Week 2 GDT: Washington Commanders @ Denver Broncos

Broncofan

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

When the injuries happened last year, Hackett got absolutely obliterated. It was all his fault for not playing the starters in preseason and for a light camp.

Well, Payton did the opposite, the injuries have happened again, yet absolute crickets from all media and twitter pundits .....

It's time we all accept the truth - this team is cursed for having the funnest time possible as an NFL fan when Peyton Manning was here. Sooner we accept it, sooner we all reach closure.

The difference is the intention of it.

Hackett kept players out to avoid injury at the expense of better preparing for the season. That didn’t achieve his goal as the team still got injured and we were woefully under prepared. 

Payton playing the starters in the preseason wasn’t a strategy to avoid injury so the fact that they’re happening isn’t anything particularly noteworthy in relation to it. 

54 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Josh McDaniels avatar? Nice. I hope he’s there for 10 years. 

As hard as it is losing to the Raiders, I'm sure it's ultimately worse for them. Our seasons show early on that we won't make the playoffs while theirs always gives them false hope only to have embarrassing finishes to the season and crush their own dreams haha

25 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

As hard as it is losing to the Raiders, I'm sure it's ultimately worse for them. Our seasons show early on that we won't make the playoffs while theirs always gives them false hope only to have embarrassing finishes to the season and crush their own dreams haha

It’s a noble sacrifice this franchise has made, losing to McDaniels so he can stay there forever. Very commendable.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Chase Young has been cleared to play. He can only help our stout D Line. Unfortunately our Oline is horrible 😞. Hopefully Howell will learn from his mistakes. Here's to an injury free game.

I know chase has been up and down for you guys...when he actually gets on the field. That D line looks legit though, something we desperately miss on our team. Hope all parties stay healthy and let the best of the worst win! Haha

Less than 3 weeks from the hammy injury, which certainly had all the features of a grade 2 strain, coming back after 3 weeks is pretty remarkable.   Jeudy only missed 2 weeks after what clearly looked like a HAS in the TEN game.   He just may be a guy who's a fast healer (and more flexible/limber than even his pro athlete peer group).   Still, there's a significant risk of re-injury at this point (and will be for the next 3-4 weeks - see Keenan Allen last year, and Cooper Kupp this preseason), so even if he's 90+ percent, I hope they play it smart.  

Even if he's mostly a decoy, it helps the team so much - there's no one right now who can threaten the secondary at all levels.   Maybe he's totally fine (but I'd wait a week before saying that prop-wise), but at the very worst, should open things up.   I'd love to see more Mims in there, both he & Sutton would benefit from the added attention.

Edited by Broncofan

18 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Unfortunately, I think both teams will be around 6-8 wins. Which will put them squarely in the middle and outside the top tier QBs which both teams desperately need in this division. 

11 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

At the end of the day we do have Sean Payton and you guys are stuck with McDisaster - enjoy the ride

Davis can fire McDaniels tomorrow if he wants. 

You gave up 2 high draft picks for a coach who's not proven he can win without Drew Brees and quit on his last team. You also have a disaster at QB that cost you draft picks and you can't get out of the contract without massive dead cap implications until at least 2026. 

The Broncos won't be competitive for another 5+ years ..... enjoy that ride

MaC has seven wins as the Raiders HC, three of them are against us; it’s clear playing us is his Super Bowl. They won’t win five more games this year. 

But moving on, Washington’s DL does concern me. If they stop the run and make us one dimensional it could spell doom. Their OL gives me hope we can get pressure on Howell and force some T/Os, from which our decrepit excuse for an offense desperately needs. 

We played well enough last week to win. But again, it was the Raiders. I’m not sure the Commanders are much better. Again I’m thinking we should win but I don’t know if we can win. 

I’ll say we get over the hump this week and win a close, ugly, low-scoring game; Broncos 20, Commanders 16.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

3-0 thus far against Denver..... you sure you want that? I hope Denver eventually recovers from paying Mr. Unlimited and can compete again. Getting 2 gimmie games in this rivalry is getting boring.

You’re really so far gone from 20 years of trash football, you’ve talked yourself into *Josh McDaniels* 😂😂😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Davis can fire McDaniels tomorrow if he wants. 

You gave up 2 high draft picks for a coach who's not proven he can win without Drew Brees and quit on his last team. You also have a disaster at QB that cost you draft picks and you can't get out of the contract without massive dead cap implications until at least 2026. 

The Broncos won't be competitive for another 5+ years ..... enjoy that ride

I’ve enjoyed watching my team win three Super Bowls. My guess is you have zero memory of your team winning Super Bowls, if you were even alive during any of them. Not sure that will change in your lifetime. Just lose baby. 

• Like 1