Waiver Wire Advice Thread

NYRaider

On 9/12/2023 at 7:21 AM, NYRaider said:

I like Joshua Kelley more long term than Kyren Williams or Justise Hill. 

22 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

My number 1 target .

great offense , split carries with Ekler while also running routes , who is older and already hurt. 

im 5th in the waiver order 

I hope I get either Kelly or R Johnson 

15 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Kelly’s not going anywhere. He’s like a poor man’s Allgeier. He has flex value but will be a RB1 borderline guy if Ekeler doesn’t play. Those type of handcuffs are invaluable. You can justify keeping them around. Gainwell and Allgeier shouldn’t be on waivers so I won’t discuss them.

Followed your advice and went for Kelley over the RBs and landed him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Good pick up , I got him as well. I think he’s playable all year 

That's good to hear because my RB group isn't lovely imo:

• CMC, J Taylor (Out another 3 games at min), Dalvin Cook, Brian Robinson, Spears

Now that Diontae is out for a month or so, I am forced to put Robinson in at flex as my real only other option is JSN.

Would you play Kelley in flex? Start him over Cook even?

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's good to hear because my RB group isn't lovely imo:

• CMC, J Taylor (Out another 3 games at min), Dalvin Cook, Brian Robinson, Spears

Now that Diontae is out for a month or so, I am forced to put Robinson in at flex as my real only other option is JSN.

Would you play Kelley in flex? Start him over Cook even?

I have Dionte and JSN too 🤣

id start Kelley and Robinson over Cook

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Managed to get Puka in both leagues. Somehow landed him with the 8th priority in one. Needed that since Garrett Wilson just became far less valuable.

I got Puka with 3rd priority. 
15 targets is No joke especially with Stafford looking like old self. Even when/if kupp comes back, he is looking like #2 option, then you have the injury risk for kupp again. 

gotta take the chance, and might as well after week 1

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 2:38 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I was #1 in waiver order so I locked up Puka. However when I woke up the next morning to see who also tried to claim him, I didn't see it listed. Turns out basically all but two teams tried to claim him so the list was too long for yahoo lol.

Question is it too early to bail on Justin Fields? 

Way too early to bail on Fields.  His legs give him such a good floor.  A lot of QBs had bad weeks including Burrow, Allen and Lamar.  And Fields easily outscored all of them.  I would love to find an owner willing to bail on him. 

18 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Someone new to fantasy freaked out over week 1 and dropped Swift. How much FAAB would you allocate to him?

I think Swift is going to be a let down as the season goes on.  He has had huge games in the past but he will still be splitting with Gainwell when he returns and Swift is 90% likely to get hurt soon and slow down his season.  Given I think saving FAAB is dumb because rarely after the first couple of weeks are you finding a starter on the wire so maybe throw 40-50 on him if you need a RB.  But just go in with the expectations that last week will not be the norm. 

On 9/15/2023 at 4:20 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

Way too early to bail on Fields.  His legs give him such a good floor.  A lot of QBs had bad weeks including Burrow, Allen and Lamar.  And Fields easily outscored all of them.  I would love to find an owner willing to bail on him. 

I gave him another week and whew. I am dropping him after this week.

7 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I gave him another week and whew. I am dropping him after this week.

I still think its a bad move.  Unless its a really small league and nobody holds onto a second QB.  He has 1 less point than Lamar Jackson through 2 games and only 8 less than Jalen Hurts.  Fields is not a great QB in real life but he is for fantasy.  And unless you think Kirk Cousins or Baker Mayfield are going to do this every week, which I dont expect, then Fields is likely your best long term option.  

Side note, Jamar Chase is not a top 50 WR right now, would you drop him if you had him after a couple bad games?  Are you dropping Burrow after two bad games and a non top 30 QB ranking right now?