Discussion, the Jets call asking to trade for Fields. What's your price?

Epyon

Saw this as a mailbag question for one of the fan sites, but in their hypothetical they where being offered a singular Jets 1st rounder.... I'd prefer to keep this more open ended and see where everyone has Fields currently valued at?  Pretend you're Ryan Poles, what makes Fields into a Jet for you?

Spoiler

Me personally, I'd probably go as low as a 2nd rounder MAYBE as low as a 3rd + something else (pick swap, additional later pick, or OL/DL depth). And being honest, that was a higher asking price than I probably should aim for, since I'm already out on the kid, and a higher price than I suppose I would have expected to give before actually thinking about the question.

Edited by Epyon

The pendulum swings this team puts people through is astonishing.  

10 months ago people were starting to worry that Luke Getsy might get poached in the offseason. 6 weeks ago I thought this team was going to the playoffs, 3 weeks ago I thought they'd at least be even with GB, and now I'm ready to talk GM candidates and QBs. 

It's not just me either,  was chatting with a client who is a massive fan, goes to every game and he's trying to get someone to buy his suite for Broncos and Vikings.  I don't listen to sports radio but I can just imagine the shrieking on there. 

Does Sunday go down as the worst loss in recent memory?  Double doink was rough but this one seems crippling.  

How the **** does a team manage to make a week 2 game a "must win"

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

The pendulum swings this team puts people through is astonishing.  

10 months ago people were starting to worry that Luke Getsy might get poached in the offseason. 6 weeks ago I thought this team was going to the playoffs, 3 weeks ago I thought they'd at least be even with GB, and now I'm ready to talk GM candidates and QBs. 

It's not just me either,  was chatting with a client who is a massive fan, goes to every game and he's trying to get someone to buy his suite for Broncos and Vikings.  I don't listen to sports radio but I can just imagine the shrieking on there. 

Does Sunday go down as the worst loss in recent memory?  Double doink was rough but this one seems crippling.  

How the **** does a team manage to make a week 2 game a "must win"

This thread is exactly problem with NFL scheduling that game week 1 AND the Bears going through so many camp Oline injuries AND deciding to go with a ****ty game plan as a result.  

Perfect storm of bad luck and bad decisions and poor play by some.

Whole fan base has turned into nihilist Arby’s now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

It's not just me either,  was chatting with a client who is a massive fan, goes to every game and he's trying to get someone to buy his suite for Broncos and Vikings.

Nothing to me says massive fan like trying to get rid of your tickets after an embarrassing loss. 

If every game this season goes like the packers loss did, I’m here for all of it. 

29 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Nothing to me says massive fan like trying to get rid of your tickets after an embarrassing loss. 

If every game this season goes like the packers loss did, I’m here for all of it. 

Just because you sell your tickets doesn't make you less of a fan. You can watch on tv like 98% of fans. It makes you smart. Get your money back, maybe even make a profit, and sit in your house as opposed to potential ****ty weather

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah, I'm diehard enough to be here for all of it.... And though this game was closer than people want to admit, we still have a ways to go before we hit Trestman bears bad losses (since that was at least 3 losses this bad in a row and over 40 points scored against us each time, if memory serves).. 

I will admit that part of my only enjoyment actually watching the season so far is simple vindication... Fields wasn't draftable coming out to me because of his slow processing time and super long time to throw metric (though I'll also admit that I did like Zach Wilson and Mac Jones... and both of them suck so /shrug).. I've also never been a fan of going back to the 4-3 w Flus/Williams because I absolutely detest the passive softness... And I've never once thought Getsy deserved his job (I'm way more skeptical of coaches getting fame from being next to HoF talent that was successful regardless of the coach)... 

But honestly, the really sad thing is that I've enjoyed the tape breakdown videos eviscerating the team now more than the games themselves.