Ryan Tannehill Countdown to the End " The End has come."

KingTitan

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I actually think it’s starting Willis. This is of course, assuming that Tanny will be out multiple weeks.

Let’s say we have two weeks of no Tannehill. Ok. Start Wills, in a situation where you know he’s starting, he knows, and he plays from the beginning. If he sucks, so what? If it’s abysmally bad, you can sub in Levis. If he doesn’t suck as bad, we at least see if he’s worth keeping around/will he get us literally anything in a trade.

More importantly, you give Levis another week to sit and learn the offense and prepare for a game. If he’s going to be a long term starter for the team, he needs to be put in the best possible situation to succeed, and having the extra practice reps (and potentially being able, even if bad, to look better than the other option) would be huge for his development and confidence.

We aren’t competing fir anything, and there will be games to go around. No need to rush Levis onto the field prematurely.

I just think it’s glaringly obvious that Malik Willis isn’t an NFL caliber qb. Trotting him out there to try and sell him to other teams is a waste of time. 

RC traded up to draft Levis. Let’s quick effing around with Tannehill and Willis and start seeing what a real, possible future could look like wirh Will Levis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

https://x.com/JeffDarlington/status/1714262214452879683?s=20

based on this and what Vrabel said yesterday, I expect Tanny to start against Atlanta as long as he’s even like 75%

vrabel just can’t and won’t get out of his own way here, I fear 

its objectively WRONG if levis isn’t starting vs ATL

Avoided surgery.  So he will be back at some point this year. 

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

Vrabel is basically saying that a hobbled QB who has thrown 2 TDs and 6 INTs in six games gives us our best chance to win

how?

I guess by not taking four sacks in five snaps in a situation where taking a sack is the one thing you absolutely can't do?

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Will Levis hasn’t been sacked once this season😎

In all seriousness, and trying to assume that our staff isn't completely incompetent, I would think hesitancy to play Levis is because he's probably not ready, and they hope not to ruin him.  Willis was next level bad taking sacks, but lack of pocket presence was literally the worst thing about Levis.  I don't think he's going to do well in a situation where there's pressure in his face.  And you don't want to be in a situation where you're getting a young QB David Carr syndrome when he's already at high risk.

There's plenty of season left for Levis to see the field, and between Tannehill's injuries and our overall lack of competitiveness, we'll get there.  I do not want the staff to rush a QB out there when he's not ready.  Don't keep him off completely, but don't sacrifice his development to appease impatient fans either.

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

In all seriousness, and trying to assume that our staff isn't completely incompetent, I would think hesitancy to play Levis is because he's probably not ready, and they hope not to ruin him.  Willis was next level bad taking sacks, but lack of pocket presence was literally the worst thing about Levis.  I don't think he's going to do well in a situation where there's pressure in his face.  And you don't want to be in a situation where you're getting a young QB David Carr syndrome when he's already at high risk.

There's plenty of season left for Levis to see the field, and between Tannehill's injuries and our overall lack of competitiveness, we'll get there.  I do not want the staff to rush a QB out there when he's not ready.  Don't keep him off completely, but don't sacrifice his development to appease impatient fans either.

if he's not ready after a bye to face a pretty bad falcons team why would he magically be ready at some later point when the team around him is struggling even worse? the idea that allowing the losses and attrition to pile up to buy him time would somehow put him in a *better* situation seems a bit silly to me. the supporting cast is what it is this year. he's either ready or he's not.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 3

On 10/17/2023 at 9:08 AM, -Hope- said:

the fact that vrabel cares more about trying to claw his way to 8-9 this year than setting himself up for future success is not a ringing endorsement of his intelligence 

That's my problem with him. This half way rebuild will not work.

On 10/20/2023 at 8:43 PM, Justin615$ said:

That's my problem with him. This half way rebuild will not work.

Interesting concept.  A full re-build is to tank the season?  Henry, RT and possibly DHop are probably in their last year on the team along with some others.  But hurry and screw the season is the way to go?  I don't get the logic?  So it is smart to try to lose?  Really?  I'd argue this lose mentality is darn near full retard.