Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Dude, it’s the internet…….everyone here is 6’6” and hugely successful, we all run a 4.4 40 and are black belts in Jiu Jitsu 😂

Nah, I'm happily 6'3 on a good day, comfortable enough to functionally retire pretty early here in about 10 years (albeit, lemme talk to ya about Argentina), my 40 time is admittedly probably still hovering around 4.5, but I only ever took kajukenbo through my green belt (FLETC training notwithstanding, but I honestly don't consider it "formal"). 

Then again, the hairline has thinned and grayed, the muscle tone has softened despite effort, my caffeine and nicotine habits are at an all time high, my back and knees are nearly shot, if I do run a 40, I take a nap afterwards, and if I threw a punch or kick, I'm probably throwing my shoulder or hip out with it. 

Not all of us pretend to be Clark Kent lol 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah, I'm happily 6'3 on a good day, comfortable enough to functionally retire pretty early here in about 10 years (albeit, lemme talk to ya about Argentina), my 40 time is admittedly probably still hovering around 4.5, but I only ever took kajukenbo through my green belt (FLETC training notwithstanding, but I honestly don't consider it "formal"). 

Then again, the hairline has thinned and grayed, the muscle tone has softened despite effort, my caffeine and nicotine habits are at an all time high, my back and knees are nearly shot, if I do run a 40, I take a nap afterwards, and if I threw a punch or kick, I'm probably throwing my shoulder or hip out with it. 

Not all of us pretend to be Clark Kent lol 

I’m 6ft 235

can still get 30 bench reps 

Best ever was 4.65 at 20yrs old

i still jog/run bout 6 miles a week but I wouldn’t dare sprint lol

grays are invading my beard

back and knees are moody and my bones are sensitive to the cold nowadays lol

I hear you on the ten yr retirement countdown bruhhhh kinda scared but excited at the same time.

now I just fish and bbq and talk shi like a old bitter bastard. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m 6ft 235

can still get 30 bench reps 

Best ever was 4.65 at 20yrs old

i still jog/run bout 6 miles a week but I wouldn’t dare sprint lol

grays are invading my beard

back and knees are moody and my bones are sensitive to the cold nowadays lol

I hear you on the ten yr retirement countdown bruhhhh kinda scared but excited at the same time.

now I just fish and bbq and talk shi like a old bitter bastard. 

I've embraced it. 

At 43, I'm cashing out and buying farmland down in South America. Gonna spend my twilight on cigars and growing coffee as a hobby that may or may not become a small business in itself. Between savings, pension, social security, etc, I should be able to never have to work again unless I go crazy on the spending. Exchange rates are pretty great like that. Worst case scenario, remote consulting becomes a part time gig. 

My girlfriend is Venezuelan and a go-getter. I'll gladly set up the home base situation and take on the stay at home role while she chases her dreams. Makes everyone happy. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You're a Carr stan and it's pretty pathetic 

Almost as pathetic as you are taking the time to make a Jimmy G. apology thread.  Almost as pathetic as you are trying to gloat about your success to strangers.  You carry yourself like a 14-year-old with insecurity issues.

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Dude, it's gonna hit 50+ even if he doesn't. Heck, probably hit 100+ if he doesn't.

It's the new Derek Carr thread.  If Jimmy G is on this team for 2-3 years, then yes, it's the new Derek Carr thread.  It will last until it's locked.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Almost as pathetic as you are taking the time to make a Jimmy G. apology thread.  Almost as pathetic as you are trying to gloat about your success to strangers.  You carry yourself like a 14-year-old with insecurity issues.

It's just an exercise in sustainability planning lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Geeze…. I think you officially have Carr Derangement Syndrome.

How dare you not change your logo immediately upon his release!  Priorities, Dangit!

In other news Carr did look pretty good last week.  5th most yard with 305.  2nd highest average at 9.2yds per attempt.  10th best QBR at 96.  And he got the Win.  Just to piss off CDS patients here I hope the guy has a good year and remaining career.  

I'll think of something eventually worth changing it to.  I'm actually going to wait because there is a wager in this thread where if Jimmy G beats KC and takes us to the playoffs then I have to change it to Jimmy G.  So if that happens then I change my avi.  If It doesn't then maybe I'll try to find a JJ avi.  Or maybe M. Crosby.  My two favorite players right now.  

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Already putting it to good use.

NY's alright in my book. We agree, we go at it, but I generally appreciate his variety. He's many things, often many different conflicting things at the same time, but he's definitely not boring or just mindlessly in 100% lockstep with popular opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

NY's alright in my book. We agree, we go at it, but I generally appreciate his variety. He's many things, often many different conflicting things at the same time, but he's definitely not boring or just mindlessly in 100% lockstep with popular opinion.

A welcome addition to the forum.  I'm glad we have differing opinions.  It would be weird if all we did was affirm each other's beliefs in what the team is and what it should be doing.  I mean if he's right then at least he could say he called it first.  If not, he could just tell us he was too busy with all of his success and being 6'6" that he just didn't have time to get back to this thread.