Week 2: VIKINGS (0-1) at Eagles (1-0)

vike daddy

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

Watch the game if you want to talk about the team. You’re out of your depth here using PPG without the context of turnovers, etc. The defense is MARKEDLY better. 11th in defensive DVOA so far this year.

I mean, you can choose to use any singular statistic you want to use.  You choose to use DVOA, and completely brush off PPG.  Minnesota is T-16th in takeaways with a bunch of teams despite playing an extra game.  They're 19th in opponents 3rd down conversion percentage.  They're 29th in EXP according to PFR.  They're 23rd in opponents scoring percentage.  They're 21st in pressure percentage.  And that's not say that I don't believe that the offensive issues with ball security aren't a HUGE reason for their struggles.

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

GMs get credit for finding and winning UDFAs. You are specifically trying to discredit KAM by taking the absolute most cynical angle you can about the moves.

UDFAs count in a draft class. GMs get credit for recognizing the talent AND convincing them to sign.

Because he's willing to flex his financial muscle that others aren't?  I mean, if that's your idea of a good GM than Dan Snyder should get GM of the Year award too many times over for all their stupid signings.  LIS, players sign with 2 teams usually for 1 of 2 reasons: money or opportunity.  Again, not using it to discredit KAM by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm merely saying you shouldn't lump them in with the draft picks.  Now, if all incoming players were in the same pool of players and it came down to $$$ then sure, I could see why you would compare them.  But they're not.  Players drafted are slotted into draft slots with set bonuses.  It's like saying apples and oranges are pretty much the same thing because they're both fruit.

Im going to contradict myself here a bit but i find it odd to already be questioning KAM as a GM after as it looks right now a bad first draft. Does he deserve some criticism? Sure. But its just odd to do it this soon.

It took Spielman how many years before anyone ever started to question him? Dude had a god awful 2016 and 2017 draft and no one batted an eye. I can only imagine the distaste towards KAM if he does that or did that.  If you go back and look at Spielmans drafts i really dont think he was that good of a drafter either. He hit on a decent amount of FRP where GMs should  hit but can still inevitably miss because its a hard job to do (Spielman had his fair share of misses in the 1st as well). But anything outside of the 1st and some 2nd round picks where he still had a bunch of misses he wasnt really all that good at all outside of the 2015 draft. Did Spielmans UDFA ever do anything in this league? Because i cant remember anyone ever doing anything and it looks like KAM has already found 1 with another having some very promising tools to work with.

To me a GM should get credit with bringing in UDFA and it is apart of the draft class if they make the roster.

40 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Im going to contradict myself here a bit but i find it odd to already be questioning KAM as a GM after as it looks right now a bad first draft. Does he deserve some criticism? Sure. But its just odd to do it this soon.

It took Spielman how many years before anyone ever started to question him? Dude had a god awful 2016 and 2017 draft and no one batted an eye. I can only imagine the distaste towards KAM if he does that or did that.  If you go back and look at Spielmans drafts i really dont think he was that good of a drafter either. He hit on a decent amount of FRP where GMs should  hit but can still inevitably miss because its a hard job to do (Spielman had his fair share of misses in the 1st as well). But anything outside of the 1st and some 2nd round picks where he still had a bunch of misses he wasnt really all that good at all outside of the 2015 draft. Did Spielmans UDFA ever do anything in this league? Because i cant remember anyone ever doing anything and it looks like KAM has already found 1 with another having some very promising tools to work with.

To me a GM should get credit with bringing in UDFA and it is apart of the draft class if they make the roster.

You are forgetting a pretty big UDFA.

Although I don't know if that was a huge credit to Spielman as much as the player coming out of no where.  

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Because he's willing to flex his financial muscle that others aren't?  I mean, if that's your idea of a good GM than Dan Snyder should get GM of the Year award too many times over for all their stupid signings.  LIS, players sign with 2 teams usually for 1 of 2 reasons: money or opportunity.  Again, not using it to discredit KAM by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm merely saying you shouldn't lump them in with the draft picks.  Now, if all incoming players were in the same pool of players and it came down to $$$ then sure, I could see why you would compare them.  But they're not.  Players drafted are slotted into draft slots with set bonuses.  It's like saying apples and oranges are pretty much the same thing because they're both fruit.

There were a couple hundred players drafted ahead of him. To pretend like it’s just a matter of offering him money and it was super obvious that he was a NFL caliber player is dishonest.

• Like 1

Word last Friday was that the Eagles feared cornerback Avonte Maddox tore his pec during their win over the Vikings and further tests did not lead to a more favorable diagnosis.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Maddox is set to have surgery to repair the injury this week after an MRI and additional medical opinions showed that it was the best course of action. Maddox is out indefinitely and could miss the rest of the season as a result of the injury.

Maddox opened the year as the Eagles’ top slot corner and had eight tackles and a forced fumble before his injury.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/avonte-maddox-to-have-surgery-on-torn-pec-this-week