Week 2: VIKINGS (0-1) at Eagles (1-0)

vike daddy

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah but the NFL is a greedy business lol

So there are a lot of memes from yesterday's game but I probably can't post them here.

I'm just saying,  it seems like it would be easier to make the playoffs now after an 0-2 start with an extra playoff spot and an extra game to make up the difference

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

This reminded me of that throw to Thielen against GB a few years back. Kirk was so good last night. There was another even riskier throw that JJ stole from Slay late in the game, too. They have to make plays like this to compete with the best in the league.

I can’t get over this throw. I can’t tell if it’s desperation or a savant level throw. Maybe both. That kind of connection makes entertaining the Kirk extension idea creep into the back of my mind…

not remotely a “smart” idea, but if there is a creative way to make it work for everyone you have to explore it a bit, right?

• Like 2

Needed to adjust waaaay earlier. Interested in the rationale. We’re they worried about Hurts more than they were worried about the run game overall?

also - like, take a timeout? No need to carry them in to the locker room while your defense is getting rocked every play.

Edited by JDBrocks

Packers fan coming in peace. I'm curious what the Vikings team building strategy is? Team reminds me of a Ferrari with a Camry engine. Really great weapons(JJ, Hockenson, Addison, etc) but OL and DL both extremely weak. Do you guys think you'll move on from Kirk after this year? Where's your FO's head at?

Still can't believe the Lions traded you guys Hock. I think he'll be Kelce-lite for you guys. Fix up the OL and this is a perfect situation for a rookie QB to come into.

Edited by Mdpackfan22
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Packers fan coming in peace. I'm curious what the Vikings team building strategy is? Team reminds me of a Ferrari with a Camry engine. Really great weapons(JJ, Hockenson, Addison, etc) but OL and DL both extremely weak. Do you guys think you'll move on from Kirk after this year? Where's your FO's head at?

Still can't believe the Lions traded you guys Hock. I think he'll be Kelce-lite for you guys. Fix up the OL and this is a perfect situation for a rookie QB to come into.

The plan has been to try to stay competitive while freeing up as much cap as possible for ‘24 and beyond. They are building for a rookie QB contract team with as many premium position assets as they can afford in the next 2-3 years. 

At least that’s my interpretation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Isn't there more playoffs teams now?

Not only that, but the season has 17 games now, which is more time to make up group.  The longer season coupled with the fact that more teams make the playoffs really diminishes the meaningfulness of a stat more related to 16 games seasons where 6 teams per conference make the playoffs.

But it doesn't change the fact that a team that is starting 0-2 has dug themselves into a hole that leaves less room for error in their quest to make the playoffs compared to teams that have won a game or two already.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, CWood21 said:

To be fair, if you invest a 2023 FRP into a WR (Jordan Addison), a 2023 SRP into a TE (T.J. Hockenson), and inherited Justin Jefferson I'd hope the Vikings would have one of the best WR/TE corps in the league.

And not trying to rub salt in the wound, but I haven't been impressed with Kwesi's draft strategy by any means.  Trading down from 12 to 32 in 2022 would have made sense if the Vikings if the Vikings were getting substantial value, but they actually took a hit with that trade.  I was not a Lewis Cine by any means.  Overall, their 2022 draft honestly felt like when you use a mock draft simulator and a little too much wheeling and dealing rather than letting the draft board fall.  Their '23 draft was just weird.

The '22 draft was bad, but we already knew that. The '23 draft looks good thus far. Addison and Ivan Pace are already playing significant snaps and grading out well. That's why I made my post when I did, because it was a strange time to start bashing the GM when two rookies were two of our best players on the field in week 2. I'm hoping the '22 draft was a fluke, every GM has them. You don't have to go back far in the GB draft history (2021?) to see a flop from your own team's regime.