Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

20 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I thought that too, but the qualifier after the second measurement "and change" made me think otherwise

of course, it could be written between 6'1" and 6'2" but whatever

6'2" would be incorrect though.

• 4 weeks later...

David Kaplan is an incompetent analyst... in some areas of football 😁!

What JF1 did is not outrageous and definitely not a coward.

I think David Kaplan is an attention seeker himself lolz eheheh😂🤣

To be fair .... social media is about getting the clicks... because it brings the income.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/david-kaplan-calls-out-justin-fields-for-being-a-coward/

49 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

David Kaplan is an incompetent analyst... in some areas of football 😁!

What JF1 did is not outrageous and definitely not a coward.

I think David Kaplan is an attention seeker himself lolz eheheh😂🤣

To be fair .... social media is about getting the clicks... because it brings the income.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/david-kaplan-calls-out-justin-fields-for-being-a-coward/

David Kaplan is a typical hot take media whore who will say anything he wants from the comfort of being behind a microphone or keyboard. I have zero doubt that he’d cower like a girl dog if Fields ever confronted him personally about calling him a coward.

Social media has created wayyyyyyy too many people who aren’t afraid to get punched in the face for being ****ty to people. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

David Kaplan is a typical hot take media whore who will say anything he wants from the comfort of being behind a microphone or keyboard. I have zero doubt that he’d cower like a girl dog if Fields ever confronted him personally about calling him a coward.

Social media has created wayyyyyyy too many people who aren’t afraid to get punched in the face for being ****ty to people. 

It's engagement baiting. Kap isn't the first or even the worst. ESPN has been doing this for years.

Don't believe what your favorite analyst says on TV. They're entertaining you first and foremost.

1 minute ago, refundmytickets said:

It's engagement baiting. Kap isn't the first or even the worst. ESPN has been doing this for years.

Don't believe what your favorite analyst says on TV. They're entertaining you first and foremost.

Oh, totally. Pretty much ever since Jim Rome called Jim Everett “Chris”. Doesn’t change that being an ******* for clicks should have consequences. 

I despise Kaplan and his little Catchphrase “#takethat!”  He is such a self-absorbed dbag.  I remember a while back he told the world (because of course he did) that he was going on a fitness journey and was doing the Keto diet.  He was constantly posting “progress” pictures on Twitter, yet each picture looked exactly the same.  Dude you’re a generic looking 50+ bald white dude, youre not the chiseled Greek god you think you are lol.

so yeah, there’s that.

I didn’t hear what he said, but from seeing what was said about it here, it’s definitely all for the clicks, and i refuse to give him any.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I despise Kaplan and his little Catchphrase “#takethat!”  He is such a self-absorbed dbag.  I remember a while back he told the world (because of course he did) that he was going on a fitness journey and was doing the Keto diet.  He was constantly posting “progress” pictures on Twitter, yet each picture looked exactly the same.  Dude you’re a generic looking 50+ bald white dude, youre not the chiseled Greek god you think you are lol.

so yeah, there’s that.

I didn’t hear what he said, but from seeing what was said about it here, it’s definitely all for the clicks, and i refuse to give him any.

also he got those really terrible late in life tattoos

The Chicago Bears are pushing forward with trading quarterback Justin Fields and could do so within the next week, according to a report by Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.

The Bears are expected to be hashing out details of a trade at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis next week.

“I think the bones of the trade will be set next week,” Breer said in a appearance on ESPN 1000 in Chicago on Friday. “There’s some urgency on the Bears part to get something done.”

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/chicago-bears-moving-quickly-justin-fields-trade-could-be-done-next-week/UUQHDZO4DRCM3DWX2IWFTWR4XI/

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Chicago Bears are pushing forward with trading quarterback Justin Fields and could do so within the next week, according to a report by Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated.

The Bears are expected to be hashing out details of a trade at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis next week.

“I think the bones of the trade will be set next week,” Breer said in a appearance on ESPN 1000 in Chicago on Friday. “There’s some urgency on the Bears part to get something done.”

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/chicago-bears-moving-quickly-justin-fields-trade-could-be-done-next-week/UUQHDZO4DRCM3DWX2IWFTWR4XI/

That's been pretty much the consensus for the forum for a bit (got a few still wanting to keep Fields). Honestly I like the work Ryan Poles has done, but if Stroud kills it next year and Williams and/or Maye have a good season then he may get kicked out just for retaining Fields. If Bryce Young looks good (he should at LEAST look better, the roster was dreadful) then it would put more pressure on him if Fields doesn't play well.

Poles got to cut the fat, inject his guys into the team over several offseasons (this one being included) and has 1.1 for the second year in a row. I think Poles is at the "**** or get off the pot" position in regards to getting a QB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

but if Stroud kills it next year and Williams and/or Maye have a good season then he may get kicked out just for retaining Fields. If Bryce Young looks good (he should at LEAST look better, the roster was dreadful) then it would put more pressure on him if Fields doesn't play well.

Absolutely nothing CJ Stroud or Bryce Young (or AR) does in the league has any impact on Ryan Poles status as the Bears GM. Never will. He already won that trade multiple times over.

This draft is a different discussion, but last years draft was already a massive win for him

• Like 2

IMO it's too early to be set on trading Fields. They should at least finish evaluating the rookie prospects first. If they want one of them more than Fields, then they can put Justin on the market but that would be a decision for closer to the draft, probably within a week or so. If they player they want isn't Caleb Williams, then they can also consider a trade down for more picks. But taking the haul and rolling with Fields is a perfectly reasonable option.

The Bears are probably more likely to make the playoffs in 2024 with Fields + haul than with rookie QB. The question is who will take the team deeper into the playoffs in 2026 or thereafter. But the answer may still be Fields. 

• Like 2