Ryan Tannehill Countdown to the End " The End has come."

KingTitan

6 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

We know that was for the other guy making claims Willis ain’t ain’t got better can’t run as good. You can’t find anyone that knows ball spoke about his improvements over last yr but you know some watch the film others watch highlights 

Who said he hasn’t got better? It would be almost impossible not to improve from the dumpster fire that was 2022 Malik. I just don’t think that small improvement leads to some kind of crazy jump. I also don’t see what the great physical ability he has that people like to talk about. He looks slow for the NFL. 

Edited by Mesa_Titan

3 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Who said he hasn’t got better? It would be almost impossible not to improve from the dumpster fire that was 2022 Malik. I just don’t think that small improvement leads to some kind of crazy jump. I also don’t see what the great physical ability he has that people like to talk about. He looks slow for the NFL. 

Go look at the film, film don’t lie add the fact he did that with lil to nothing weapons TE’s dropping balls not being where they suppose to be sitting in the zone. Yes he still had some bad moments but it was way more good than bad, & you ask how he’s going to get better game reps. You can’t get better messa, splitting practice reps with 2 other QB’s not being able to be hit in practice or get a feel for a live game. He lost weight he was playing faster running, & was sitting in the pocket going through his reads. 

The Tannehill era probably ended today in the way we’ve (the Titans organization, not the fans) been begging for it to end for years. Give an aging QB with declining athleticism the abomination of an OL we’ve given him the last couple years and the injuries are inevitable. For his sake, I really hope we don’t let him push and rush himself back only to get hurt again.

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The Tannehill era probably ended today in the way we’ve (the Titans organization, not the fans) been begging for it to end for years. Give an aging QB with declining athleticism the abomination of an OL we’ve given him the last couple years and the injuries are inevitable. For his sake, I really hope we don’t let him push and rush himself back only to get hurt again.

for his sake and ours, frankly. would be an absolutely astonishing waste of time to put a hobbled tannehill back out there

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

for his sake and ours, frankly. would be an absolutely astonishing waste of time to put a hobbled tannehill back out there

I'm afraid Vrabel may be so stubborn he does just that. God I hope not. If so I may have to jump on the train of maybe him not being the coach much longer

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I'm afraid Vrabel may be so stubborn he does just that. God I hope not. If so I may have to jump on the train of maybe him not being the coach much longer

Vrabel’s stubborn but I do think it gets overstated how stubborn he is. He’s certainly waited too long to make certain changes (Dennis Dailey last year, the 2020 DC situation, ect.) but he also has shown a willingness to change things when needed or obvious(Mariota benching, Fulton/Dillard benching today, more modern offense with Tim Kelly, ect.).

I think today was Ryan's last game as staring QB for the Titans. 
All QB's don't play into their 40's. 

Ryan was never just a pocket QB. Wear and tear. Played WR for bit. Injuries to ACL and ankles.

Worst start of his career (don't know just guessing). 

Sadly, it's time.  He had a great run here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

He followed up saying RT will start it he can go

uuf

Well, dudes easily the toughest QB we’ve had since McNair, so it would not surprise me if he frankensteined it two weeks from now…

He feels his job slipping away, can’t blame him too much. 

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Well, dudes easily the toughest QB we’ve had since McNair, so it would not surprise me if he frankensteined it two weeks from now…

He feels his job slipping away, can’t blame him too much. 

that's irrelevant though. It's not Ryan's decision on if he starts or not, it's Vrabel's. The best thing for the tennessee titans right now is to start Levis and see what he can do. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

that's irrelevant though. It's not Ryan's decision on if he starts or not, it's Vrabel's. The best thing for the tennessee titans right now is to start Levis and see what he can do. 

I'd understand if Vrabel felt like he was coaching for his job, but he's surely got a couple more years at worst. Starting RT does nothing for him or this franchise in the short term and is a detriment to the long term. 

If I was RT, I'd take the clipboard for this season, let my body heal completely, and try to take a job somewhere next year that's going to need a QB like ATL.

15 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I actually think it’s starting Willis. This is of course, assuming that Tanny will be out multiple weeks.

Let’s say we have two weeks of no Tannehill. Ok. Start Wills, in a situation where you know he’s starting, he knows, and he plays from the beginning. If he sucks, so what? If it’s abysmally bad, you can sub in Levis. If he doesn’t suck as bad, we at least see if he’s worth keeping around/will he get us literally anything in a trade.

More importantly, you give Levis another week to sit and learn the offense and prepare for a game. If he’s going to be a long term starter for the team, he needs to be put in the best possible situation to succeed, and having the extra practice reps (and potentially being able, even if bad, to look better than the other option) would be huge for his development and confidence.

We aren’t competing fir anything, and there will be games to go around. No need to rush Levis onto the field prematurely.