GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

5 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm here to be entertained. Not have my opinions vindicated.

I've said this 1000 times. People would rather be "right" than enjoying things and it's far easier to be negative because anything less than a super bowl win justifies negativity. 

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

I've said this 1000 times. People would rather be "right" than enjoying things and it's far easier to be negative because anything less than a super bowl win justifies negativity. 

Yep exactly. They'll be "right" almost always. You have people calling 2010 a fluke so they were still right even when we won.

They're geniuses and we can never compare to them. We're just homers

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Probably under neutral imo. We beat the browns in OT. 

I'm not saying it's equal to blow outs or beating the best teams in football.

I'm saying when the team comes back and rallies, those who are constantly negative, guess what... They're still constantly negative. Nothing changes. Won lose or draw. They act identically.

They root against victory. They root against winning games. 

Sorry that I don't like that. I doubt there's a member of this organization that likes it either. But they know all the problems so I'm a terrible homer guy for enjoying more meaningful football.

I hear you, but the Negatives' assertion is that we are only barely better than the Browns.  And in today's game, we proved that.  So in their/my eyes, not much has changed.

I have a lot of conflicting feelings - I'm happy we get a chance to possibly see Rodgers for a playoff run.  But I'm also very worried he may not be ready, or we may not make it anyway, and by winning what turns out to be meaningless games, we don't make the changes we sorely need, and will miss out on an impact player in the draft.  And worry that if we do make it into the playoffs, our defense gets trounced again, but since we made it, Capers stays on another year.

My feelings are a lot more complicated than just, "Yay we won."

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This team, that takes the field, is overperforming lately. 

Most definitely. And as frustrating as Mac can be sometimes, this is because of the culture he created.

The minute you step onto a field as a Packer under his reign, you are expected to win. People saying Hue is a great coach, but he clearly hasn't built that culture.

Obviously having Rodgers helps but Mac is now 3-5 with one of the worst QBs in the league. 

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This team, that takes the field, is overperforming lately. 

Barely beating the Bears, Bucs and Browns? This is just another case of making excuses for the coaches.

So I take it you hate Ted then? Since we have no talent? 

So if Rodgers comes back, we went 3-4 with Hundley starting.

Given we are apparently a one-man team without its one-man and have most of our corners on or going to IR, that's actually pretty decent. Personally just happy we kept the season alive for another week and has given me a reason to watch the Seattle game. For all the talk of draft slots, its a heck of a long time till the 2018 season starts so the  last thing you want to do is write this season off before we have to. 

Yeah its Browns,  yeah we got a few breaks, who cares ...   fire the coaches etc when the season's over.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

? I thought the Packers were playing the Browns. Seriously, I missed the end of the game. How did the Packers get the ball in overtime? 

Kizer panicked and threw the ball as he got hit, INT. But there was a bad penalty missed on Randall.

8 minutes ago, th87 said:

I hear you, but the Negatives' assertion is that we are only barely better than the Browns.  And in today's game, we proved that.  So in their/my eyes, not much has changed.

I have a lot of conflicting feelings - I'm happy we get a chance to possibly see Rodgers for a playoff run.  But I'm also very worried he may not be ready, or we may not make it anyway, and by winning what turns out to be meaningless games, we don't make the changes we sorely need, and will miss out on an impact player in the draft.  And worry that if we do make it into the playoffs, our defense gets trounced again, but since we made it, Capers stays on another year.

My feelings are a lot more complicated than just, "Yay we won."

Are we almost good as Pittsburgh without Rodgers too?

See....

We proved we were almost as good as the Steelers without Rodgers, remember?

It's that easy.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Kizer panicked and threw the ball as he got hit, INT. But there was a bad penalty missed on Randall.

Thanks, Norm.  So the refs missed a penalty? So what? Remember the replacement refs missing Golden Tate pushing down one of the Packer's DB's in the end zone on the last play of that Seattle game? Karma.

Archived