3 (94). Jared Wiley, TE, TCU
4 (124). Christian Jones, OT, Texas
4 (132). Zak Zinter, G, Michigan
4 (135). Luke McCaffery, WR, Rice
5 (176). Jordan Magee, LB, Temple
6 (211). Blake Watson, RB, Memphis
6 (215). Khalid Duke, Edge, Kansas State
7 (251). Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee

which is fine, I guess? Newton would be great, not crazy about any of the other selections.  

What's not to like about this draft?! That's impressive, at least to the McCaffery pick. After that, I have little knowledge of any of the rest 

However, I do not believe Newton will last to 31 at all. 

18 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

What's not to like about this draft?! That's impressive, at least to the McCaffery pick. After that, I have little knowledge of any of the rest 

However, I do not believe Newton will last to 31 at all. 

I guess I'd prefer an outside corner over Phillips, I'd probably like to address the OL before Day 3 and I am not super crazy about Wiley in the 3rd. Certainly not a bad mock, but I'm personally not really excited outside of Newton.

1 hour ago, AustrianNiner said:

Dane Brugler did a mock and gave the Niners

1 (31). Jer’Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois
2 (63). Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
3 (94). Jared Wiley, TE, TCU
4 (124). Christian Jones, OT, Texas
4 (132). Zak Zinter, G, Michigan
4 (135). Luke McCaffery, WR, Rice
5 (176). Jordan Magee, LB, Temple
6 (211). Blake Watson, RB, Memphis
6 (215). Khalid Duke, Edge, Kansas State
7 (251). Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee

which is fine, I guess? Newton would be great, not crazy about any of the other selections.  

Newton would be amazing at #31, but I doubt he falls that far.

Phillips is someone I need to watch more of. 

Wiley? Haven't watched much of him either.

Zinter is a rock solid guard. Won't be spectacular but an upgrade over what we have. 

Hadden in the 7th would be be good value.

I'd be satisfied with this draft. 

Looking at Burgler's draft, I may go Nubin or Puni over Phillips and then take Abrams-Draine in the 3rd. 

He has Beebe at 49 and that's where he SHOULD go but no clue if that will be the case.

Brugler is one of the best in the business so most of his work is going to be top notch.   

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Newton would be amazing at #31, but I doubt he falls that far.

Phillips is someone I need to watch more of. 

Wiley? Haven't watched much of him either.

Zinter is a rock solid guard. Won't be spectacular but an upgrade over what we have. 

Hadden in the 7th would be be good value.

I'd be satisfied with this draft. 

Looking at Burgler's draft, I may go Nubin or Puni over Phillips and then take Abrams-Draine in the 3rd. 

He has Beebe at 49 and that's where he SHOULD go but no clue if that will be the case.

Brugler is one of the best in the business so most of his work is going to be top notch.   

I thought Wiley declared last year? 

Nevermind, I got him mixed up with Josh Whyle.  Nothing to see here.  

9 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Gumby

No kidding!

The guy takes good angles, uses his long arms well, and he has really good field speed.  

His style kinda reminds me of merton hanks.  I feel like he projects to be pure deep 1, like earl thomas, although their bodies are very different. 

I couldn't find a lot of stuff to watch because he had so many interviews.  I suppose that is a form of leadership or charisma.

I got really busy and stressed and missed most of my draft prep.  I will be lucky to make it through the 30 player visit before the draft.  

• Like 1

Just now, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

No kidding!

The guy takes good angles, uses his long arms well, and he has really good field speed.  

His style kinda reminds me of merton hanks.  I feel like he projects to be pure deep 1, like earl thomas, although their bodies are very different. 

I couldn't find a lot of stuff to watch because he had so many interviews.  I suppose that is a form of leadership or charisma.

I got really busy and stressed and missed most of my draft prep.  I will be lucky to make it through the 30 player visit before the draft.  

Ah, Merton Hanks is a superb comp, actually. I just can't handle Bullock's lack of physicality in most roles. If you are going some variant of MOFO zone coverage a good chunk of the time, both safeties have fill and tackle responsibility. Like you said, I could definitely be on board with him as a single high safety, but there are very few defenses that specialize in MOFC coverages enough of the time where pure single high safeties without some box/nickel capability are that useful any more. But the fluidity and speed are definitely impressive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Ah, Merton Hanks is a superb comp, actually. I just can't handle Bullock's lack of physicality in most roles. If you are going some variant of MOFO zone coverage a good chunk of the time, both safeties have fill and tackle responsibility. Like you said, I could definitely be on board with him as a single high safety, but there are very few defenses that specialize in MOFC coverages enough of the time where pure single high safeties without some box/nickel capability are that useful any more. But the fluidity and speed are definitely impressive.

Yeah, most MOFC coverages are just cover 3 packages nowadays.  The way the league calls holding and interference makes it hard for the outside guys to not give up the big play. 

I think the team brings him in and feeds him cheeseburgers in hopes he can end up at 6'2 215, without losing too much of his speed.  Even if he got a little slower, he has enough other positive traits that he would probably end up being better overall at a bigger/slower playing weight.  

Merton Hanks GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Contrary to some people's mistaken assumptions, this is not "The Chicken Dance". Merton said he was doing "The Pigeon" which is a dance performed by Bert on Sesame Street. He did it as a shout out to his daughter to let her know he was thinking about her. In case you didn't know...if you did, sorry. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I'm curious where all the second tier tackles when in Brugler's draft.  Specifically Kingsley, Rosengarten, Morgan, and Kiran. 

Morgan 30

Kingsley 34 

Rosengarten 78

Kiran 85

• Like 1