Week 1: San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers

J-ALL-DAY

I'm still skeptical of Purdy's long term prospects as an NFL starter. 

I'm also fine if they trade Nick Bosa for a mountain of picks. 

Defenses don't win Championships anymore. QBs do. you don't need a great defense, just a good-enough defense. 

Bosa could allow the 49ers to reset their roster. just need to sack lynch for a real GM and don't let Shanahan anywhere near the draft room. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herodreamer79 said:

I'm still skeptical of Purdy's long term prospects as an NFL starter. 

I'm also fine if they trade Nick Bosa for a mountain of picks. 

Defenses don't win Championships anymore. QBs do. you don't need a great defense, just a good-enough defense. 

Bosa could allow the 49ers to reset their roster. just need to sack lynch for a real GM and don't let Shanahan anywhere near the draft room. 

And we would end up waiting another 10 years or more for that 6th Lombardi. 

Image result for dean hell no gif

• Like 2

only if they get it wrong. 

and do you honestly believe this team is better than 2019... or even better than last year? because its not. 

they're not beating Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow as is without the grace of God behind them. 

and paying Nick Bosa more money than 95% of the roster combined (franchise QB money) when he got 0 sacks in the post-season honestly scares the **** out of me. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

So we're are still fine or is everyone freaking out 🙂

It'll get done when it's done. Or we will trade him. 

I didn't expect us to win this one with him, but I don't suspect that we should need him for the Cardinals or Rams. Giants could be interesting. 

6 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And we would end up waiting another 10 years or more for that 6th Lombardi. 

Image result for dean hell no gif

It is fair to wonder what the ripple effects of Bosa's extension could be.  Aiyuk and Hufanga are immediately the names that come to mind.

Cap hits from 2024 / 2025 (49ers are currently over the cap by 1 million next year with 42 signed, not including Bosa.)

Trent 28m/30m
Deebo 28m/24m
Armstead 25m/6m
Warner 24m/26m
Kittle 19m/17m
Ward 17m/12m
Hardgrave 15m/26m
Aiyuk 14m/????
McCaffery 14m/14m

Bosa's looking at what 30m+ annually?

That could be crippling. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

5 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Cap hits from 2024 / 2025 (49ers are currently over the cap by 1 million next year with 42 signed, not including Bosa.)

Trent 28m/30m
Deebo 28m/24m
Armstead 25m/6m
Warner 24m/26m
Kittle 19m/17m
Ward 17m/12m
Hardgrave 15m/26m
Aiyuk 14m/????
McCaffery 14m/14m

That could be crippling. 

They cap is projected to go up ~25m next year, and probably more after that. Just looking at what New Orleans has done over the last 10+ years, I'm not too worried. There's always ways to maneuver 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Trent 28m/30m
Deebo 28m/24m
Armstead 25m/6m
Warner 24m/26m
Kittle 19m/17m
Ward 17m/12m
Hardgrave 15m/26m
Aiyuk 14m/????
McCaffery 14m/14m

That could be crippling. 

You know what's more crippling? Trading away your pass rush. 

Image result for really gif

• Like 1

The frustrating thing about the Bosa saga is that this team's window to win is literally this year and possibly next season. Now that takes a hit if/when he starts missing games and if this holdout leads to an early season injury. We really just let too many opportunities slip away. When Bosa is healthy for the entire season, this team makes the NFCCG. Same with Deebo...Those two are really the key and unfortunately we don't know how this Bosa situation will play out. 

If Kittle does even go, he is probably going to be used to chip Watt quite a bit and sometimes just stay in to block. Fumagalli getting the call up and actually starting if Kittle does not go? 

A Bosa trade is only acceptable to a team that will be a top 5 pick. 

regardless, don’t want to see him go, but I don’t expect him too. However, this is when those first round picks, possibly at edge..offensive line..corner (Micah parsons..?) would be nice to have on our roster..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, adamq said:

They cap is projected to go up ~25m next year, and probably more after that. Just looking at what New Orleans has done over the last 10+ years, I'm not too worried. There's always ways to maneuver 

saints just took their 50 million cap debt and moved it to next year. we'll see how long they choose to keep kicking the can down the road before biting the bullet. 

the 49ers supposedly have about 40 million they could open up with simple restructuring. so there's ways to open up the cap a bit, not sure how deeply they want to put themselves in that hole. right now, despite being squeezed a bit presently, there's plenty of room on the "credit card" if you will. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1