Week 2: VIKINGS (0-1) at Eagles (1-0)

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

They've already moved on from Lowe and Otomewo. 

If those guys can't get on the field, trading them for a late day 3 pick isn't out of the question.

Don't get me wrong. The roster isn't too bad. I think we have enough talent to still compete for a playoff spot. I just don't see it in these 2 players.

Both those guys were 5th round picks. A place where its very hard for those players to make the roster and its not a real shocker when those guys get let go.

Cine and Booth were both a 1st and 2nd round pick and i feel like have a little more of a leash then either of those 2 guys. Booth I could somewhat see being let go but giving up on a 1st round pick that quickly seems odd.

You might be right. They might know they made a mistake in drafting Cine and know he isnt a good player and cant hang. Bill Polian has said that sometimes you can tell right away if you made a mistake on a 1st round player and realize they cant play after the first practice or two. I guess im choosing to be optimistic with Cine and Booth which is why id be surprised if they arent on the team unlike the other 2.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think he'll do either. Honestly, I don't expect him or Booth on the team next season.

I completely agree. Cine and Booth are both terrible. It’s going to be hard to recover from missing on those two picks. If only we had a smart GM who would draft a massive DT like the one we played against last night.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Both those guys were 5th round picks. A place where its very hard for those players to make the roster and its not a real shocker when those guys get let go.

Cine and Booth were both a 1st and 2nd round pick and i feel like have a little more of a leash then either of those 2 guys. Booth I could somewhat see being let go but giving up on a 1st round pick that quickly seems odd.

You might be right. They might know they made a mistake in drafting Cine and know he isnt a good player and cant hang. Bill Polian has said that sometimes you can tell right away if you made a mistake on a 1st round player and realize they cant play after the first practice or two. I guess im choosing to be optimistic with Cine and Booth which is why id be surprised if they arent on the team unlike the other 2.

The thing is Cine is really really bad.

7 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

And I’ll say it right now, Mattison is not a starting running back in this league. His lack of speed and burst was in completely display last nigh. We need to start Chandler.

I'm inclined to agree, unfortunately, but 19 carries through 2 games is a little tough to judge. Not to mention the OL struggles and playing formidable run defenses in TB and PHI.

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm inclined to agree, unfortunately, but 19 carries through 2 games is a little tough to judge. Not to mention the OL struggles and playing formidable run defenses in TB and PHI.

There were holes and lanes but he didn’t have the juice to hit them. 

Another player in last years draft we should be concerned about is Brian Asamoah. How in the world is Jordan Hicks on the field the whole game?!? Lewis Cine, Andrew Booth, Ed Engram and Brian Asamoah seem to all suck.

11 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

Our season might be saved if we bench Osborn for Addison in 2-WR sets. Run game is a problem though.

I know it's not a running league anymore but when you have absolutely NO threat at running back, and can't run the ball at all...it makes the offense's job even more difficult.

You don't need to go out an pay a Jonathan Taylor $2347 trillion dollars but you absolutely need someone a defense looks at and says "OK, we need to keep an eye on this guy because he could gash us hard if we're not careful."

2 hours ago, Ripline said:

Statistics are something like 7% of NFL teams make the playoffs after starting 0-2?

With the vikes tough schedule, there's always next year...

Since 1970, only 9.5% of NFL teams have made the playoffs after starting the season 0-2. 
https://sports.yahoo.com/ranking-the-0-2-nfl-teams-by-their-chances-of-still-making-the-playoffs-172741014.html

your point is still valid, though. We have a tough hill to climb, with a tough schedule ahead.