2024 Draft

Ftn49

I'm annoyed by some of the defensive value still left on the board. 

I have no idea what to do with Brandon Dorlus, who is very small for a DT and not nearly long or athletic enough for an edge role.....but at the end of round 4, it's almost a situation where you take him and figure it out later. 

Same for Maason Smith. 

But I also already drafted Ruke. 

EDGE is not great in this draft, so I'll probably punt it....but Kamara is there and if you want to try and develop Hunt, he's an option. 

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have no idea what to do with Brandon Dorlus, who is very small for a DT and not nearly long or athletic enough for an edge role.....but at the end of round 4, it's almost a situation where you take him and figure it out later. 

Same for Maason Smith. 

EDGE is not great in this draft, so I'll probably punt it....but Kamara is there and if you want to try and develop Hunt, he's an option. 

Did Fiske go high?

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

Same for Maason Smith. 

Too many skinny short guys at EDGE this year. Not many fits for us. Bad year to need a pass rusher. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Did Fiske go high?

Just curious, what’s everyone’s take on him? I know he had a great combine, but I’ve heard his tape isn’t that great? 

Smith went off the board, but Dorlus is still there. We don't need him (especially after drafting Ruke), but he may be the highest person left on the board by a good amount, so I may have to really consider him if he's there. 

Receiver market kind of cratered in between picks, so that sucks. 

Javon Baker, Luke McCaffrey, Jamari Thrash are probably the best available. Or I guess maybe Johnny Wilson? 

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Receiver market kind of cratered in between picks, so that sucks. 

Javon Baker, Luke McCaffrey, Jamari Thrash are probably the best available. Or I guess maybe Johnny Wilson? 

I'd take Baker

Edit, now he's gone too... with a 16% drop rate I can't really get behind Johnny wilson.. haven't watched any Thrash so I'd vote LMC

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, StevenK said:

We had a draft visit and now he’s also going to visit us. I think he’s going to be our Deebo replacement moving into 2025

I admit I have yet to watch game film of him, but his Senior Bowl reps were impressive. 

2 hours ago, adamq said:

I'd take Baker

Edit, now he's gone too... with a 16% drop rate I can't really get behind Johnny wilson.. haven't watched any Thrash so I'd vote LMC

Luke is gone as well now