2024 Draft

Ftn49

Draft Junior Colson. Our linebackers other than Warner, and Dre are doo doo juice. And Dre will miss time, plus might not be the same.

And fix the right ******* side of the line unless you want Brock killed. Tired of run blockers only. Christ on a crutch, at least Trent Brown could pass block.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Trevor Sikkema had us go Jordan Morgan in round 1 and Jarvis Brownlee in round 2. That man just can't quit on giving us a corner lol 

Random cardinals SI writer mock had us taking Morgan in round 1, Javon Bullard in round 2. 

I'll be honest, wouldn't completely hate the Bullard pick even though that's a growth year pick imo. 

That's the kind of pick you make because you know that Huf is going to leave and you're going to move Brown into that spot and then start Bullard. But Bullard is pretty small and I'm not sure I would want to chance him holding up over entire seasons either. 

Just based off what the 49ers have done in the past they just have not valued corners or safety in the first two rounds. Would be surprised if they went that route. 

Ben Sinnott is one of my favorite mid round pickups. 14 broken tackles on 48 receptions from TE, but I think he’d be a long term Juice replacement. Quality run blocker for the size. He’s sort of like budget Brock Bowers? Very fluid, nice hands. Just going to show up short and lightweight but I love him as the wing back / fullback that Juice has become. Heck, he’d be significantly better than Juice at running corner routes and such.

I refused to start looking at draft stuff until after the Super Bowl. Well, here we are. Where do I start regarding people to follow and sites with good coverage? I've been relying on Dane Brugler's draft guide for the past few years.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Talk to me about Jackson Powers-Jonhson. Any chance he falls to 31? Fits out system? Guard or C in the NFL? 

JPJ is getting a lot of buzz currently after the Senior Bowl. There's always a chance that someone can fall, but I think JPJ is one of the less likely ones. I think that folks like Seattle with IOL needs will grab him as the first IOL to plug and play. I think that he can play either G or C even at the heavier weight, although some folks might worry about his mobility as a C for an outside zone team. I saw enough getting to the second level on tape, but it is an eye of the beholder thing. And he was barely getting to his landmarks on those plays. The heavier weight, however, means that he is a monster in the one on ones on down blocks, reach blocks, and in pass pro for a center or guard. So yeah. I love him. He's one of the guys I auto pick if he falls. Like a lot of the 15-25 projected guys. You take the one that falls for some reason. But usually those fallers are for mediocre athletic testing/character. In which case, I am crossing my fingers extra hard for Laiatu Latu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Talk to me about Jackson Powers-Jonhson. Any chance he falls to 31? Fits out system? Guard or C in the NFL? 

I don't think so. I think too many teams need him in the late teens, early 20s. 

• Like 1

Jackson-Powers Johnson

Charles Turner III

Jordan Morgan 

Kingsley Eguakun

All could be helpful in the 49ers repairing that OL. Not sure if anyone will come in through FA. Funny enough PFF has Trent Brown as their #2 OT after Tyron Smith heading into FA. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

On 2/12/2024 at 11:59 PM, Geek said:

I refused to start looking at draft stuff until after the Super Bowl. Well, here we are. Where do I start regarding people to follow and sites with good coverage? I've been relying on Dane Brugler's draft guide for the past few years.

We need OL help and Brandon Thorn is top-shelf when it comes to evaluating OL. He writes for Bleacher Report, so all of the OL scouting reports and grades on there are from him. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Jackson-Powers Johnson

Charles Turner III

Jordan Morgan 

Kingsley Eguakun

All could be helpful in the 49ers repairing that OL. Not sure if anyone will come in through FA. Funny enough PFF has Trent Brown as their #2 OT after Tyron Smith heading into FA. 

I'd be interested in Suamataia/Frazier combo at the top of our draft. 

I also really like Troy Fautanu, but not sure he makes it to us. I can Graham Barton being attractive for us, too. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

We need OL help and Brandon Thorn is top-shelf when it comes to evaluating OL. He writes for Bleacher Report, so all of the OL scouting reports and grades on there are from him. 

Perfect. I was definitely looking for Oline evals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

100%. Brandon is awesome. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'd be interested in Suamataia/Frazier combo at the top of our draft. 

I also really like Troy Fautanu, but not sure he makes it to us. I can Graham Barton being attractive for us, too. 

I definitely could see Kyle liking Suamataia. Wonder if we could hold on getting him in the second. 

I personally have no issue going OL with our first 2 picks. Similar to the Harbaugh draft where we got Iupati and Davis 

Get Malachi Corley in the third! Steve smith is already pounding the table for him - draft crush. 

• Like 1

Shame that skill position players are the last thing we need because Brendan Rice, Luke McCaffrey, and Frank Gore Jr would all be fun picks.

Any QBs potentially worth taking a flier on in the late rounds to be QB3/even QB2 if we really want to save money?