The Good, The Bad, The Winless Donkeys: Week #1 Post-Game Chat

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Where is Hunter Renfrow? Does he still have any trade value left

Tyree looked very lethargic out there to me. I wasn’t impressed by his showing today. I know hes super young and coming off an injury, but you expect a top ten guy to flash here and there no matter how raw they may be. 

TYREE slow af I told y’all he mid and Carter the goat 

48 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well, I mean the only thing they got better at was coach what should I traded the first round pick for. They didn't have a first round pick this year(which they would've been picking fifth overall if they did)

So I do have an idea if they got better or not. 

but again, this is all evaluation. I think we'll all be doing a lot more evaluating around this time next Sunday. 

This. 

Winning cures everything. However, you still have to be realistic about our chances going forward. We barely beat a bad team. 

Some will focus on the win and being in “first place”. Have fun for the week if you want. 

I’m concerned even more than I was going into the season. 

• Like 2

Divine Deablo played a really strong game. He looked confident, athletic, and instinctive. Would be dope if he took a major step forward this year.

I was also impressed with our secondary’s tackling (Hobbs, Bennett, Moehrig, and Epps all came up with solid open field stops). 

Tyree Wilson looked like a JAG out there. Sucks to see Jalen Carter immediately wrecking games in Philly. I know it’s only game 1 and he has a very high ceiling but that glacial get off is not it. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, true2form said:

This. 

Winning cures everything. However, you still have to be realistic about our chances going forward. We barely beat a bad team. 

Some will focus on the win and being in “first place”. Have fun for the week if you want. 

I'll be wearing my raider jacket tomorrow too but when it comes down to it we have to be realistic here.

16 minutes ago, true2form said:

This. 

Ah man games are played week to week, we got things to clean up but beating a division rival on the road week one with all the new pieces we have and all the **** they talked. Let's enjoy the win. I mean we actually could have blown this game wide open if not for some things that were not ideal. But you choose to focus on the negative I guess.

• Like 1

I think my biggest concerns were the secondary and dumb penalties. I think we all had these concerns before the start of the season but it’s also week 1. Let’s see what happens next week. Also, the O line definitely is in that bend don’t break mold but I have hope they’ll grow as the season goes on. I’m excited for the Buffalo game. If we can build two wins in a row I’ll be feeling good.