2024 Draft

Ftn49

Just now, Forge said:

That would be such a zag to me since shanny doesn't go to the combine. Would have to be another type of meeting where they spoke with shanny for sure

I agree. That's why I think Xavier Legette is probably the target. Here are the other top 30 visits. Side note: if you trade Aiyuk, your WR depth (even if you draft a WR in the first round) still needs another guy. I'd guess they double up and take a mid-round WR.

Top 30 Visit 

WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina

WR Javon Baker, UCF

WR Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky

WR Jacob Cowing, Arizona

WR Johnny Wilson, FSU

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I agree. That's why I think Xavier Legette is probably the target. Here are the other top 30 visits. Side note: if you trade Aiyuk, your WR depth (even if you draft a WR in the first round) still needs another guy. I'd guess they double up and take a mid-round WR.

Top 30 Visit 

WR Javon Baker, UCF

WR Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky

WR Jacob Cowing, Arizona

WR Johnny Wilson, FSU

Pretty sure bub means had a 30 too, but he's a late day 3 pick. 

Focus on receiver really seems to be rounds 2-4

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

The 49ers really only have one WR in the top 30 visits whom I'd consider being a potential first-round pick in Xavier Legette. I think we would need to look at players they have met with at the combine, which has more options. I'd say Xavier Legette is probabaly the pick at 31 if Aiyuk is traded. 

Combine

WR Xavier Worthy, Texas

WR Brian Thomas Jr, LSU

WR Ladd McConkey, Georgia

WR Brenden Rice, USC

WR Bub Means, Pitt

WR Jalen McMillan, Washington

WR Luke McCaffrey, Rice

If they are trying to replace Aiyuk with Legette, that would leave us with no WRs who can actually run good routes lol.  I'd bet the under on our season win total lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhyAmIHere said:

If they are trying to replace Aiyuk with Legette, that would leave us with no WRs who can actually run good routes lol.  I'd bet the under on our season win total lol. 

OBJ is a FA lmao

Maybe some receivers came in during the last (silent) 9. 

I do think we will draft 2 receivers total. I have to imagine a speed/kick returner as well as a route runner. 

Depending on how everything plays out, I like Javon Baker (3rd/4th round) and Anthony Gould (5/6th round). 

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I just don't see why you don't want Speed AND Routes with McConkey.  Or Speed AND Size with Legette.  Why just speed?  meh, Worthy is friggin' 160 lbs lol. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 4

Josh Norris' yearly mock the night before is generally very good. He seems very plugged into the draft. He seems to have some real inside info. Nailed a few things the last two years. At 27:25 he says that he has heard that aiyuk is getting traded.

Wish he would have said the team. Doesn't sound like it's for a first round pick because it wasn't in the mock. 

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Without aiyuk, we will need some speed and someone to stretch the field. 

I am in on worthy of we trade aiyuk, but he isn't really an X WR. We wouldn't have one on the roster without aiyuk. 

I also understand the idea we can manufacture touches for WRs in this offense, and if your main role is stretching the field then you don't need someone making 25m to do it, but we had better get a WR who is ready to play day 1, because Kyle isn't someone who relies on young WRs.

So it's hard to spend the time to actually develop a WR just to let them walk. We've missed on a lot of WRs here, and it doesn't seem like Kyle wants a young player getting snaps. Something in his evaluation of players and how he develops them is wrong/broken. It's a huge risk to take in a year when we are trying to finally get over the hump. Feels backwards. Would need to add a WR and get another starter to make it feel worth it. Robbing Peter to pay Paul at that point. 

• Like 1

Alright, I'll be the guy, Worthy is one of the few first round options that would get me excited. Him at full speed motion at the snap could be a great weapon, I see it just like DJ. However, he clearly would be a supplementary piece to Aiyuk, rather than his replacement. If they trade Aiyuk, McConkey certainly makes more sense, although I'm a bit concerned about the nagging injuries he had in college. I get the concerns about Worthy's weight, but I think he could put on some mass without losing his speed. 

Legette is the one I don't get. He is so stiff and it takes him forever to turn, I really want him to succeed in the NFL, but I'm not sure he will. 

• Like 1