The Good, The Bad, The Winless Donkeys: Week #1 Post-Game Chat

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I just can't understand some of this reasoning. Here's a guy who made Jalen Ramsey look silly. And he has no fit in our offense?  Renfrow has talent, I'm confused why we're unable or willing to use him. 

I mean I have expressed similar concerns about McDaniels fitting the system to players in his scheme (Carr, Renfrow, etc.)

OL looking awesome for pass blocking. Run blocking is another story

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think we might see similar to the Patriots a ‘horses for courses’ approach whereby different players are targeted each week depending upon the matchups or strengths and weaknesses, Meyers was a beneficiary this week but I can imagine it gets spread about during the season. Hopefully so anyway!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I just can't understand some of this reasoning. Here's a guy who made Jalen Ramsey look silly. And he has no fit in our offense?  Renfrow has talent, I'm confused why we're unable or willing to use him. 

I think this coaching staff focuses heavily on exploiting specific matchups (which is why it was always frustrating to own NE players in fantasy) so wouldn’t be shocked to see wild swings in targets, snaps, etc. depending on the tendencies of the team we are playing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think we might see similar to the Patriots a ‘horses for courses’ approach whereby different players are targeted each week depending upon the matchups or strengths and weaknesses, Meyers was a beneficiary this week but I can imagine it gets spread about during the season. Hopefully so anyway!

Haha! Beat me to it by a minute. Great minds think alike! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Diablo definitely passed the eye test but great to see him also getting some PFF love as well. 

If he didn’t have that facemask- which was totally unnecessary as he just didn’t need to do it to make the play - it would have been a very encouraging performance

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Diablo definitely passed the eye test but great to see him also getting some PFF love as well. 

Deablo is one of the weirdest draft picks for me because he was a stud in coverage playing safety in college, then got huge and was playing the run well but covering badly. If he can do both, he can be a huge asset.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That’s exactly how it should be, both ends working in harmony. Russell feel the pressure and looks left like he means to bail from the pocket but Koonce has the pincer movement and allows Crosby to finish. Please let Koonce start and see what he produces Mr Graham.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That’s exactly how it should be, both ends working in harmony. Russell feel the pressure and looks left like he means to bail from the pocket but Koonce has the pincer movement and allows Crosby to finish. Please let Koonce start and see what he produces Mr Graham.

I'm whining for asking for it tho 😂