On 8/31/2023 at 9:02 AM, NYRaider said:

I currently have: 

Chase / Kupp / Adams / Watson/ Hollywood

someone offered me Waddle / Higgins for chase 

Should I do it? 

would leave me with 

Kupp / Adams / Waddle / Higgins / Watson plus Hollywood off the bench 

I'd say no to that deal.

I agree with Sllim, you have good depth at WR already so there is no reason to get rid of a top end WR talent for more depth.

12 hours ago, adamq said:

PPR would lean most people to Stevenson, but I just don't trust NE backs. I think Houston will lean on Pierce this year and he could rack up a lot of TDs

5 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I take Pierce between the two. 

5 hours ago, AFF said:

I think Stevenson has a higher floor.

Pierce might have a little more td upside and I wanna see if they continue using him on 3rd downs like they did in preseason.

Interesting. 

Honestly, I'm really concerned that the Houston offense is just going to be bad lol. I feel like the New England offense will be solid and I do think  that Stevenson will get a ton of check down receptions from Mac. Its just so hard for me to see an avenue for a top 10 RB season from Pierce but I think if Stevenson is a clear 1A in that backfield, he definitely could finish as a top 12 RB. 

But then again, trusting NE running backs....yikes 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is the biggest issue with me.  I absolutely can envision a scenario where Stevenson fumbles the ball and he finds himself sitting the bench for 2 games. On top of that, Stevenson was incredibly inefficient on goal line touches. Zeke was/is one of the best in that capacity so I don’t see a world where Stevenson is getting those opportunities.

For me these two things simultaneously cap Stevensons upside while still making him a higher risk pick. 

Pierce appears to have an absolutely secure workload and yet still has upside in what appears to be larger pass game usage this season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting. 

Honestly, I'm really concerned that the Houston offense is just going to be bad lol. I feel like the New England offense will be solid and I do think  that Stevenson will get a ton of check down receptions from Mac. Its just so hard for me to see an avenue for a top 10 RB season from Pierce but I think if Stevenson is a clear 1A in that backfield, he definitely could finish as a top 12 RB. 

I’m higher on these 2 RBs than most.

Texans should be OKish long as the OL gets heathy…if he gets the majority of 3rd down work, that’ll give him a higher floor.

Stevenson has been going late 2nd/early 3rd in 12 team full ppr drafts as of late…Pierce usually in the 4th, occasionally early 5th.

Maybe let that be your tiebreaker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Working to see how much I have to add to David Montgomery to end up with Stevenson

I think I’ll be in the minority , but unless it’s full ppr, I’m probably not giving up too much more. 

RBs on bad offenses are generally not a good bet. 

Zeke steals goal line work

I think NE plays from behind a lot.

Montgomery has a chance to score 10 plus times

good overall offense, great line

Playing a weak division for run defense.

200 carries is likely.

I wouldn’t give anything significant more. 

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think I’ll be in the minority , but unless it’s full ppr, I’m probably not giving up too much more. 

RBs on bad offenses are generally not a good bet. 

Zeke steals goal line work

I think NE plays from behind a lot.

Montgomery has a chance to score 10 plus times

good overall offense, great line

Playing a weak division for run defense.

200 carries is likely.

I wouldn’t give anything significant more. 

It's full ppr.

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Fair enough. I’m really high on Montgomery this year . I think he has a high floor and ceiling. 

It's a bit of a gamble, but I feel like the hype on Monty is maybe a little too high, and the fear on Stevenson (with regards to someone like Zeke being in New England) is maybe a little over stated. 

I do really like Monty as a rb3, low end RB 2, but without injury, I think he's a little capped. He's better than Williams, but don't think he'll get the TD carries. It's very unlikely he's leading the league in that category imo. 

But in ppr, Stevenson can be a low end rb1 even if he's not getting the goal line work, and I think fantasy owners are forgetting that. The scariest thing is Bill. Stevenson does have a history of fumbling lol. 

I'm also hoping that I could then talk someone into buying Stevenson for a higher wide receiver lol

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's a bit of a gamble, but I feel like the hype on Monty is maybe a little too high, and the fear on Stevenson (with regards to someone like Zeke being in New England) is maybe a little over stated. 

I do really like Monty as a rb3, low end RB 2, but without injury, I think he's a little capped. He's better than Williams, but don't think he'll get the TD carries. It's very unlikely he's leading the league in that category imo. 

But in ppr, Stevenson can be a low end rb1 even if he's not getting the goal line work, and I think fantasy owners are forgetting that. The scariest thing is Bill. Stevenson does have a history of fumbling lol. 

I'm also hoping that I could then talk someone into buying Stevenson for a higher wide receiver lol

That’s interesting. I’m real confident in that. 

Listening to some podcasts, Montgomery’s advanced stats were pretty darn good. He’s playing with the best offense and line, by far. 

Honestly, I was ok getting Gibbs and Montgomery. I think Gibbs is going to be a 60 catch , big play weapon and Montgomery to score 10 times with volume . 

I do like the idea of potentially flipping Rhomondre. NE opens with Philly, Mia, @NYJ and @Dallas

I can see them being down and he getting a lot of catches the first 4 weeks

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s interesting. I’m real confident in that. 

Williams had 28 carries inside the 5 last year. Nobody else in the league had more than 20. He has 41 carries inside the 10 which also led the league. These are outlier numbers, tbh. 

Williams had 260 carries. I think there's no guarantee that Monty hits 200. There were less than 430 carries by primary backs from Detroit last year. That's 60% of the carries. I think that will lower. Which means I don't think Monty rushes for nearly 1100 yards either. I think he could be closer to 900. 

I think that's why @Sllim Pickens is a little soft on Monty? 

It really comes down to how active in the receiving game Monty is. 900 yards with 10 TDS would be a good season. But if you did that to Williams last year, he moves from about rb13 to like RB 27. It's a big drop. 

On 9/1/2023 at 7:20 PM, Forge said:

He countered asking Pollard for Stevenson. I think we can put these trade negotiations to bed

Would Aaron Jones give you what you wanted out of Rhamondre? With the current Dillon hype, you might be able to get a small plus on top of Jones for Monty

• Like 1