2023 Week 1: vs. Lions (Thursday, Sept. 7)

onejayhawk

Our pass catchers all got the yips last night and it spread like wild fire. Definitely pissed last night but all things considered that was a decent to good team with a really good OL and DL and two less drops and we probably win. 

it’s really hard to believe our WR’s play that bad again. I don’t believe Toney was known for drops which is hopefully encouraging that he can put this behind him. 

Had to suck for CJ because the D played pretty great and I don’t see how him being there really would have changed that or changed the outcome. Lost money last night.

8 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

He had 5 targets on his 20 snaps. Hopefully he gets more reps next weekend.

In comparison, Skyy had 3 targets on 45 snaps. 

Skyy continues to be a disappointment, poor guy. But if he can’t get open he’s gonna start heading into bust territory sooner rather than later

On 9/8/2023 at 10:31 AM, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Our pass catchers all got the yips last night and it spread like wild fire. Definitely pissed last night but all things considered that was a decent to good team with a really good OL and DL and two less drops and we probably win. 

it’s really hard to believe our WR’s play that bad again. I don’t believe Toney was known for drops which is hopefully encouraging that he can put this behind him. 

Had to suck for CJ because the D played pretty great and I don’t see how him being there really would have changed that or changed the outcome. Lost money last night.

I do think there was a lack of pressure that came without the blitz and they ran up the middle fine.  I do t know that he exactly lost money, but we didn’t get trounced.  Had our other DTs dominated, that might different but they were fine. I think at best it’s a push, I don’t think the lions played particularly well on office either.

On 9/8/2023 at 6:55 PM, Chiefer said:

Skyy continues to be a disappointment, poor guy. But if he can’t get open he’s gonna start heading into bust territory sooner rather than later

Skyy is slower to pick up something difficult.

The difficulty is a reason that WRs are not generally graded until after three seasons. It's two full seasons early to be saying things like this. 

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Skyy is slower to pick up something difficult.

The difficulty is a reason that WRs are not generally graded until after three seasons. It's two full seasons early to be saying things like this. 

Takes less than three seasons to get chemistry with Mahomes, which he seems to be lacking going into his second year. 

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

So, LAC lost, Denver lost, Cincy lost.

Not a bad week 1 for us still, honestly.

Raiders are leading the division, when was the last time that happened?

The Cincy beat down was amazing to watch. With the amount they talk to do that on opening day,,, makes me feel better about the Lions loss

• Like 2

21 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Don't do that over one early season game. He's a big reason why there are two Rings.

I know what you mean, but technically he only helped with one, lol.  Just frustrating to have all the build up for him and he’s hurt half the time, he’s gonna be the number 1 then lays an all time stinker.  Trust me, I want the guy to succeed in a huge way.