The Good, The Bad, The Winless Donkeys: Week #1 Post-Game Chat

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Divine Deablo played a really strong game. He looked confident, athletic, and instinctive. Would be dope if he took a major step forward this year.

I was also impressed with our secondary’s tackling (Hobbs, Bennett, Moehrig, and Epps all came up with solid open field stops). 

Tyree Wilson looked like a JAG out there. Sucks to see Jalen Carter immediately wrecking games in Philly. I know it’s only game 1 and he has a very high ceiling but that glacial get off is not it. 

That’s how you evaluate. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What would you say our biggest issue was today? Lack of speed on O? No concept of deep passes? Discipline? Lack of playmaker on D? For me, I'd go back to what has been the issue since we had Sapp, Tommy Kelly, etc.

We have zero push or passrush threat on the IDL.

Tough to say in my opinion. Playing in mile high elevation is a different animal. A lot of team don’t perform there well. Plus playing an opponent who is familiar with the team.

Next week vs Buffalo I will get a different reading

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What would you say our biggest issue was today? Lack of speed on O? No concept of deep passes? Discipline? Lack of playmaker on D? For me, I'd go back to what has been the issue since we had Sapp, Tommy Kelly, etc.

We have zero push or passrush threat on the IDL.

Run blocking, te and dline play except when koonce is out there 

we have to be able to run

offense kinda needs the te’s to work the middle so our wrs don’t have to

dline was garbage until koonce came in

6 hours ago, riceman80 said:

You mustve have missed part of my post. I said we need another playmaker on D more than anything. IMO, McDaniels glaringly held back an exceptionally talented offense. That's the part that needs unlocked. Terrible playcalling on both sides of the ball but offense was especially terrible. Renfrow and the TE position in general were non existent. And on a day where the pass protection was excellent and gave Jimmy time to go through reads.

The defense is severely lacking talent as usual but I thought the playcalling made it much worse.

Unquestioned #1 need is a defensive playmaker. I honestly don't even care at what position. Just somebody who can make big plays besides Maxx.

we need more than 1 play maker on def. we need 2-3 easily. need a S and DT and LB. need one on each level all up middle.  

agreed though maxx stud. too reliant on him. if Wilson starts to flash we will be solid on ends. 

offense moved ball decently but oline gave Jacobs no room.  Jimmy G is what he is. 15 and under. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Run blocking, te and dline play except when koonce is out there 

we have to be able to run

offense kinda needs the te’s to work the middle so our wrs don’t have to

dline was garbage until koonce came in

renfrow wasn't open at all? strange no targets

11 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Ugly: That dirty f***** who took out Jakobi. Seems like  Sean Payton did bring a new mentality to the Jacka**es.

Do you guys actually believe this, though? Like, honestly - do you actually think it's a dirty play?

Kareem Jackson committed to the target area and Meyers CLEARLY slid and lowers his height in a millisecond by doing so. It's like a yard short of the first down with the game on the line; what do you think your coaching staff are telling the player to do there?

Taking the emotion out of what happened to the poor guy, it's not a dirty play, I am sorry. It's super unfortunate, but it's not dirty.

Congrats on the win. I would say you shaded it on the balance of the game, and made plays at the right time whereas we did the exact opposite. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

You haven’t evaluated anything,. You pre determined before the game that if we won you would downplay it. Pretty pathetic imo. 

I will say that equally those that are using Jimmy Gs performance to take shots at DC are equally as pathetic, he’s gone, move on. 

Trivia question: When was the last time the broncos beat us?

21 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Do you guys actually believe this, though? Like, honestly - do you actually think it's a dirty play?

Kareem Jackson committed to the target area and Meyers CLEARLY slid and lowers his height in a millisecond by doing so. It's like a yard short of the first down with the game on the line; what do you think your coaching staff are telling the player to do there?

Taking the emotion out of what happened to the poor guy, it's not a dirty play, I am sorry. It's super unfortunate, but it's not dirty.

Congrats on the win. I would say you shaded it on the balance of the game, and made plays at the right time whereas we did the exact opposite. 

I get that football happens, and you're right emotions can be high during the games.

I don't think it's too out of the question to think that way though considering Payton's history and the timing of the play. Meyers was a thorn and although I'll never know, i wouldn't put it past Payton to tell the defense to stop him at all costs.

48 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Trivia question: When was the last time the broncos beat us?

As I said you haven’t evaluated the game you pre determined to downplay it. Pathetic but unsurprising. 

My guess is the short week for the Bills will be thrown out there just in case in the (unlikely) event we were to win. 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dessie said:

As I said you haven’t evaluated the game you pre determined to downplay it. Pathetic but unsurprising. 

My guess is the short week for the Bills will be thrown out there just in case in the (unlikely) event we were to win. 

Just saying im not evaluating because it validates any homer emotions you may be feeling because I didnt blindly say all positive things after a win does mean im not evaluating. It means you're emotional lol. 

22 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Just saying im not evaluating because it validates any homer emotions you may be feeling because I didnt blindly say all positive things after a win does mean im not evaluating. It means you're emotional lol. 

Lol, what did you evaluate? You had already decided it wasn’t a win to be happy about it. You blindly just refer to our recent record against the Broncos. 

Unfortunately for you, you have  decided that you don’t like the FO so now can’t give an objective opinion. I’ll look forward to you trotting out some excuses each week just in case we get a win. 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 3