2023-24 College Football Prospect Watch

KingTitan

Mitchell has been creeping into the first round in more and more mocks. I think Coleman might be the best we can hope for right now.

I think Thomas, Mitchell, and Franklin are 100 percent gone by our second pick.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel said:

Mitchell has been creeping into the first round in more and more mocks. I think Coleman might be the best we can hope for right now.

I think Thomas, Mitchell, and Franklin are 100 percent gone by our second pick.

Someone that I'm interested to see run is Brenden Rice. He has the pedigree and shown route running ability, but consistently I see him mocked or listed almost like a 3rd or 4th round pick. 

Thomas and Mitchell are 1st rounders. I think Franklin might fall some due to size unless he just blazes his 40. 

But then you have McConkey, Worthy, Legette, Javon Baker, Ja' Lynn Polk, Malachi Corley, Ricky Pearsall,  Roman WIlson as guys that I think will be able to play successfully in the league. 

Sure is a deep WR class. Someone has to fall, unless people just drat OT's and WR's exclusively. lol

Other than hist last name, honestly everything about Brenden Rice seems JAG at best, to me. Understandably he gets almost no hype. 

Saw some things and clips that made Javon Baker grow considerably on me, but the class as a whole seems a little bit thinner than it did a month or two ago, to be honest.

17 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Jayden Daniels got something special to him. He might be a problem in the nfl.

I think he’s going to be RG3 had he developed into a pocket passer, he’s a gifted thrower. 

• Like 1

After watching these IDLs, man, I would not hate the idea of spending our first non-offensive pick on one of these guys.

It's a surprisingly deep class.  If there's a big run on receivers or OLs when we need one (not at pick 7 of course), then maybe grabbing a super talented DL to put next to Simmons and make hay would be fun.

I’m starting to feel that we take a receiver too.

Don’t like it. But maybe we can trade down in the second and get a little more capital before we take one of the Day 2 right tackles.

Just please for the love of god stay away from Patrick Paul.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

After watching these IDLs, man, I would not hate the idea of spending our first non-offensive pick on one of these guys.

It's a surprisingly deep class.  If there's a big run on receivers or OLs when we need one (not at pick 7 of course), then maybe grabbing a super talented DL to put next to Simmons and make hay would be fun.

Just a good year to trade back and get as many top 100 picks as possible. 

Some real food corners. Wide receivers. OL. DL. 

If we had more we could really restock the shelves. 

i cannot figure out what i'm missing with odunze. everyone seems to be talking about how high his stock is and he just doesn't pop off the film to me at all. an enormous chunk of his tape is him winning contested catches with zero separation, and i'm not impressed by his speed, short-area quickness, or YAC ability. adonai mitchell looks so much smoother and more explosive to me, if i'm being honest.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i cannot figure out what i'm missing with odunze. everyone seems to be talking about how high his stock is and he just doesn't pop off the film to me at all. an enormous chunk of his tape is him winning contested catches with zero separation, and i'm not impressed by his speed, short-area quickness, or YAC ability. adonai mitchell looks so much smoother and more explosive to me, if i'm being honest.

I’m somewhat with you. I like him a lot and wouldn’t be mad with picking him at 7 but something is holding me back from “loving him” as a prospect. Two of the most important traits you see in the top WRs in today’s NFL is the ability to separate and YAC ability. That’s simply not Odunze’s strong points, which is a bit concerning for me.

Having said that, what better player to learn and be tutored by with his play style than DeAndre Hopkins. Plus with his ability to make plays and contested catches for his QB, I think he’s a ideal WR for Levis.

I kind of feel the same as the two above, I admittedly have not watched to much on him, but before the Michigan game all anyone talked about was ability to get contested catches. I just don't think it is sustainable to throw passes that require "contested catches". By definition that means throwing to a guy that is reasonably well covered, something I think a veteran QB might be better equipped to do...having the young QB throw the ball to basically covered WR's seems like a recipe for trouble. I think separation is the #1 trait we should be looking for, and maybe Rome separates better than his reputation suggests and he wasn't really asked to run those type of routes.

One thing's for sure, Rome is absolutely more finesse and better at separating than a lot of you seem to believe. 

Prior to last year, all the talk about Hopkins was he visibly lost a step and can't separate anymore to save his life. He came into a dysfunctional offense and still produced a 1k season. Rome will be fine, more than fine actually, as a #1 option in the league.

• Like 1