Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

On 1/14/2024 at 7:23 PM, TankWilliams said:

If you wait to grab a QB until every other hole on your team is filled, you will never grab a QB that is worthy of the team.

The Ravens got Lamar Jackson with the 32nd pick.  I will admit that the chances of getting a good one with a top five pick are a lot higher, and that's what I'd prefer to do too.  Get the QB when you know there is a good one available and you can get him without trading multiple picks to move up.  Still, there are decent ones out there occasionally.

• Like 1

Set aside whether you want them to trade Fields or not - if they do, and the return is a 2 this year, a later pick this year and a 2 in 2025 are you satisfied with that?

Personally I think that would be a pretty damn solid return. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Set aside whether you want them to trade Fields or not - if they do, and the return is a 2 this year, a later pick this year and a 2 in 2025 are you satisfied with that?

Absolutely would take that. Wouldn't look twice.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think if we did go down the road of trading Justin a 2nd & 4th this year with a 2nd next year would be fair all round…not so sure on Kiper thinking we get 8th overall but also not sure why he still has a job hahaha

• Like 1

If Atlanta offers a first i accept immediately... Though I suspect Kiper just said that for clicks/attention 

A scenario I'd try and work is getting Bijan.. Maybe even toss Herbert in there so Fields has a guy he knows in a Atlanta, and the Falcons have a rb. Doubt it's realistic, but worth a shot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

If Atlanta offers a first i accept immediately... Though I suspect Kiper just said that for clicks/attention 

A scenario I'd try and work is getting Bijan.. Maybe even toss Herbert in there so Fields has a guy he knows in a Atlanta, and the Falcons have a rb. Doubt it's realistic, but worth a shot.

The only way they offer a first is if its for next year.  Not a chance they give us a top 10 pick for him.  

Edited by TankWilliams
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I am, yeah, but ONLY if they are 100% sold on Caleb Williams.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

I am, yeah, but ONLY if they are 100% sold on Caleb Williams.

Yep, but for Williams or Maye. Had someone on Facebook say the Bears should trade Fields and just sign a "stud" like Wilson or Flacco.

No they're not a GB fan, just a moron. 😒

41 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

The only way they offer a first is if its for next year.  Not a chance they give us a top 10 pick for him.  

My guess is trade offer from other teams would be a 2024 2nd.   Or maybe a conditional 2025 pick deal.  Maybe because that is most I would offer.  

But I underestimated trade returns for Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams and later trade of Carson Wentz.

So who knows really.  I hope we get 5 firsts.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

My guess is trade offer from other teams would be a 2024 2nd.   Or maybe a conditional 2025 pick deal.  Maybe because that is most I would offer.  

But I underestimated trade returns for Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams and later trade of Carson Wentz.

@dll2000 confirms we are getting 5 1sts for Fields. Book it!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Reminds me of this:

Edited by G08

Let me say this in all seriousness. I love Justin Fields and am a big supporter of him. I believe that the way he has been handled by the Bears is nothing short of criminal. That being said, if Poles can somehow parley him for a 1st round pick then I would fly to Chicago and help him pack his bags. Another 1st in this years draft with the amount of top end talent would be phenomenal. 

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I am curious if we’re underestimating his value.  How often do starting QBs get traded for less than a frp?  I get that Fields isnt your typical starting QB, but you’re not trading for him if you don’t believe you can help him reach his ceiling.  He’s not a flier you can get for a 5th rounder or something similar.  Jimmy G got traded for two 2nds and only had 4 spot starts under his belt for a deflated Brady iirc.  Darnold was a 2 and 4 i think.  Rodgers was effectively traded for a 2nd, but he’s like 40.

Idk what fields is worth, just something I’ve been thinking about.  Teams get stupid when QBs are involved.  Who knows.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I am curious if we’re underestimating his value.  How often do starting QBs get traded for less than a frp?  I get that Fields isnt your typical starting QB, but you’re not trading for him if you don’t believe you can help him reach his ceiling.  He’s not a flier you can get for a 5th rounder or something similar.  Jimmy G got traded for two 2nds and only had 4 spot starts under his belt for a deflated Brady iirc.  Darnold was a 2 and 4 i think.  Rodgers was effectively traded for a 2nd, but he’s like 40.

Idk what fields is worth, just something I’ve been thinking about.  Teams get stupid when QBs are involved.  Who knows.

Yes, but Jimmy G., Darnold, Rosen and so far Rodgers haven't worked out for receiving team to name a few.

There may be some recency bias driving down price.

23 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

A lot of teams need QBs. Don't underestimate the demand.

Fields might not be a great QB, but he's a lot more intriguing than Ryan Tannehill or Tyrod Taylor.

• Like 3