Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

1 hour ago, BeaReylo said:

Bobby Slowik would be a good candidate if Chi moves on from Eberflus.  Look what he's done with with CJ Stroud a,bloody, rookie! I'm confident he can develop a quarterback properly.  And organizations like The Panthers and the team in Washington are requesting interviews for him to be their head coach.

Slowik has been my HC3 option for about half the season. He could have a pretty solid staff around him too. I think he would mesh well with Adam Peters from SF as the GM if a team wants a new GM/HC combo. 

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Like I have been saying...more to playing QB than throwing the ball...very true statement from Amendola on what a QB as a leader can mean to a team as much as anything.

I will say getting a 5 year $28mil deal gave plenty to play for too. I'd be happy to go catch passes from the Cleveland Deviant for that. lol 

49 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wish Cutler would get another shot at being a booth guy. He feels like a natural at it. 

I feel like he would be better on something new that is more relaxed, ala a Manning Cast type thing or a live Barbershop set up during gams, with some guys that he can just go back and forth with. 

Something like that would be good for TNF, and he'd be perfect for it

Very interesting when Poles pointed out you need to have the right mentality to play QB in this city...

Either he was using that press conference to throw people off or they are pretty comfortable with Fields as their QB moving forward because all the things said about Fields were very positive from Poles and Flus spoke about Fields in the future tense as the QB several times.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Very interesting when Poles pointed out you need to have the right mentality to play QB in this city...

Either he was using that press conference to throw people off or they are pretty comfortable with Fields as their QB moving forward because all the things said about Fields were very positive from Poles and Flus spoke about Fields in the future tense as the QB several times.

I came away feeling the opposite about it, I got the impression that they are likely taking a QB unless they really fail in the interviews. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

I came away feeling the opposite about it, I got the impression that they are likely taking a QB unless they really fail in the interviews. 

Interesting...I think it is all open to interpretation especially at this time of year but I never got that impression at all. 

I think whatever road we take, there's 0% chance we're taking BOTH qbs into training camp.  All the fence sitting right now is just them still needing too deep dive on prospects, and like @SLCbear said, just to see what we're going to get in compensation for either Fields or 1.1 before making a decision.  They're not going to come out and say "Fields is a bum, he's gone" in January, before they've even been legally allowed to meet Williams/Maye/etc.... and especially not when they need to at least pretend they're comparable talents, in order to maximize trade value.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

The biggest issue I would have in keeping Fields is his 3rd offensive coordinator in 4 years. He's having to start all over again in a new offense. New terminology and everything that goes with that including the growing pains. 

Those things are quarterback killers. Not sure that gives him a fair chance next year. Also, if you're keeping him, you are tagging him. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1