Week 2 GDT: Bears at Buccaneers

Ty21

3 minutes ago, dafreak said:

I'm not sure how to fell but go away and stop trolling....

I'm not trolling. I asked a legitimate question. If you don't want to answer it, fine, maybe another Bears fan will answer a simple question of where the fanbase's confidence is going to Tampa. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not trolling. I asked a legitimate question. If you don't want to answer it, fine, maybe another Bears fan will answer a simple question of where the fanbase's confidence is going to Tampa. 

Just go away dude, you suck, read your posts on your own forum...

You're pretty cocky when you come over to the Packers forum, which is fine. I'm just asking a simple question. Nothing more, nothing less. 

You already know that 

You're pretty cocky when you come over to the Packers forum, which is fine. I'm just asking a simple question. Nothing more, nothing less. 

We have no idea who what this team is after week 1. Bad coaches? Bad QB? Bad OL? Bad D? All of the above? Week 1 not ready? I don't think anyone has any confidence in how week 2 turns out after the disaster if week 1. Congrats on your win though, you were definitely the better team.

Just now, dafreak said:

You already know that 

We have no idea who what this team is after week 1. Bad coaches? Bad QB? Bad OL? Bad D? All of the above? Week 1 not ready? I don't think anyone has any confidence in how week 2 turns out after the disaster if week 1. Congrats on your win though, you were definitely the better team.

Fair enough. I did mention earlier in the week one thread that I thought early on in the game Fields was actually getting to his second, third read which was a sign of progress. Then the rush started to become a problem and he was one read and run. If you can protect him, he's still got a chance to develop. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Fair enough. I did mention earlier in the week one thread that I thought early on in the game Fields was actually getting to his second, third read which was a sign of progress. Then the rush started to become a problem and he was one read and run. If you can protect him, he's still got a chance to develop. 

Oh yea, forgot that one - GM didn't do enough in the offseason to protect Fields? I do not know how Love will fare against good teams but we continue to seem to be in a cycle of suck. I might come over to the dark side if it continues. :)

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Oh yea, forgot that one - GM didn't do enough in the offseason to protect Fields? I do not know how Love will fare against good teams but we continue to seem to be in a cycle of suck. I might come over to the dark side if it continues. :)

I think at all costs you should make sure the protection for Fields is solid. Even if he means keeping a TE or RB in. He's got to be able to get comfortable in the pocket and get through his reads. When he throws from a solid platform, he can deliver it on target. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

How do you guys fell about this one? 

Forgive my fellow bears people the mood around here has been pretty crazy after last week's dumpster fire, since odds are looking pretty high that Fields isn't the qb of the future, and if he gets replaced, the entire coaching staff is likely going with him and we're starting the whole rebuild thing over....yet again.... 

As for the game vs tampa... I predict buccaneers win 27-24.

The wildcard for this game is such... Fields is under pressure to throw more generally, and I see our weak Oline interior having trouble getting the run game going. That said, your team likes blitzing and Fields is actually good against man, but absolutely horrible against zone.... If you guys hand back, play zone, and could still get pressure with your 4 (kancey being out hurts, he'd have had a big game against us, or interior sucks hard) Fields would probably throw at least 2 picks trying to prove he can actually be a passer... 

So that leaves outside runs and the screen game (which while catastrophic last week, schematically should work if anyone actually throws a block), and I have no idea how you guys will do vs that.  Either way, the Bears o should put up some decent numbers, as they won't leave as much on the field as last week (ie they aren't as bad as they looked). Getting DJ Moore involved alone could be huge. 

The risk for you guys is that Eberflus is going to be running the defense this week, and he's actually got a history of doing that well. Our defense is no where near as bad as it looked last week, and could be a problem because Baker Mayfield sucks. Our pass rush is a massive weakness, and we'll have to blitz to get significant pressure.... If baker can handle that, it should be a comfortable win for you guys.... Else it becomes a competion between baker and Fields for who gives the game away with a key turnover. 

Edited by Epyon

7 hours ago, dafreak said:

You aren't answering the question though. How do you fell?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Yes, yes. Let us withhold our sympathies until he can present a corpse upon our doorsteps. 

That isn’t what I meant.  

I was thinking we don’t really know what is happening or happened.   Or I don’t as of this posting or that posting.  There are many possible fact scenarios that can produce different degrees of reactions and thoughts.  

Not saying sympathy isn’t called for someone who is going through something.  And I am always in favor of sincere prayer. I want more people to do it all the time.

People jump on vague stories of either wrong doing or ‘personal reasons’ or whatever and fill in all kinds of gaps with their own imaginings without all facts all the time.   Even initial ‘facts’ reported as truth often turn out to be false later in time. 

In all directions.