Ryan Tannehill Countdown to the End " The End has come."

KingTitan

I really don't care if it's Tannehill fault or not anymore. 

I just want him gone. 

Yes. Things could be so much worse than him. But something needs to happen. 

This offense is sucking my love for the NFL and Titans week by week. 

So frustrating to watch teams I would consider inferior play offense with a sense of intelligence. 

Maybe they not inferior. We are. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I just want him gone. 

So frustrating to watch teams I would consider inferior play offense with a sense of intelligence. 

Yup.

guy passed for 104 yards today, we got 5 first downs (6 with a penalty) and scored 3 points

our QB is giving us basically zero to overcome the messes we have going on elsewhere. Is that all on Tanny? Hell no. But he’s more often a neutral/minus to this offense than a plus 

and yes — I know Mahomes himself would’ve had a bad game today behind our OL.  A lot of things can be true at once. 

Edited by deeluxx3

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I just want him gone. 

100%. we're just in neutral. it's wasted time, it's miserable to watch, there's literally no reason whatsoever to follow the titans right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll say this about Tannehill

whether this is his last season here or if we extend him another 5 (50/50 chance it goes either way as far as I’m concerned)

for a guy who some fans have wanted to replace since the AFCCG… whether the criticism was warranted or not …

this is a guy and QB who deserves massive respect, props, and all the free drinks in Nashville moving forward

for us to cycle thru three mental midgets and charmin soft QBs after McNair (young, locker and Mariota)…Tanny is the toughest SOB we got and has brought us the best titans football we have watched in 20 years

hes not perfect. He’s qb purgatory. But he’s done awesome things as a titan. Great leader, hard worker, and a good NFL QB.

thanks for everything so far and for what’s to come, 17

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

whether this is his last season here or if we extend him another 5 (50/50 chance it goes either way as far as I’m concerned)

for a guy who some fans have wanted to replace since the AFCCG… whether the criticism was warranted or not …

this is a guy and QB who deserves massive respect, props, and all the free drinks in Nashville moving forward

for us to cycle thru three mental midgets and charmin soft QBs after McNair (young, locker and Mariota)…Tanny is the toughest SOB we got and has brought us the best titans football we have watched in 20 years

hes not perfect. He’s qb purgatory. But he’s done awesome things as a titan. Great leader, hard worker, and a good NFL QB.

I wish I could like this 20 times. I’ve never had more fun watching Titans games than when Ryan Tannehill was under center. 

20 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

He brought stability and made it be exciting to be a Titans fan again, but I think his time in Nashville is over.  Even if he plays mostly better for the rest of the season, the age is showing on him, and he's just had unforgivably bad games.  I think the chances of a re-sign are way less than 50/50 unless he just starts balling out and winning lots of games.

But yes, agreed.

• Like 2

I think his days as a Titan are over, too, but wouldn't necessarily bet on it. If they're not convinced by the end of the year that one of Malik/Levis can take over, I wouldn't rule out them bringing him back. He should be rather cheap, and we can afford it.

It's a tough situation for everyone involved, because he generally isn't the problem...but he's 100% not the solution. 

Hard to stand in front of the team and say, this guy is playing fine, he's probably our best chance to win...but he needs to sit so we can find out if either of theses other guys are worth anything. I would think if he had to miss a couple/few games he could lose his job to one of the other guys, but at best he gets benched when we are eliminated. I think he starts every game this year barring injury, just because Vrabel isn't going to do that to RT. 

51 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

It's a tough situation for everyone involved, because he generally isn't the problem...but he's 100% not the solution. 

Hard to stand in front of the team and say, this guy is playing fine, he's probably our best chance to win...but he needs to sit so we can find out if either of theses other guys are worth anything. I would think if he had to miss a couple/few games he could lose his job to one of the other guys, but at best he gets benched when we are eliminated. I think he starts every game this year barring injury, just because Vrabel isn't going to do that to RT. 

He’s a 100% the problem because him on the team means we’re stalling at a rebuild I don’t see why not we’re not a contender why play ourselves out of good draft capital with lil draft capital we have. This organization is stuck on stupid & in 1995

I still love Ryan. Since the Saints game, he’s been the same guy that he’s always been. A good NFL QB. But it’s the nicest version of a toxic relationship possible at this point. Nobody is benefitting. They’re both just miserably delaying the inevitable breakup. He’s just going to make us good enough to win seven or eight games, which is only harmful long term. Meanwhile, he’s going to take an absolute beating and waste one of the last two to three good years of his career.