Week 14 GDT: Wentzlvania Tuddy Lovers (10-2) @ Los Angeles Kroenkes (9-3)

6 hours ago, BAConrad said:

People slobber over Jared Goff but I really find it ridiculous when anyone tries to say he's better than or even as good as Carson is right now at this point in their careers.

Goff has had it almost as easy as Dak did last year. Except Goff actually has a good coach and not The Clapper, and a trio of very good receivers.

The guy has been good this year, and his arm talent has always been there. But I just feel like he needs a clean pocket every time in order to have success, and that if you pressure him, he gets happy feet and doesn't really have that much ability to avoid defenders and make plays after things break down. 

He's been incredibly beneficial of a great offensive scheme, an excellent OL that's also happened to been completely healthy all season long, and receivers who can get open. Oh and Todd Gurley. When Gurley is in, it puts fear in the defense and they key in on him. 

Our run game has been great this season. Top 3. But we don't have a RB like Gurley who takes pressure off his QB. No defense "fears" any of our RBs, though talented as they can be. Plus, Carson is a significant reason why our run game is so good. Hell, he's led us in rushing in multiple games, and IIRC they were both wins. 

It sounds cliche, but the key to this game really is getting to Goff. Which I think we can do. St. Louis' OL is excellent, but their right side isn't nearly as good as the left, and that's where B-Rex will feast. I expect him to have 2 sacks and multiple TFL tomorrow. Goff isn't going to be able to Techmo his way out of our pass rush by running around like he's a 15 year old playing QB in a flag football game against a bunch of 10 year olds (basically what RW did, and it still pisses me off when I think about it). We start getting hits on him, sack him a few times, get in his face, he'll start looking more and more like 2016 Goff. 

Garbage analysis. "OMG, everything that goes right for the Eagles offense is because of Wentz, and everything that goes right for the Rams offense is because of the talent and scheme around Goff."

Could you be any bigger of a homer? You can give credit where it's due to Goff, the Rams, and the Eagles without undermining Wentz. There are certainly arguments that favor Wentz being the better QB at this point in time even without you pulling crap like this. Wentz has a strong group of weapons, Wentz has a strong running game, and Wentz has a strong OL (even with Peters out). You don't get to sit here and act like Goff is the only guy with a supporting cast.

To the other Eagles fans, good luck. Y'all are a great group of fans. I'm looking forward to one of the best games of the year. We both have bright futures. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other many times in the coming years. It should be a fun game to watch.

I think Goff is a pretty good QB. Keep in mind Goff just turned 23 years old and Wentz is about to turn 25. Wentz was prepping for the Senior Bowl at an equivalent point in his life whilst Goff is prepping for the playoffs. How much of it is McVay? I don't know, but I don't fault Goff for having a good/great HC. He makes good throws every week. He isn't consistently sports center top 10 plays worthy like Wentz or RW, but that's not really his game. I think he'll have a career similar to Rivers (Regular season stats-wise) and his best is definitely still yet to come starting after this week.

9 hours ago, BAConrad said:

I'm going up to Philly to see my grandmother (hopefully) before she dies in January....plan is to try and squeeze a Birds game in during the trip. Maybe just stay longer than my brothers and sisters. 

I'd sell one of my right testes to go to a playoff game at the Linc. I've still never been. Only saw a game once when I was about 7 at the Vet, before I moved to FL.  

But I feel like it'd be pretty damn hard to get tickets.

Sorry man that's tough, hopefully you get to see her

Linc in general is a great atmosphere..but I still hold the "Garcia Era" playoff game against the Giants as the most electric and fun time I've been there.
You can always get tickets...but getting affordable tickets is sometimes tough.
If you don't mind shelling out a little you should be good

If there's a fear I have with this game, it's Blount and Ajayi. Our defense is very inconsistent stopping the run between the tackles. I'm very worried that those guys are going to run it down our throats all game long. Having two 230+ pound HB pounding it up the middle for chunk after chunk will exhaust our defense and keep the offense off the field.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If there's a fear I have with this game, it's Blount and Ajayi. Our defense is very inconsistent stopping the run between the tackles. I'm very worried that those guys are going to run it down our throats all game long. Having two 230+ pound HB pounding it up the middle for chunk after chunk will exhaust our defense and keep the offense off the field.

All 3 RB really. Clement is listed at 220 but is probably heavier? If there was ever a game Pederson needed to Run the ball 40+ times, this is it. Ground and Pound!! Keep the Rams Defense from teeing off on Wentz and their Offense specifically Gurley off the field. Unfortunately I think DTM is going to do the opposite (get cute) and try to have Wentz "out duel" Goff in some kind of #1/#2 type competition in the national spot light. 

I hope that's not the case but have a feeling we'll see Wentz throwing it 40+ regardless of the score before seeing our RB run it 40+ on a suspect Rush Defense. Hope I'm wrong but doubt it!!

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

All 3 RB really. Clement is listed at 220 but is probably heavier? If there was ever a game Pederson needed to Run the ball 40+ times, this is it. Ground and Pound!! Keep the Rams Defense from teeing off on Wentz and their Offense specifically Gurley off the field. Unfortunately I think DTM is going to do the opposite (get cute) and try to have Wentz "out duel" Goff in some kind of #1/#2 type competition in the national spot light. 

I hope that's not the case but have a feeling we'll see Wentz throwing it 40+ regardless of the score before seeing our RB run it 40+ on a suspect Rush Defense. Hope I'm wrong but doubt it!!

I really hope he does. Our run defense has consistently been crap in the first half of games this year. Wade generally makes adjustments at half time, and they start to shut the run down in the second half. I think our pass defense matches up a lot better with your offense than our run defense.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:
9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I really hope he does. Our run defense has consistently been crap in the first half of games this year. Wade generally makes adjustments at half time, and they start to shut the run down in the second half. I think our pass defense matches up a lot better with your offense than our run defense.

No doubt about your Pass Rush. Especially with Big V who has played better but is nowhere near as dominate as Peters out there. It's weird really because our teams are very similar.

Dominate Front 4

Dominate Run Games

Great OL play

Very Good Pass 

QB playing out of their minds

In many ways this game will come down to which team imposes it's will the most and limits/forces TO's. It's like looking in a mirror really.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

No doubt about your Pass Rush. Especially with Big V who has played better but is nowhere near as dominate as Peters out there. It's weird really because our teams are very similar.

Dominate Front 4

Dominate Run Games

Great OL play

Very Good Pass 

QB playing out of their minds

In many ways this game will come down to which team imposes it's will the most and limits/forces TO's. It's like looking in a mirror really.

Yep. It's going to be about execution tomorrow. If either team isn't playing their A game, they're sunk.

Not sounding likely for Ertz to play tomorrow. That's a pretty big piece missing for us. 

Interesting story about Zach Ertz's connections to concussions:

Having raised four boys and all that entails, Lisa Ertz is the definition of Super Mom.

(Lisa) Ertz’s path eventually led to VICIS, the company behind the Zero1 helmet designed to reduce the force of impacts.

Ertz is president of the VICIS Foundation, a non-profit organization whose mission is to help young athletes of all socioeconomic background have access to helmets and protective equipment that has up-to-date technology.

She recalls the heart dropping moment when the need for safer helmets hit close to home with one of her sons.

“My passion for helmet safety began when Shane’s football career ended on the field after a traumatic concussion in 2011, his senior year at Monte Vista,” said Ertz. “Of course all the recent headlines about CTE and football and having Zachary in his fifth year in the NFL and Jackson still playing high school football, it’s become a relentless pursuit.”

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/08/01/around-alamo-football-mom-makes-safety-her-mission/

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

How is your OLB play?

Cause if Ertz is out, Celek will be out there who is a much better blocker, so with him washing down for outside runs, it could look better this week
...a lot of Blount's most effective runs have been when he runs to a b gap and bounces it to C
Kelce will pull outside sometimes so you get him as a lead blocker....if the Olbs dont flow up, and especially if the DEs cant dagger up field to set the edge..him and Ajayi will break a couple 30 yarders like that.

We don't run up the middle a ton, sans 3rd/4th and short, where Wentz is pretty automatic at just falling a yard and a half to pick up the first.
Ajayi will occasionally cut one back if he sees a gap open 

Just now, Kiltman said:

How is your OLB play?

Cause if Ertz is out, Celek will be out there who is a much better blocker, so with him washing down for outside runs, it could look better this week
...a lot of Blount's most effective runs have been when he runs to a b gap and bounces it to C
Kelce will pull outside sometimes so you get him as a lead blocker....if the Olbs dont flow up, and especially if the DEs cant dagger up field to set the edge..him and Ajayi will break a couple 30 yarders like that.

We don't run up the middle a ton, sans 3rd/4th and short, where Wentz is pretty automatic at just falling a yard and a half to pick up the first.
Ajayi will occasionally cut one back if he sees a gap open 

Barwin is out with an injury. Ebukam is a talented athlete (like freakishly athletic), but he's not as reliable setting the edge. Quinn has stepped his game up of late. Frankly, we're not nearly as vulnerable outside as we are up the gut. We have a ton of speed on defense, which makes it difficult to get outside on us (Barron is great at sifting through traffic to stuff outside runs). Plus, Kayvon and Tru are good tacklers on the edge. We're much more vulnerable up the middle. Barron and Ogletree are inconsistent filling gaps, and our NTs can be exploited.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Barwin is out with an injury. Ebukam is a talented athlete (like freakishly athletic), but he's not as reliable setting the edge. Quinn has stepped his game up of late. Frankly, we're not nearly as vulnerable outside as we are up the gut. We have a ton of speed on defense, which makes it difficult to get outside on us (Barron is great at sifting through traffic to stuff outside runs). Plus, Kayvon and Tru are good tacklers on the edge. We're much more vulnerable up the middle. Barron and Ogletree are inconsistent filling gaps, and our NTs can be exploited.

Glad Barwin landed with you guys, on a successful team...just couldn't stick around here anymore.

We will go after it..just not where we tend to break a ton of runs, though all the Rbs have had a few huge one cuts up the middle
So yea they'll probably attack there.

Is your Nickel CB good? I'm expecting with Ertz out, and him getting better and better, Agholor is gonna get a lot of looks and has been really good at getting open.

Archived