2023 GDT 0-1 Steelers vs. 1-0 Da Browns

Steeler Hitman

Do the Steelers Bounce Back with a win versus Da Browns?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Steelers Bounce Back with a win versus Da Browns?

• Yeah, they bounce back!
    • You're a homer and you're dreaming!
    • They tie. Like kissing your great aunt and she slips you the tongue. Yuck!!!

I just saw Pittsburgh has won 20 consecutive home MNF Games and the last loss was in like 1991 vs the NYG. I think this will be a really tough game.

If Cleveland can keep the pass rush at bay and not turn it over, I like their chances. If not, could be another Pittsburgh win just when everyone wants to bury them.

• Like 2

After evaluating rosters, before the season started, I had concerns about Cleveland's roster actually being the best in the division and one of the best in the league. The thing that held me back from judging the best was actually their "lauded" quarterback. Watson was awful last season, and saw reports of concern in preseason and camp, so Im not sold and dont have much faith, also their kicker situation was almost a joke. 

The superficial factor that evened out my concerns and even favored the Steelers for this game was that it was a Monday Night game at home and I dont have to look it up I know that they've dominated on Monday Night since the early 90s and it was often crazy how much they elevated their game on those Monday Nights back in 92-95 especially. 

I expect a very tough game that we will actually play better in (communication etc) but not sure we are anywhere near ready yet to take on this type of brutal team/running game especially back to back with playing San Fran. If there is any hope its on Kenny P. Im not talking about lighting up the score board or the stat sheet, just in making good timely plays when needed in those "weighty downs" . I believe Kenny could outcompete whatever Watson is right now and like often is the case some of these guys got knighted way before they really deserved that credit. Deshaun has capabilities but never exactly sealed up his status as a guy. It was still a work in progress imo that he was getting closer to before he dove his career head first into an empty pool. That said, I also thought Kenny could outcompete Purdy last week before some form of Mr Hyde showed up that we'd not really seen before. 

Id watch for good developments/growth in specific players this game like Benton (wont all be pretty but we'll see him compete and learn). We should get to see a good bit of JPJ and this game should definitely be more fitting for him. I think Nick the Quick can record his 1st sack as well. I think Broderick should see snaps 6th Olineman, I dont care that we have Washington. I'd like to see a package where Broderick is in there really getting his feet wet before he is needed and hes gonna be. 

Washington should definitely see some route opportunities with Pat nursing that injury. See what they do about it and what he does. 

I don't expect much out of our running game again tbh. Its amazing how explosive Derrick Henry is vs what Najee shows on any down. I don't wanna hate on Naj i just never see explosion on any play and thats just very very average. Prove me wrong, any day, every day. Please prove me wrong every game and snap this season. 

Seems or feels like Canada is gonna have to come out with something totally unexpected to change the outcome of my expectations. I don't wanna believe Jebricks prediction but I could see it, with all the injuries and the team newness it feels a bit like Buffalo/Tampa last year. I know we beat Tampa but I had a lot of concerns or low expectations in both games with injuries and newness.

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 1

How about this mock if Kenny falters:

Round 1: Joe Alt OT Notre Dame

Round 2: Bo Nix QB Oregon

Round 3: Darian Chestnut CB LSU

Round 4 Mario Williams WR USC

Round 5: Tyler Nubin S Minnesota

Round 6 Ricky Barber DE UCF

Round 7 Xavier Truss OG Georgia

1 hour ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I think Broderick should see snaps 6th Olineman, I dont care that we have Washington. I'd like to see a package where Broderick is in there really getting his feet wet before he is needed and hes gonna be. 

Co-sign with some form of a big A-word stamp. 

Feels like we used to do this a ton too. Would like to get back to it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, August4th said:

feel like we're headed towards this

Kenny plays slightly better than last yr. They let Canada go. we're in a good position to take a QB. We pass because we want to see what Kenny can do with a new OC. 

To be honest: I’m fine with this. If this is a one off issue and Kenny places the ball well, makes better reads, then he deserves* a chance to work with a better OC. 

Personally, if he looks decent, and we fire Canada, I want us going all in on a true WR1, invest deeper at C, RT. Take care of that in FA. C is a potentially good class with Connor Williams, Lloyd Cushenberry, Matt Hennessy. RT doesn’t look great to be honest but Trenton Brown could be out there, Yosh Nijman. This WR class has me salivating pre-tag time though. Mike Evans is still a WR1, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr, Gabe Davis can take the top off, Calvin Ridley. What’s fun is the trade possibilities out there in Jerry Juedy, Brandon Aiyuk. 

* - I refuse to give up on a QB when saddled with the worst OC in the NFL is they show promise. I’m not saying if you give up on him, he would suddenly be good elsewhere, but I could see teams taking a shot at him and him being decent in a better offense. 

• Like 1

https://x.com/C_AdamskiTrib/status/1702350159357579477?s=20

"...we have no concern that's gonna continue" -- Matt Canada

I don't know what happened with this site on desktop with twitter links and gifs, but this feels like a missed opportunity....

Does Matt not realize that we have 2 years of existing material that's counter to the "this won't continue" thing?

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

The part of Canada that bugs me the most, is that he keeps saying “we couldn’t do what we wanted.” 0 awareness is going on to get what you can. 

This game was almost like he felt like he needed to prove he and Kenny could take a shot downfield. 

Thats is what I was left feeling as well. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty