Waiver Wire Advice Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, AFF said:

What are they saying on Ekelers ankle?

His status for this week is uncertain. If Ekeler goes down he instantly becomes a bell-cow / league winner in one of the best offenses in the league. Even if he doesn't Kellen is going to split touches so he can be fantasy relevant, ie Zeke/Pollard.

I still have Gainwell as the #1 waiver pickup this week. He got the majority of the touches and from my past watching of Swift, he isn't going to force anything even if he gets touches this week.  Gainwell will be back if he doesn't play this week and will still be the RB to have in a really good offense. 

The other RB's in the mix, make me nervous but are worth a shot if you have a deep bench player that you don't have hope for.  I think I would rank them Kyren Williams, Josh Kelly, Justice Hill, Gus Edwards.  I also will throw Zack Moss into that mix because I dont think Deon Jackson is the guy and I have a hunch that maybe the Ravens make a move for Taylor leaving that Indy job open this year and killing the value of Gus and Hill.  Another one to keep an eye on is Sean Tucker.  I still really like White but I have seen others say he will be the back to have in Tampa and he got 5 carries and a catch in game one when White was not productive. 

I think Puka is a legit option and will keep it up even when Kupp returns.  If Stafford likes a WR, he feeds them as seen by the target share of Kupp (and Calvin and Tate before that) but when Robert Woods was there, they split targets almost evenly at 130 a season.  Then when Woods got hurt for part of the season, Kupp took over but Woods still got 70 targets in 9 games. That same year Van Jefferson also got 90 targets and once OBJ got settled, he had 48 targets in 7 games.  Matt Stafford had 601 attempts that year and less than 1/3 went to Kupp so if Puka is legit and Stafford is a fan, I can see him getting 20% of those targets which would be in the 130 range which when Woods was getting that he had 90 catches, 1k yards and 6 TDs.  

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I still have Gainwell as the #1 waiver pickup this week. He got the majority of the touches and from my past watching of Swift, he isn't going to force anything even if he gets touches this week.  Gainwell will be back if he doesn't play this week and will still be the RB to have in a really good offense. 

The other RB's in the mix, make me nervous but are worth a shot if you have a deep bench player that you don't have hope for.  I think I would rank them Kyren Williams, Josh Kelly, Justice Hill, Gus Edwards.  I also will throw Zack Moss into that mix because I dont think Deon Jackson is the guy and I have a hunch that maybe the Ravens make a move for Taylor leaving that Indy job open this year and killing the value of Gus and Hill.  Another one to keep an eye on is Sean Tucker.  I still really like White but I have seen others say he will be the back to have in Tampa and he got 5 carries and a catch in game one when White was not productive. 

I think Puka is a legit option and will keep it up even when Kupp returns.  If Stafford likes a WR, he feeds them as seen by the target share of Kupp (and Calvin and Tate before that) but when Robert Woods was there, they split targets almost evenly at 130 a season.  Then when Woods got hurt for part of the season, Kupp took over but Woods still got 70 targets in 9 games. That same year Van Jefferson also got 90 targets and once OBJ got settled, he had 48 targets in 7 games.  Matt Stafford had 601 attempts that year and less than 1/3 went to Kupp so if Puka is legit and Stafford is a fan, I can see him getting 20% of those targets which would be in the 130 range which when Woods was getting that he had 90 catches, 1k yards and 6 TDs.  

An interesting note i heard on JJ Zacharisian podcast was that he got those targets on the outside…not from the slot.

So there’s the possibility of vslue even d Kupp returns after his PUP list stint.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I like Joshua Kelley more long term than Kyren Williams or Justise Hill. 

My number 1 target .

great offense , split carries with Ekler while also running routes , who is older and already hurt. 

im 5th in the waiver order 

I hope I get either Kelly or R Johnson 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

My number 1 target .

great offense , split carries with Ekler while also running routes , who is older and already hurt. 

I know they had roughly same touches(Kelley vs Ekeler) but was it due to garbage time? I haven’t had chance to check out that game yet and I’m aware of Ekelers ankle.

Williams is interesting because he was running ahead of Akers…something like 30 snaps to Akers 4 at halftime.

15 minutes ago, AFF said:

I know they had roughly same touches(Kelley vs Ekeler) but was it due to garbage time? I haven’t had chance to check out that game yet and I’m aware of Ekelers ankle.

Williams is interesting because he was running ahead of Akers…something like 30 snaps to Akers 4 at halftime.

I didn’t watch the game but I’m pretty sure it was close throughout 

18 minutes ago, AFF said:

It was close throughout the game, it was a super close game the whole way.

31 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

My number 1 target .

Yessir, I have Herbert but picked up Roschon Johnson off waivers right before the games last weekend. 

22 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Something to note with Roschon, he had the majority of his touches after the game was well out of hand. I do not expect that to continue. I am not super interested in picking him up right now, although to be fair I did not see him play this weekend (havent watched that game yet)

57 minutes ago, N4L said:

Something to note with Roschon, he had the majority of his touches after the game was well out of hand. I do not expect that to continue. I am not super interested in picking him up right now, although to be fair I did not see him play this weekend (havent watched that game yet)

He got reps and was more productive than Foreman so its likely he earns more carries as the year progresses.  This is the cheapest Roschon will be the rest of the year IMO especially given his pass blocking.  

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I watched in full as a Packer fan. I think it’s evident that Johnson is going to surpass Herbert

I have #1 priority on waivers. There is Rochon, Kelley and Kyren Williams available.

Is Rochon or Kelley good enough to blow the #1 priority on or would it be smart to hold onto it for now for maybe a better option in the future.? There is also Puka Nacua.

A large part of me doesnt want to blow it yet after week 1 because there is a lot of fools gold going around right now based on outlier performances. The only one I really have faith in contributing long-term is Puka and maybe Rochon.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I have #1 priority on waivers. There is Rochon, Kelley and Kyren Williams available.

Is Rochon or Kelley good enough to blow the #1 priority on or would it be smart to hold onto it for now for maybe a better option in the future.? There is also Puka Nacua.

A large part of me doesnt want to blow it yet after week 1 because there is a lot of fools gold going around right now based on outlier performances. The only one I really have faith in contributing long-term is Puka and maybe Rochon.

Kelly’s not going anywhere. He’s like a poor man’s Allgeier. He has flex value but will be a RB1 borderline guy if Ekeler doesn’t play. Those type of handcuffs are invaluable. You can justify keeping them around. Gainwell and Allgeier shouldn’t be on waivers so I won’t discuss them.

Karen Williams wasn’t very good last year…but here I am owning him both seasons. Sometimes being good enough, having some receiving upside, and getting volume is enough. Definitely below Allgeier, but ahead of a guy like Roschon in redrafter.

Not a big Roschon fan…just avoid the Bears running backs. That’s a low upside situation even for a #1.

See Bears for my take on Ravens RBs. Hard pass on Justice Hill. Simply not good, and scoring two easy TDs won’t dissuade me  

I like Puka…primarily because of his name. That type of production is unlikely moving forward, but he’s clearly better than the other non Kupp options. There’s also no guarantee Kupp ever gets healthy. He’s definitely the #1 WR waiver option (assuming your league was stupid enough to see Shaheed hit waivers…who is a bonafide stud).

Kendrick Bourne is interesting. He has flashed in the past. I’m not expecting a breakout, but at least until another Pats WR emerges he has value. I honestly don’t like any of the other Pats WR options, so I could see Bourne being the defacto #1 this year…how that translate to fantasy stats, we’ll see  

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1