2023 Week 1: vs. Lions (Thursday, Sept. 7)

onejayhawk

It's time to start posting the game threads. 

Chris Jones appears to be out. The two sides are not close to a new contract and he will not play under the existing one.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/chiefs_chris_jones_not_likely_to_play_week_1_two_sides_not_close_on_contract/s1_17198_39208999

This will mean eating a $1.66 MM paycheck. I hope it's tasty.

• Like 2

Nothing like missing the 2nd and 3rd best players (you figure out which is which) to make Mahomes pay attention. The dude hates to lose at anything.

The opening line was 6 1/2. It's now down to 4 1/2 and still dropping. If it goes to three points, pay attention. Three points is by far the most likely victory margin in an NFL game. That makes 3 and 3 1/2 very important numbers. 

BTW I personally think our second-best player is Creed Humphrey but what do I know?

With Kelce likely out, here is something on Noah Gray. He's pretty good for day #3 pick in a bad TE draft.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/four_things_to_know_about_probable_travis_kelce_replacement_noah_gray/s1_13132_39221292

Edited by onejayhawk

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

How many touches do you guys think Toney gets not including special teams.

Of course I could be wrong and he could go off for 10 catches and 150 yds but I'm guessing he might get an end around and a couple catches. He literally just started practicing again after getting his meniscus fixed, so I'm not expecting much at all.

I'm guessing MVS, Skyy and Noah are gonna be the big contributors in the passing game this week.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Of course I could be wrong and he could go off for 10 catches and 150 yds but I'm guessing he might get an end around and a couple catches. He literally just started practicing again after getting his meniscus fixed, so I'm not expecting much at all.

I'm guessing MVS, Skyy and Noah are gonna be the big contributors in the passing game this week.

Sleeping on Richie James

• Like 1

20 hours ago, malak1 said:

How many touches do you guys think Toney gets not including special teams.

I doubt KT gets a single ST snap. Richie James is not a great return man but he's reliable.

The team has so much depth at WR that Toney could get nothing but a few token snaps. Even if he plays more than that, figure him to be the 4th option. To me the question is whether he gets more chances than Justyn Ross.

Interesting prop bet I heard touted: First TD of the NFL season--Noah Gray +1500

Edited by onejayhawk

Y’all sleeping on McKinnon in the pass game too. Don’t forget how many TDs he scored last year. 

The middle of the field question, and who works with Mahomes replacing THAT aspect of Kelce’s game will be interesting.  His ability to adjust a route or sit down/work back to Pat is how he always Double teamed but still finds a way to get open.