Week 2 GDT: Bears at Buccaneers

Ty21

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

How do you guys fell about this one? 

I think it's going to be a good sign of where we're at as a team.  The Bucs aren't a horrible team, but they aren't world beaters either.  The Bears offense had it's issues last week against the Packers, but I'm hoping the fact that it was Week 1 had something to do with that.  It isn't unusual to see an offense to take some time before things start clicking. 

I still have faith that Fields can become a good, long-term quarterback for us, but I would be a lot happier of we had drafted an offensive minded head coach to help him do that.  I'll never figure out why we gave up what we did for Fields and then promptly went out and hired a defensive minded coach to help him develop.. 

As for the game today, will we win?  I have no clue.  LOL.  If anyone asks, I'll give them a definite "maybe."  I wish I was more confident than that, but it is what it is.  :)

12 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I think it's going to be a good sign of where we're at as a team.  The Bucs aren't a horrible team, but they aren't world beaters either.  The Bears offense had it's issues last week against the l

I still have faith that Fields can become a good, long-term quarterback for us, but I would be a lot happier of we had drafted an offensive minded head coach to help him do that.  I'll never figure out why we gave up what we did for Fields and then promptly went out and hired a defensive minded coach to help him develop.. 

I maintain that no coach has come up with a better plan for developing a young QB than Eberflus has for Jordan Love 

• Like 4

I honestly have no idea how this game is going to play out...I think we need to just burn the Packers game and take this as the start of the season...I also have no idea how good this Bucs team really are but here is what I need to see...

1. Let Fields be Fields...he is never going to be a Manning brother skipping reads and manipulating cover...simplify it so he is only making two reads then taking off...it's not the traditional way for a QB to play but as long as he is moving the ball and scoring points who really cares?...get him back to what he was in the middle of last year.

2. Force feed the ball to DJ...it was an idiotic game plan only getting him involved as little as we did...draw up some plays to help him get open on easy throws for Fields and go from there...I want him to be used the same as GB used Adams for all those years.

3. Get aggressive on defence...we gave up 38 points last week and most of that came from us being so sort in coverage when we had them in 3rd & long...Flus is calling the plays today and needs to be far more aggressive in trying to create stops and turnovers.

15 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Sooooo.... Is Nate Davis just a horrible signing?, plus the Claypool trade.... Does Poles kind of suck

How can you call the Nate Davis signing bad after hearing why he has been missing time. As of right now it’s inconclusive because of what he’s been dealing with. 

Not sure how I feel about this game.  We looked bad last week, and TB won in Minny.  That being said, last week for us it was a tale of two halves.  We were competitive in the first half and didn't show up in the 2nd.  If fields gets in 'I need to do too much' mode, we'll lose.  It is a toss up, TB is at home, but we need the win more.  Hopefully our team and play calling shows it. 24-20 us

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I might be the only one but I am glad Velus is active...the guy can be a difference maker...

Really interested to see the effort level of Claypool as well.

I think it is a response to Claypool. If Claypool gives **** effort again early they’ll bench him for Jones.