boost there, but it’d leave me pretty thin at WR.  My other wideouts are Christian Watson and Jeudy who are both out, Mclaurin and Mike Williams who are nursing injuries, and Elijah Moore who is still a question mark.

I wouldn’t give up JJ for anything less than a king’s ransom.