The Good, The Bad, The Winless Donkeys: Week #1 Post-Game Chat

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I didn’t think our run blocking was particularly good though, something doesn’t jive there for me………..

Most of the time it was the te or fb missing blocks also kinda looked like they got used to blocking for zues who has a diff running style than jj

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 6:46 AM, Ryno said:

Following the discussion of blocking, and as mentioned above the issues with TE and FB.

*Usual click-baitey title but giving Sanjit credit, his breakdowns appear to have improved and the editing is so much cleaner than TDLs... 

I was wondering why Sanjit got hated on. Every Youtuber ends up going the click bait route, but at least he's showing clips from the game. I appreciated that he highlighted the offensive line's wins while showing how plays were getting blown up due to TE blocking in some cases.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I was wondering why Sanjit got hated on. Every Youtuber ends up going the click bait route, but at least he's showing clips from the game. I appreciated that he highlighted the offensive line's wins while showing how plays were getting blown up due to TE blocking in some cases.

He seems to be improving his video quality which is a good thing. However, he’s been too much of a homer over the years to be taken seriously yet. If you can’t be realistic about who we are or overhype players, the opinion doesn’t really matter. 

There is a fine line between analysis and rooting for your team. Just keep it real. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, true2form said:

He seems to be improving his video quality which is a good thing. However, he’s been too much of a homer over the years to be taken seriously yet. If you can’t be realistic about who we are or overhype players, the opinion doesn’t really matter. 

There is a fine line between analysis and rooting for your team. Just keep it real. 

He's surely optimistic, but that's probably the actual fan in him coming out. But he notably was not a big fan of the entire draft. He liked Tyree, did not like Meyer. Like Tucker, but not Young. Decently impartial and at least not following the media verbatim.

But I digress, was just curious why because his content is better to me than Wifi Willie (who is unbearable) and just about any other channel I've seen. 

7 hours ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

He's surely optimistic, but that's probably the actual fan in him coming out. But he notably was not a big fan of the entire draft. He liked Tyree, did not like Meyer. Like Tucker, but not Young. Decently impartial and at least not following the media verbatim.

But I digress, was just curious why because his content is better to me than Wifi Willie (who is unbearable) and just about any other channel I've seen. 

Willie is over the top lol. I do like that he covers everything though. Some aren’t willing to mention the negative things about the team and I want all the news, not just the good stuff.

I honestly haven’t found a good content creator yet. They all seem to be deficient in one area or another unfortunately. 

11 hours ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Thats the only reason I watch him is his cut ups and graphs or charts  and most of the time I turn down the volume.

2 hours ago, true2form said:

Willie is over the top lol. I do like that he covers everything though. Some aren’t willing to mention the negative things about the team and I want all the news, not just the good stuff.

I honestly haven’t found a good content creator yet. They all seem to be deficient in one area or another unfortunately. 

My faves are Tape Don’t Lie, Put On Waivers and a The Autumn Windbags. TDL (who do a lot of excellent film breakdowns e.g. recently a deep dive into Hobbs’ new role on D) and POW are more Xs and Os. The Windbags more opinion based (and funny as hell). 

I think they all keep it real. No daft hype like some of the other clowns. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 10:46 AM, true2form said:

Agree. I can’t forget this quote “tyree basically gives the ot a day off” that was gold and accurate. Iirc he has a oline background too