Waiver Wire Advice Thread

NYRaider

38 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Fields was picked up last week in this league I believe. The owner has TUA so he's trying to shop Fields though.

I moved fields earlier this week. A lot of people are giving me crap about it in the league, but I think it will ultimately be the right call. I just don't see him doing the 300 yards / 3 TD thing per game. He's still not running enough for my liking and teams are clearly zeroed in on it because it hasn't been as successful yet. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I moved fields earlier this week. A lot of people are giving me crap about it in the league, but I think it will ultimately be the right call. I just don't see him doing the 300 yards / 3 TD thing per game. He's still not running enough for my liking and teams are clearly zeroed in on it because it hasn't been as successful yet. 

I agree. I won't take too much away from him but these have been cupcake teams the past two weeks that have played more man than zone. 

I currently need to fill my DB spot.

Players I can drop: Zach Moss, Quentin Johnston, Michael Gallup or Roshcon Johnson.

I was leaning Roschon but Herbert got hurt last night, not sure how bad it is though.

I feel like Moss is a top three handcuff, the owner of JT isn't interested in Moss either.

My gut says Quentin Johnston is the one to drop now. I just don't think he'll amount to anything but none the less the upside is there...

23 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Players I can drop: Zach Moss, Quentin Johnston, Michael Gallup or Roshcon Johnson.

I was leaning Roschon but Herbert got hurt last night, not sure how bad it is though.

I feel like Moss is a top three handcuff, the owner of JT isn't interested in Moss either.

My gut says Quentin Johnston is the one to drop now. I just don't think he'll amount to anything but none the less the upside is there...

id' retain the RB and drop 1 of Johnston or Gallup.  

WR always feels easier to find if needed vs RB

On 10/6/2023 at 2:31 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

If it is a dynasty league, I would drop Gallup.  In a redraft I would probably drop Johnston but its close.  I don't think Gallup is ever good enough to start and maybe Johnston will breakout after the bye week with more time practicing without Mike Williams.  I think he still has more upside this year than Gallup but also has a low floor. 

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Dimarcado or Spears? (its keeper/dynasty btw if that matters)

I have Conner who just went down and since Cam Akers decided to not play football this year and Gibbs doesnt get used, I need a backup RB lol

Spears for me since it's keeper / dynasty

A couple waiver wire questions for week 6? 

1) JSN or Rashee Rice? - will JSN emerge post bye? He is further gone from his injury. A high pick who is stuck behind two good WRs in Lockett and DK. Rice could emerge down the road, and JSN can emerge too. if you had to big one with bigger ceiling? 

2) Emari Demercado or Keontay Ingram? - I'm just looking for a long term stash and don't care about this week. Who is the better add in the Card RB room? Wasn't Ingram the RB2 before he was hurt. He might be back Sunday, if not next week. 

3) JSN or Zach Charbonnet - another league, another JSN question. I don't care about position, just looking for league winner? which one would you choose 

4) Zach Charbonnet or Tayjae Spears- who is the better RB stash? Spears get more PT but Titans OL sucks and Henry unlikely to get hurt 

5) Any interest in Justice Hill or Keaton Mitchell?  

redraft league 

Edited by Humble_Beast

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

A couple waiver wire questions for week 6? 

1) JSN or Rashee Rice? - will JSN emerge post bye? He is further gone from his injury. A high pick who is stuck behind two good WRs in Lockett and DK. Rice could emerge down the road, and JSN can emerge too. if you had to big one with bigger ceiling? 

2) Emari Demercado or Keontay Ingram? - I'm just looking for a long term stash and don't care about this week. Who is the better add in the Card RB room? Wasn't Ingram the RB2 before he was hurt. He might be back Sunday, if not next week. 

3) JSN or Zach Charbonnet - another league, another JSN question. I don't care about position, just looking for league winner? which one would you choose 

4) Zach Charbonnet or Tayjae Spears- who is the better RB stash? Spears get more PT but Titans OL sucks and Henry unlikely to get hurt 

5) Any interest in Justice Hill or Keaton Mitchell?  

redraft league 

1) In a dynasty I go JSN, in a redraft I would lean Rice right now.  Rice is getting solid target share and if Mahomes trusts him more, he will likely gain as the year goes on.  I fully expect JSN to get better but he may not have a ton of value this year. 

2) Leaning Demercado at this point given he was productive last week when needed and could easily take hold of the job.  Neither are great plays but I feel like if Ingram was much of anything, he would have earned a few more carries the last couple of years.  His career 1.9 ypc don't excite me. 

3) This is tough but I would lean Charbonnet with a better chance to win a league in the instance Walker is injured.  He would instantly be a high end RB2 with RB1 upside.  I think JSN needs a couple of injuries to move up the target share enough to be a game changer this year.  

4) I lean Spears just because of his share he is getting.  Henry saw a ton of carries last year and is aging.  He may get traded or may get hurt which often happens after a 300+ carry season.  If that happens, Spears is in line for a solid role with a lot of opportunities. 

5) I have stashed Mitchell in deep leagues given nobody else is grabbing that job by the horns.  He has some electric athleticism and if he gets a chance, I think he has more upside than the rest to be a viable week to week starter at some point.  Hill and Edwards have shown they are viable bye week/injury fill ins but you might get 3 points or 15 points but likely won't get more than that.