Waiver Wire Advice Thread

NYRaider

30 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s an interesting take. Lot more mouths to feed in Baltimore and coming off a foot injury. 

I think on the high end of outcomes for Moore he can be Watson’s number 1, I think he’s better suited to be than Cooper. 

I’m real high on Musgrave and would protect my TE investment. I think it would be smart to pick him up now. 

I don't believe that outcome exists for Moore without an injury to cooper. When healthy, Cooper just consistently catches 80 passes and puts up 1100 yards. I don't think Cooper is coming off the field in 2 receiver sets and at best I think Moore is splitting with DPJ as the other receiver. I still like DPJ to produce more, tbh. The guy that I'm also looking at in that offense is njoku. Think he could see a jump. 

Bateman could just be the top wide receiver in Baltimore. I don't think it's likely, but I'd rather gamble that he is. I just think the ceiling of Moore is very capped without injury

33 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

@jrry32 How real is this Puka Nacua hype? Do we buy the farm? Is he going to carve out a #2 role if and when Kupp returns?

That target share is no joke IMO.  When Stafford likes a WR, he feeds them.  I am not sure he maintains when Kupp is back but also I don't know if Kupp will be healthy all year so he will at least be a part of the offense.  I definitely will be working to get him in a few leagues that I didn't already have him. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

@jrry32 How real is this Puka Nacua hype? Do we buy the farm? Is he going to carve out a #2 role if and when Kupp returns?

It's a hard question to answer. It depends on McVay's WR rotation. Stafford seems to like the kid, but he's also in love with Kupp. The issue there is he's likely to feed Kupp when he returns. But I have no idea when Kupp is returning. I'd grab Nacua for the next few games (although, SF is a tough one). When Kupp returns, I'd probably give it a week or two to see how things shake out (i.e., stash Nacua and see what the WR rotation and target share are). Basically, yeah, I'd pick him up off the waiver wire.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's a hard question to answer. It depends on McVay's WR rotation. Stafford seems to like the kid, but he's also in love with Kupp. The issue there is he's likely to feed Kupp when he returns. But I have no idea when Kupp is returning. I'd grab Nacua for the next few games (although, SF is a tough one). When Kupp returns, I'd probably give it a week or two to see how things shake out (i.e., stash Nacua and see what the WR rotation and target share are). Basically, yeah, I'd pick him up off the waiver wire.

Better question. Is Kyren Williams the second coming of Darrell Henderson who will inexplicably take the starting RB job from Akers despite Akers being listed as RB1.

I thought last year's week 1 was bad for me, it got worse this year...

No kelce, Dobbins tears his Achilles, Lockett leaves but returns then Akers basically pays second fiddle to Kyren.

I have the #1 waiver. I prefer not to use it but Ken Gainwell, Gus Edwards and Justice Hill come to mind.

Thoughts on Gainwell? My Rbs are now Breece Hall(hurry back please), Akers and Damien Harris.

I hate Fantasy Football

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Better question. Is Kyren Williams the second coming of Darrell Henderson who will inexplicably take the starting RB job from Akers despite Akers being listed as RB1.

Yeah idk. Can't trust Mcvay. Either Williams keeps this up or its a week 1 anomaly. I'd say if you can get Williams and wait/see.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah idk. Can't trust Mcvay. Either Williams keeps this up or its a week 1 anomaly. I'd say if you can get Williams and wait/see.

Gotcha, Im asking as a pissed off Cam Akers dynasty owner 🤣 All of these new school young coaches love playing this game of 'nobody actually know who Im starting at RB' and its infuriating. McVay does it, Shannahan does it, Mike McDaniel does it, they all do it. ha'rumph

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Gotcha, Im asking as a pissed off Cam Akers dynasty owner 🤣 All of these new school young coaches love playing this game of 'nobody actually know who Im starting at RB' and its infuriating. McVay does it, Shannahan does it, Mike McDaniel does it, they all do it. ha'rumph

yah I drafted Akers last year and we all know what happened. I still remember Mcvay talking about how Akers just need to work harder, I ignored that statement. This off season he was singing praise for Akers so I decided to jump back in. After week 1, I hate my team lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I drafted Akers thinking he was the guy after his finish last year. Williams was more effective against Seattle, but I think his touches had more to do with game flown. We were killing them through the air, and Williams is the passing-down stud. They were basically shutting our run game down. Still, McVay went to Akers to close the game out and brought him in when he needed to punch it in on 4th down in the redzone. So I'll say that Akers will likely keep seeing a lot of carries, and if our OL blocks better than they did against Seattle, the yards will come. That said, if Akers turns into a pouty little girl again, all bets are off.

8 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I thought last year's week 1 was bad for me, it got worse this year...

No kelce, Dobbins tears his Achilles, Lockett leaves but returns then Akers basically pays second fiddle to Kyren.

I have the #1 waiver. I prefer not to use it but Ken Gainwell, Gus Edwards and Justice Hill come to mind.

Thoughts on Gainwell? My Rbs are now Breece Hall(hurry back please), Akers and Damien Harris.

I hate Fantasy Football

I think Gainwell…the tea leaves in the preseason were showing Philly was treating him as their #1…maybe not elite RB upside but it’s a great offense and he’s seeing targets.

edit…ribs are hurt and I think they play on Thursday…not good

Edited by AFF
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AFF said:

I think Gainwell…the tea leaves in the preseason were showing Philly was treating him as their #1…maybe not elite RB upside but it’s a great offense and he’s seeing targets.

edit…ribs are hurt and I think they play on Thursday…not good

Yeah I had him #1 on my waiver list. I have the first waiver in my league but then as you mentioned that rib injury appeared so now I really don't know who to pick up lol....