The Good, The Bad, The Winless Donkeys: Week #1 Post-Game Chat

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Dessie said:

Of course you have to be that guy. A few in here will have sleepless nights thinking of excuses why we won. 

It's not an excuse. This is our seventh win in a row against the broncos. It's just being realistic is all.

If I wanted to be even more realistic, I would've also mentioned that this is also the lowest with scored against them in two years. Despite having more weapons, more McDaniels, acclimated weapons, and a QB more acclimated to Mcdaniels system that many would even say, is an upgrade at quarterback(Which to anyone paying attention besides the win loss column would actually be more of the concern.)

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It's not an excuse. This is our seventh win in a row against the broncos. It's just being realistic is all.

If I wanted to be even more realistic, I would've also mentioned that this is also the lowest with scored against them in two years. Despite having more weapons, more McDaniels, acclimated weapons, and a QB more acclimated to Mcdaniels system that many would even say, is an upgrade at quarterback(Which to anyone paying attention besides the win loss column would actually be more of the concern.)

You seem to be spending more time worrying about why we won rather than enjoying it, sums it up tbh. Saints are short of fans, do us all a favour and go cheer them. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders gotta figure out that opposite DE rotation. Tyree looked tired. Tillery was useless there. Koonce was the best. Chandler Jones maybe comes back. Idk

PG has to bring the blitz a little more cause teams are just doubling Maxx and it’s a clean pocket 

I'd rather see Wilson rush inside at this point in his career. He will be more effective there IMHO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

You seem to be spending more time worrying about why we won rather than enjoying it, sums it up tbh. Saints are short of fans, do us all a favour and go cheer them. 

Ok so never evaluate just celebrate, even when you already expected to win. Makes sense. Typical raider fan response.

Complete team win today. Everyone did their part. Jimmy I’ll highlight cause I’ve been skeptical was great, played how I thought he would, smart and consistent. Not sure what he was thinking on the pick. 

Silly mistakes cost us a chance to win big, but we found a way to still win. That’s ultimately all that matters. 

need to clean up the run blocking. 

hope meyers ok. 

it’s ok for week 1 to be sloppy, but some of the penalties are pretty inexcusable 

Props to Jimmy today. He’s very different to Carr, and this isn’t a Carr-bashing type post btw, merely highlighting a contrast between the two. The speed at which Jimmy gets the ball out is unreal; he didn’t really remotely look like getting sacked today, whereas with Carr that was always a worry. When your OL isn’t great, that takes a lot of pressure off the big guys, so I think he’s a better fit for our offense in that regard.

• Like 1